Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant switch track with widget!

Galaxy s7 verizonWidget on lock screen or home page will not allow me to choose next song in que as well as rewind or back track. Works fine when app is open.

• Casual Listener
  • Galaxy s7 verizon Widget on lock screen or home page will not allow me to choose next song in que as well as rewind or back track. Works fine when app is open.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to sort playlist on android

GALAXY S7 VERIZONtitle pretty much says it all.Desktop allows for these options however mobile device does not.

• Casual Listener
  • GALAXY S7 VERIZON title pretty much says it all. Desktop allows for these options however mobile device does not.
  • Edmundhong
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't see my Friends acitivity

When I am on the mobile app I go to the be where acitivity shluld be and when I go there instead of seeing my friend's acitivity the only I see is "There is no messages" before this happened I could choose to see acitivity or the messages section but...

• Casual Listener
  • When I am on the mobile app I go to the be where acitivity shluld be and when I go there instead of seeing my friend's acitivity the only I see is "There is no messages" before this happened I could ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No playback

Im a premium subscriber..I have always been able to play songs in my play lists and music that I just save. Well now I can only listen to music on playlist. Did something change? I get the message that the song is unavailable..even when I do a new se...

• Im a premium subscriber..I have always been able to play songs in my play lists and music that I just save. Well now I can only listen to music on playlist. Did something change? I get the message th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Message doesn't appear

Hi there,when I click on the menu sign, on the bottom appears my picture, name, settings and a bell with a blue dot (which means that I have a message in my inbox). But when I click on the bell my inbox appears empty...did this ever happened to anyon...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, when I click on the menu sign, on the bottom appears my picture, name, settings and a bell with a blue dot (which means that I have a message in my inbox). But when I click on the bell my ...
  • claudishavi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Change facebook account

I want to link my Spotify to a different Facebook how do I do it?

• Visitor
  • I want to link my Spotify to a different Facebook how do I do it?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Another spotify being too slow

Hi there,Its been a couple of months that I've had this problem. Whenever i open the app on my Lg G4 (with the latest updates available) it takes forever to be able to use it, as it keeps loading. Then, when i go for a search, it also takes a long ti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, Its been a couple of months that I've had this problem. Whenever i open the app on my Lg G4 (with the latest updates available) it takes forever to be able to use it, as it keeps loading. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

file locali Google ChromeCast Android

Ciao a tuttiho collegato il mio spotify con il chromecast audio e riesco a riprodurre nello stereo tutti i brani di spotify tranne quelli che ho importato dal pc qualcuno sa dirmi come fare per riprodurre anche quelli dal telefono sullo stereo

• Ciao a tutti ho collegato il mio spotify con il chromecast audio e riesco a riprodurre nello stereo tutti i brani di spotify tranne quelli che ho importato dal pc qualcuno sa dirmi come fare per rip...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

mobile app: can't connect

Hello ! When I try to connect to the mobile app of Spotify it doesn't work and there is an error msg saying that password is incorrect. I changed a few times and it is still not working (whil that password works on my PC). I deleted the app and downl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello ! When I try to connect to the mobile app of Spotify it doesn't work and there is an error msg saying that password is incorrect. I changed a few times and it is still not working (whil that pa...
  • Alexast7
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify now screwed up on Android box

I quite often use Spotfy on the PC to control the version running on my android box. The android is connected ot the TV and so it lets me play Spotify though my connected sound system. Now it has always been very por on android boxes. It tends to ass...

• I quite often use Spotfy on the PC to control the version running on my android box.  The android is connected ot the TV and so it lets me play Spotify though my connected sound system.  No...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume

My volume turns up and down as i play music. Sounds like the vocals come in and out of the background of the song. Yes i have set the extreme settings on and messed with the equalizerSpotify is the only app that does this!!!!!

• My volume turns up and down as i play music. Sounds like the vocals come in and out of the background of the song. Yes i have set the extreme settings on and messed with the equalizer Spotify is the...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with playlist on android.

Hello, I have a problem with the spotify app on android, in the "Recently played" part of the application there is a playlist of a disabled user that makes it impossible for me to remove or hide the playlist, when I try to access this playlist it ask...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a problem with the spotify app on android, in the "Recently played" part of the application there is a playlist of a disabled user that makes it impossible for me to remove or hide the ...
  • ThiagoAmorim
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deletes the songs I downloaded

When I download my music to listen to thme without wifi connection they aren't downloaded any more when I come back to the app... That happens quite every day and I'm kind of disappointed because I'm paying for a lot of troubleSamsung 5Spotify Premiu...

• When I download my music to listen to thme without wifi connection they aren't downloaded any more when I come back to the app... That happens quite every day and I'm kind of disappointed because I'm...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I play a specific song using Google Voice

I've looked all over and no answer to this question, it's a fairly simple requests in my opinion but it seems to be impossible to implement using Google Voice.When I say, "Okay Google play Third Eye Blind Misfits" for example it will play Third Eye B...

• Music Fan
  • I've looked all over and no answer to this question, it's a fairly simple requests in my opinion but it seems to be impossible to implement using Google Voice. When I say, "Okay Google play Third ...
  • kellyme
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer problems with imported songs

I synced a couple of songs on my phone which aren't available on spotify, I also have always my standard Android Equalizer with custom settings running.Now everytime i get from a song thats from spotify to a synced one the equalizer shuts completely ...

• I synced a couple of songs on my phone which aren't available on spotify, I also have always my standard Android Equalizer with custom settings running. Now everytime i get from a song thats from sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Too many devices

Hi people. I have posted this before but its happend again. I got a message along the lines of " you can only download to a max of 2/3 devices so all your downloads will be removed from this device". That device is my phone which is the ONLY device I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi people. I have posted this before but its happend again. I got a message along the lines of " you can only download to a max of 2/3 devices so all your downloads will be removed from this device"....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect volume problem on Sony SRS7

I have a Sony SRS7 speaker and the connect functionality is great but i have a problem with volume control.The volume control works perfectly on iphones but in my android (moto g4) don´t work at all. Is this normal on android or i missing something?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Sony SRS7 speaker and the connect functionality is great but i have a problem with volume control. The volume control works perfectly on iphones but in my android (moto g4) don´t work at al...
  • elfer83
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stopping mid song on my Android phone

I can't figure out what is causing it, I can't even get through one song before it shuts off. This is a new problem, as I have used it on my phone for months without issues, and first noticed this problem yesterday. Doesn't matter if it is streaming ...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't figure out what is causing it, I can't even get through one song before it shuts off.  This is a new problem, as I have used it on my phone for months without issues, and first noticed t...
  • Ciara1996
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes