Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App freezes but still plays music

I have a Galaxy S7, and lately my Spotify app has been acting up. Every once in a while the entire app itself will freeze, but it'll still be playing music. The pull-down from the notification bar will display whatever song was on previously, and I c...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Galaxy S7, and lately my Spotify app has been acting up. Every once in a while the entire app itself will freeze, but it'll still be playing music. The pull-down from the notification bar wi...
  • jp_onelove
  • 23 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 5 likes

Persian musics

Once I wrote what I need ,please just help to get spotify and enjoy listening persian traditional musics.thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Once I wrote what I need ,please just help to get spotify and enjoy listening persian traditional musics.thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Use SD card for phone with Spotify preinstalled

Hello everyone, I am using Spotify Premium on a Sony X Performance phone. The phone came with Spotify preinstalled, meaning I can't deinstall and install it again. I can only disable it. I'm saying this because my Spotify app can't see my SD card, an...

• Hello everyone,   I am using Spotify Premium on a Sony X Performance phone. The phone came with Spotify preinstalled, meaning I can't deinstall and install it again. I can only disable it. &n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast elite connectivity

Hello there, I'm having trouble using my android phone and Windows PC to operate and stream spofify on my Chromecast Elite. Chromecast is plugged into my amplifier which I use to play music and as a gate to my TV. Many times it does work without any ...

• Hello there,   I'm having trouble using my android phone and Windows PC to operate and stream spofify on my Chromecast Elite.    Chromecast is plugged into my amplifier which I use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded albums disappear - again!

This is becoming very annoying! Random times when I try to use Spotify in the car, all my downloaded albums disappear from my SD card. Sometimes they reappear when I'm next near wi-fi, other timesI have to download all over again. This can be time co...

• This is becoming very annoying! Random times when I try to use Spotify in the car, all my downloaded albums disappear from my SD card. Sometimes they reappear when I'm next near wi-fi, other timesI h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Loccal files dont sync with phone

I want to sync my local songs to my android phone but if i want to download it, it says wait for download i have waited an half hour and it hasnt yet downloaded it.

• I want to sync my local songs to my android phone but if i want to download it, it says wait for download i have waited an half hour and it hasnt yet downloaded it.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Music can't be played on Spotify connect

Hello,I connected a few of my local songs to my Spotify Premium and I use a speaker by Heos with Spotify connect. It plays every song without trouble but the local ones I just added. Spotify tells me than "this song can't be played as long as there i...

• Hello, I connected a few of my local songs to my Spotify Premium and I use a speaker by Heos with Spotify connect. It plays every song without trouble but the local ones I just added. Spotify tells ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dowloaded song dissappear

Hey guys, it tortues me a lot. I've got the premium account, and always, after i downloaded the songs, maybe for like 2 months, the downloaded songs became un-dowloaded. Why would this keep happening? Any solutions to deal with the problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, it tortues me a lot. I've got the premium account, and always, after i downloaded the songs, maybe for like 2 months, the downloaded songs became un-dowloaded. Why would this keep happening...
  • Vader2004
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi

does spotify use's data alot? Without premium

• does spotify use's data alot? Without premium
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My mobile won't play music after upgrading

Hi, my son has been listening to spotify on my premium account on my old mobile for a while now, today I got a premium family subscription, after inviting him his phone now won't play music, instead his only option is to use his phone as a remote for...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, my son has been listening to spotify on my premium account on my old mobile for a while now, today I got a premium family subscription, after inviting him his phone now won't play music, instead ...
  • shortwired
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Volume low over bluetooth

my volume is low when I play over bluetooth, my friend tried on thier account with thier phone [iphone] on the same bluetooth speaker and it was louder than mine. my phone is cranked up to max. im pretty sure its just spotify as i used to use pandora...

•  my volume is low when I play over bluetooth, my friend tried on thier account with thier phone [iphone] on the same bluetooth speaker and it was louder than mine. my phone is cranked up to max....
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Saved music is gone

I went to shuffle play my saved songs today, and was met with a "your saved songs go here" message. I'm on a Galaxy J7 that I got about two weeks ago, but have been able to see and play my saved songs on this phone before. Everything seems normal on ...

• Casual Listener
  • I went to shuffle play my saved songs today, and was met with a "your saved songs go here" message. I'm on a Galaxy J7 that I got about two weeks ago, but have been able to see and play my saved song...
  • darylrapley
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Calls and Bluetooth

I talk on Facebook messenger voice calls almost all day. I am trying to get Spotify to play music through a Bluetooth speaker while the call stays on my phone speaker. Is this possible? Android 7

• Casual Listener
  • I talk on Facebook messenger voice calls almost all day. I am trying to get Spotify to play music through a Bluetooth speaker while the call stays on my phone speaker. Is this possible? Android 7
  • Tzelik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sharing tracks has stopped working

I've been routinely sending my girlfriend songs with the Share feature over Spotify and as of a month or so ago she stopped receiving them.It works if I share from my work computer, but not my phone. I'm running on a LG G2 and she has a Samsung Galax...

• Regular
  • I've been routinely sending my girlfriend songs with the Share feature over Spotify and as of a month or so ago she stopped receiving them. It works if I share from my work computer, but not my phon...
  • darcyroad
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify free acting like a premium?

On mobile my spotify free acts like a premium or more like spotify free on computer. I can skip songs as much as I want to without limits but I haven't bought the premium (I have used the free trial but that was ages ago). Other premium features does...

• On mobile my spotify free acts like a premium or more like spotify free on computer. I can skip songs as much as I want to without limits but I haven't bought the premium (I have used the free trial ...
  • smallville13
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Wont connect to car stereo

I have the Pioneer AVH-X3800DAD eith the spotify application on the stereo so i can connect it through the stereo and choose my playlists, but for a few months since the update i can not get it to conmect to the stereo, i can get it to play through n...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the Pioneer AVH-X3800DAD eith the spotify application on the stereo so i can connect it through the stereo and choose my playlists, but for a few months since the update i can not get it to co...
  • Suppamodo
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Artists won't stay followed

I don't know if there's a limit to the number of artists you casn follow (on a free account), but whenever i try to follow an artist it highlights the 'follow' button as if i did it sucessfully, but when i go to the artist later, it the follow button...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know if there's a limit to the number of artists you casn follow (on a free account), but whenever i try to follow an artist it highlights the 'follow' button as if i did it sucessfully, but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Illegal use of my account by someone else

My account somehow has been hacked into. All of my stations and personal preferences are gone, & in their place is someone else's songs, artists, etc. How are they accessing and using my account & how do I stop them?

• My account somehow has been hacked into. All of my stations and personal preferences are gone, & in their place is someone else's songs, artists, etc. How are they accessing and using my account ...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No me detecta micro sd

Hola buenas tardes ya llevo 15 días con este problema ya actualice Spotify, lo densistale Spotify formatee micro SD y no la detecta y ya he hecho varias cosas y ni así siempre se guarda en la interna pero se llena rápidamente, ya hice de borrar datos...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola buenas tardes ya llevo 15 días con este problema ya actualice Spotify, lo densistale Spotify formatee micro SD y no la detecta y ya he hecho varias cosas y ni así siempre se guarda en la interna...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Remote device try to control my account

When playing my account another device (someones iphone) conect and take control of what i am listening. I have wifi and bluetooth turned off but the other device still controlling and also the othef user deleted my playlists. How that is posible ???...

• When playing my account another device (someones iphone) conect and take control of what i am listening. I have wifi and bluetooth turned off but the other device still controlling  and also the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes