Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! $0.99 3 month 0remium after 7 day trial?

Hey.I'm wondering if I can get the 3 months for $0.99 thing after activatimg the 6 day trial. The promo page says its for people who haven't tried premium before, not sure if the 7 day trial counts. Any help appreciated:)

• Regular
  • Hey. I'm wondering if I can get the 3 months for $0.99 thing after activatimg the 6 day trial. The promo page says its for people who haven't tried premium before, not sure if the 7 day trial counts...
  • elcheno1123
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Connect] Prevent Spotify from Autostarting / Autoplaying on Android

I'm a premium user and have been a member since 2011. Spotify regularly autostarts and autoplays on my Android phone (Moto X Pure Edition) connected to Bluetooth, even over the top of other audio apps (Pandora, Overdrive, Audible, PocketCasts). For e...

• Regular
  • I'm a premium user and have been a member since 2011. Spotify regularly autostarts and autoplays on my Android phone (Moto X Pure Edition) connected to Bluetooth, even over the top of other audio app...
  • TallMartin
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Connect
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify not showing up android auto

Hi everyone, I plug my phone into my car to start android auto and the only thing that pops up under music is google music or mlb at bat. Spotify is not showing up. I can play it on bluetooth but then it doesn't show the name of the song and I have t...

• Hi everyone,   I plug my phone into my car to start android auto and the only thing that pops up under music is google music or mlb at bat. Spotify is not showing up.   I can play it on...
  • lexw
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Random suggested songs

Why am I getting random song when i play an artist album.I tried creating larger playlist and I still give me unwanted suggeted song.It doesn't happen all the time to all artist albums, but it just shows up on "Up Next On shuffle".I've played artist ...

• Why am I getting random song when i play an artist album. I tried creating larger playlist and I still give me unwanted suggeted song. It doesn't happen all the time to all artist albums, but it ju...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Android) Still downloding music ando full memory

Hello i have a problemMy application is still downloading files and my memory is full. I tried to deactivate the collaborative and public lists making them private, but every time I reconnect ,the downloads in the background continue. I speak of Two ...

• Hello i have a problem My application is still downloading files and my memory is full. I tried to deactivate the collaborative and public lists making them private, but every time I reconnect ,t...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My music stops

Hello, I would like to know how to solve this.It happens when I select a song and lock my phone. The song stops and even the pattern keyboard and spotify player begin to blink.I tried to log out, uninstall the application correctly, reinstall it and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I would like to know how to solve this. It happens when I select a song and lock my phone. The song stops and even the pattern keyboard and spotify player begin to blink. I tried to log out,...
  • t3685
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Eigene gekaufte Musik?!

Nabend! Hab jetzt Premium und schon fleißig meine Playlist zusammengestellt. Allerdings stehe ich vor dem Problem, das ich auf meinem Android Spotify nicht meine extra z. B. auf Amazon gekaufte Musik in die Playlist einfügen kann. Auf dem Desktop fun...

• Casual Listener
  • Nabend!   Hab jetzt Premium und schon fleißig meine Playlist zusammengestellt. Allerdings stehe ich vor dem Problem, das ich auf meinem Android Spotify nicht meine extra z. B. auf Amazon gekau...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Marantz 610 and Spotify App issue

Hi,I have just subscribed to Spotify Premium. Works great on my Desktop and on my phone but when I try to use the Andriod Spotify all to play a Playlist from my phone through my Marantz CR610 system (on which I have logged my Spotify account and conn...

Screenshot_20161216-164739 (002).png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have just subscribed to Spotify Premium. Works great on my Desktop and on my phone but when I try to use the Andriod Spotify all to play a Playlist from my phone through my Marantz CR610 syste...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Redesign the Android app to fit the Material Design Guidelines

The app on my android don't open very often. It takes forever, if at all, for it to come up. I can't access any of my music, searches, or anything. Seriously considering dropping it! Works great, when it works!

• The app on my android don't open very often. It takes forever, if at all, for it to come up. I can't access any of my music, searches, or anything. Seriously considering dropping it! Works great, whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY SE CIERRA SOLO

Cuando estoy escuchando una canción en el celular se cierra solo. Pasa reiterativamente.Alguien sabe cómo solucionarlo?

• Casual Listener
  • Cuando estoy escuchando una canción en el celular se cierra solo. Pasa reiterativamente. Alguien sabe cómo solucionarlo?
  • fede1988
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Have to re-download repeatedly

Four times now my entire catalog has undownloaded itself and I have to redownload. I don't have wifi access. Getting very old. Anyone else have this problem

• Four times now my entire catalog has undownloaded itself and I have to redownload. I don't have wifi access. Getting very old. Anyone else have this problem
  • Zuzakon
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with New releases and topplist

How come I cant get any options when I want to go to new releases or topplist. Only a dark picture comes up. It has never happend before

• How come I cant get any options when I want to go to new releases or topplist. Only a dark picture comes up. It has never happend before
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung galaxy s6 battery drain

Ive found a few recent posts of people having this issue but they are a bit technobabbly for me to follow.Issue: massive battery drain even when plugged in to charge.Even when plugged in with a fast charger, spotify seems to be draining my battery.Wh...

• Ive found a few recent posts of people having this issue but they are a bit technobabbly for me to follow. Issue: massive battery drain even when plugged in to charge. Even when plugged in with...
  • Hernes
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bezahlung Spotify family

Kann ich spotify family wie bisher bei meinem premium abo über meine mobil funk abrechnung laufen lassen???

• Kann ich spotify family wie bisher bei meinem premium abo über meine mobil funk abrechnung laufen lassen???
  • wingshq
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solution : Equalizer for LG Gx and other devices without Equalizer

Some devices do not enable use of the Spotify standard app equalizer. For example the LG G2 & G3 models.There are many 3rd party equalizer apps in the Play Store, but I have struggled to find one that works (and does not introduce bugs, malfunctions ...

• Roadie
  • Some devices do not enable use of the Spotify standard app equalizer.  For example the LG G2 & G3 models. There are many 3rd party equalizer apps in the Play Store, but I have struggled to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • equaliser
    Equalizer
    LG
    solution
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Supprimer téléchargements ?

Bonjour,J'utilise Spotify sur Android, j'aimerai savoir comment faire pour supprimer certains téléchargements (pas tous) que j'ai fais en local sur mon tel (sur ma carte SD) ?Car lorsque je sélectionne un titre ou un album à supprimer et que je sélec...

• Bonjour, J'utilise Spotify sur Android, j'aimerai savoir comment faire pour supprimer certains téléchargements (pas tous) que j'ai fais en local sur mon tel (sur ma carte SD) ? Car lorsque je sélec...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Songs wont be fully downloaded

I am having trouble downloading some songs. My phone does download all the songs and they are marked as downloaded but when I try to listen to them offline, some songs just play a little time and then completely freeze while most of the songs can be ...

• I am having trouble downloading some songs. My phone does download all the songs and they are marked as downloaded but when I try to listen to them offline, some songs just play a little time and the...
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I download my offline local music from my phone

So pretty much I had local music in my PC and I offline downloaded it in my phone in a playlist. Long story short I formatted my PC and lost all the local music and thought I lost it from Spotify since it disappeared from the desktop client (obviousl...

• Casual Listener
  • So pretty much I had local music in my PC and I offline downloaded it in my phone in a playlist. Long story short I formatted my PC and lost all the local music and thought I lost it from Spotify sin...
  • FireTendencies
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How deactivate random mode

Hi all !I have a Premium account and cannot deactivate random/aleatory mode on my Samsung (Android). No problems with PC or iPad... Any comment about?Thanks !

• Regular
  • Hi all ! I have a Premium account and cannot deactivate random/aleatory mode on my Samsung (Android). No problems with PC or iPad... Any comment about? Thanks !
  • ITConseil
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline playlist keep redownloading

I have premium subscription, but i can't play offline. i have hundreds of songs, once i've finished downloading, i go offline and i can't play the downloaded song. i figure it out that when i press download button on a playlist, it start downloading,...

• I have premium subscription, but i can't play offline. i have hundreds of songs, once i've finished downloading, i go offline and i can't play the downloaded song. i figure it out that when i press d...
  • wingshq
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes