Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

playback issues

While listening to music certain apps when opening shuts the music off for no apparent reason. This just started so I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. This didnt fix the problem. Certain apps I need to be running and listening to music while usin...

• Casual Listener
  • While listening to music certain apps when opening shuts the music off for no apparent reason. This just started so I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. This didnt fix the problem. Certain apps I n...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs change after 20 seconds

I have the newest version of Spotify on my samung galaxy s7 and when I want to listen to music every song changes after 20 seconds of playing. No matter if I have blocked phone or not. I've reinstalled but it didn't help

• Casual Listener
  • I have the newest version of Spotify on my samung galaxy s7 and when I want to listen to music every song changes after 20 seconds of playing. No matter if I have blocked phone or not. I've reinstall...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App says I'm offline, but I'm not!

Hello, I've seen a couple of topics about this marked as fix, but they are not, so, here's a new one. I bought a ZenFone 2 and after log in (regular account since i'm not using facebook) the app keeps telling me that I'm offline even if I'm connected...

• Hello, I've seen a couple of topics about this marked as fix, but they are not, so, here's a new one. I bought a ZenFone 2 and after log in (regular account since i'm not using facebook) the app keep...
  • kleeh1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

offline music "unlinked"

I have a SSD where all music gets downloaded. It is the fourth time (in a few days) that while playing a song, it suddenly stops (and resume after a few seconds) but the app shows like there are no downloaded songs and ignores the SSD card (the music...

• Regular
  • I have a SSD where all music gets downloaded. It is the fourth time (in a few days) that while playing a song, it suddenly stops (and resume after a few seconds) but the app shows like there are...
  • Marplatense
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Shuffle Function Using Bluetooth

I have a Droid Turbo. When I listen to my playlist (s) using my LG Bluetooth headset, the shuffle function doesn't work properly. The most common problem is that it won't automatically advance to the next song and start playing on its own, so I have ...

• I have a Droid Turbo. When I listen to my playlist (s) using my LG Bluetooth headset, the shuffle function doesn't work properly. The most common problem is that it won't automatically advance to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic log out and download music lost

When I turn off my smartphone or in any other moment, loosing all my download music.

• When I turn off my smartphone or in any other moment, loosing all my download music.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    galaxy j7
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Load times extremely slow on samsung s5

The load times on my s5 are ridiculously slow, sometimes taking up to 5 minutes or more, but more often then not the search fails and just says "oops something went wrong try again"

• Casual Listener
  • The load times on my s5 are ridiculously slow, sometimes taking up to 5 minutes or more, but more often then not the search fails and just says "oops something went wrong try again"
  • colinwoodsy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Music

I need help how do i fix the problem when i start my song it plays then it just stops

• Casual Listener
  • I need help how do i fix the problem when i start my song it plays then it just stops
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Impossible to read mp3 playlists from Android smartphone

Hello, I have mp3s on my Windows laptop and I created playlist with these mp3s.I can read the playlists form my laptop, no issue.I can see the playlists in my Samsung Note3 Android but I can't read them nor let them offline.I'm on the same network ; ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I have mp3s on my Windows laptop and I created playlist with these mp3s. I can read the playlists form my laptop, no issue. I can see the playlists in my Samsung Note3 Android but I can't re...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hacked account

What should i do when my premium account has been hacked?

• Casual Listener
  • What should i do when my premium account has been hacked?
  • mohicans
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Have to uninstall and reinstall just to download music offline otherwise it don't work

Title basically says it all. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app just to download music offline otherwise it don't work. I'll click "download" and the grey button goes to green for about a second (if at all) then goes back to grey and doesn't d...

• Music Fan
  • Title basically says it all. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app just to download music offline otherwise it don't work. I'll click "download" and the grey button goes to green for about a seco...
  • suicidesage
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifi connected but music unplayable

I have the free Spotify, I'm connected to WiFi and can usually play songs (with the ads) but now I can't play any it only let's me shuffle play. How do I fix this???

• I have the free Spotify, I'm connected to WiFi and can usually play songs (with the ads) but now I can't play any it only let's me shuffle play. How do I fix this???
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cobro

Me queria suscribir a spotify premium sin embargo me marco que el pago no habia sido aceptado, que no se iba a realizar ningun cobro a mi tarjeta, aun asi en mi estado de cuenta aparece el cargo a Spotify, sigo siendo free, mi cuenta no es premium

• Visitor
  • Me queria suscribir a spotify premium sin embargo me marco que el pago no habia sido aceptado, que no se iba a realizar ningun cobro a mi tarjeta, aun asi en mi estado de cuenta aparece el cargo a Sp...
  • Velvil
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford and Spotify - you destroyed the experience.

Sync is worthless, I pay for spotify for the sole reason of listening to it in my car. You broke it, you took Ford's money and locked my phone. I would pay money to see someone from spotify sit in my car and seamlessly do anything. I have to reiterat...

• Regular
  • Sync is worthless, I pay for spotify for the sole reason of listening to it in my car.  You broke it, you took Ford's money and locked my phone.  I would pay money to see someone from spoti...
  • o-caneo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • brick
    Ford
    Garbage
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! How to disable Appling from Ford Sync

It is a very big inconvenience. All Ford models do not have all the features to really enjoy the Appling feature. I can see my music and only thing on the screen when I'm trying to listen inside my house is showing the Spotify/FORD Logos. Very dissat...

• Visitor
  • It is a very big inconvenience. All Ford models do not have all the features to really enjoy the Appling feature. I can see my music and only thing on the screen when I'm trying to listen inside my h...
  • o-caneo
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Applink ford
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Ford Applink Temporary Fix

Here is a temporary fix that has worked for me and a few others. The fix essentially rolls you back to before they made their recent update with applink so it works just as before. Thanks to stelth2k1 for providing the solution. You should in theory ...

• Gig Goer
  • Here is a temporary fix that has worked for me and a few others. The fix essentially rolls you back to before they made their recent update with applink so it works just as before. Thanks to stelth2k...
  • o-caneo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Install chinese version of Spotify?

Hello, is there any way to install chinese version of Spotify (or change the UI language)? I'm from Malaysia and I want to use Spotify in chinese, I've tried many ways like change the device language and locale (to Taiwan) and also download from chin...

• Hello, is there any way to install chinese version of Spotify (or change the UI language)?   I'm from Malaysia and I want to use Spotify in chinese, I've tried many ways like change the device...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • chinese
    chinese language support
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable Ford Applink with spotify

If you will not disable it I'll just go back to using a line in. I shouldn't have to force quit the application everytime I get out of my truck. My passengers are even locked out of using it. Roll it back or I'm gone

• Casual Listener
  • If you will not disable it I'll just go back to using a line in. I shouldn't have to force quit the application everytime I get out of my truck. My passengers are even locked out of using it.  ...
  • Broodweiser
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes