Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to play my own playlists!

I cannot play any of my own playlists. As soon as I choose one I am returned to my home screen. Playing a playlist i subscribe to works great, also streaming works (even streaming the exact same album I made a playlist of...) Have tried uninstall and...

• Music Fan
  • I cannot play any of my own playlists. As soon as I choose one I am returned to my home screen.   Playing a playlist i subscribe to works great, also streaming works (even streaming the exac...
  • eck07
  • 78 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 78 replies
  • 0 likes

can play on computer but not on phone

Hi. I'm from Taiwan, and for some reason spotify works on my computer but not on the app in my phone. I use a Samsung galaxy... what seems to be the problem and how can I fix it??

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I'm from Taiwan, and for some reason spotify works on my computer but not on the app in my phone. I use a Samsung galaxy... what seems to be the problem and how can I fix it??
  • maggielin8
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App Frustrations/Rants

I am tired of waiting for an update that will do anything more than nothing. So I thought I would be nice to give a wakeup call to Spotify. Post here if you are dissatisfied with the app in any way including: Bugs Play button stops working Crashes Bu...

• Music Fan
  • I am tired of waiting for an update that will do anything more than nothing.  So I thought I would be nice to give a wakeup call to Spotify.  Post here if you are dissatisfied with the&nbsp...
  • Dollg123
  • 16 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Starred Playlist Missing On Android Tablet

So started today with going onto Spotify on my desktop on Chrome and i see that I have 2 Starred playlists; 1 was the official one, one appears to be a manually made playlist - thing is, everything in this playlist was flipped the wrong way around (i...

• Visitor
  • So started today with going onto Spotify on my desktop on Chrome and i see that I have 2 Starred playlists; 1 was the official one, one appears to be a manually made playlist - thing is, everything i...
  • Wojtorb
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    disappeared
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Running Playlist Won't Load

For the past 3 days I have been unable to access the "Running" feature to listen to music set to a certain tempo. When I select "Running" under genre and moods on my android phone, after a very short loading circle, an error displays of "Sorry, somet...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past 3 days I have been unable to access the "Running" feature to listen to music set to a certain tempo. When I select "Running" under genre and moods on my android phone, after a very short...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify shuts off after 2-3 songs

Hello, Anytime I run Spotify on my Android and the screen is off... it auto-shutdowns after 2-3 songs. Is there any way to rectify this? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Anytime I run Spotify on my Android and the screen is off... it auto-shutdowns after 2-3 songs. Is there any way to rectify this?   Thanks!
  • roman10
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stop playing after every song. Sony Xperia Z5 compact

After the latest update to 3.9.0.965 the playback stops at the end of every song. No error message is shown and if I press next the next song will play but then stop again at the end.

• Regular
  • After the latest update to 3.9.0.965 the playback stops at the end of every song. No error message is shown and if I press next the next song will play but then stop again at the end.
  • guillefoca
  • Regular
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only play one song

When playing an album music stops after each track and I seem to have to unlock my phone and then play next song. I have just taken a 30 day offer for premium so not sure why songs do not run continuously?

• When playing an album music stops after each track and I seem to have to unlock my phone and then play next song. I have just taken a 30 day offer for premium so not sure why songs do not run continu...
  • guillefoca
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

offline songs require downloading again and again....

Hi,no matter what I do, spotiy keeps re-downloading all my offline albums every few days. I made sure download is complete. I re-installed spotify and the problem continues. it is annoying me so much that I am close to cancelling my account. Today I ...

• Hi, no matter what I do, spotiy keeps re-downloading all my offline albums every few days. I made sure download is complete. I re-installed spotify and the problem continues. it is annoying me so mu...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect

I can't seem to connect to my philips spotify connect speakers. Connect works between devices but when I try to connect to the speakers connection fails

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to connect to my philips spotify connect speakers. Connect works between devices but when I try to connect to the speakers connection fails
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto playlist

It's a shame i can't browse all my music on Android Auto like Apple Car Play...I can only browse trought vocal input, who works 1 on 10.... Until i can't browse ALL my music library on my car i will not renew spotify premium....i will use apple music...

• Casual Listener
  • It's a shame i can't browse all my music on Android Auto like Apple Car Play... I can only browse trought vocal input, who works 1 on 10....   Until i can't browse ALL my music library on my ...
  • andx479
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files

My desktop and my phone are connected to the same internet and everything, but my local files won't play on my phone. I see them in my playslit but when i try to play them nothing happens. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • My desktop and my phone are connected to the same internet and everything, but my local files won't play on my phone. I see them in my playslit but when i try to play them nothing happens. Please help
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed Phone - now all downloaded Songs are gone

Hello,i changed my mobil phone. All songs were downloaded on my sd-card.I put the sd-card on my new phone and started spotify. But the songs wont be found on spotify.Must i download all songs once again ? and what is with the space on the card, can o...

• Hello, i changed my mobil phone. All songs were downloaded on my sd-card. I put the sd-card on my new phone and started spotify. But the songs wont be found on spotify. Must i download all songs o...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android N Developer Preview

Spotify crashes within seconds of opening the app every time. Is there a way you could compile a version with a target of Android N and post it here for people running the Developer Preview?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify crashes within seconds of opening the app every time. Is there a way you could compile a version with a target of Android N and post it here for people running the Developer Preview?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album not given in mobile app but available on Spotify Web

Can't find the album of maximum balloon although it is given in the web version. So if I search for the song "tiger" maximum balloon feat aku in Google, I can see the song. If I touch on "open with the app" , the app opens but the song is not played....

• Casual Listener
  • Can't find the album of maximum balloon although it is given in the web version. So if I search for the song "tiger" maximum balloon feat aku in Google, I can see the song. If I touch on "open with t...
  • julyyde
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble with the chromecast audio

I can click the chromecast audio in spotify, but nothing happens... 

• Casual Listener
  • I can click the chromecast audio in spotify, but nothing happens...  
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Equilizer issues in spotify

So I downloaded spotify on my new galaxy grand prime and as I was looking in the settings I saw an equilizer option so I clicked on it and I was given a message saying it may mess with the sound and that if u have problems I should disable it so it d...

• Visitor
  • So I downloaded spotify on my new galaxy grand prime and as I was looking in the settings I saw an equilizer option so I clicked on it and I was given a message saying it may mess with the sound and ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Every other song has no sound but does seem to be playing.

Hi guys. For the last week or so a problem started happening. I'm listening to Spotify a few songs will play normally and then the next won't have any sound. If i skip the next song will be fine. If i close and reopen, the song will play fine also. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. For the last week or so a problem started happening. I'm listening to Spotify a few songs will play normally and then the next won't have any sound. If i skip the next song will be fine. If ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Help me understand how to use Spotify Connect

I and my wife each have a samsung note 3 phone. While I am driving to work in the car and she is at the gym miles away she always starts playing music on my phone. And from what She tells me she can't hear any music on her phone. This morning I say a...

• Music Fan
  • I and my wife each have a samsung note 3 phone. While I am driving to work in the car and she is at the gym miles away she always starts playing music on my phone. And from what She tells me she can'...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems Syncing from my windows 10 desktop to my samsung galaxy S7

So i upgraded my OS to windows 10, and got a new cellphone, samsung galaxy S7. i thought there would be no problems seeing as installing the software to my PC and getting spotify again on my phone was a breeze. there's the problem though LOCAL FILES ...

• Casual Listener
  • So i upgraded my OS to windows 10, and got a new cellphone, samsung galaxy S7. i thought there would be no problems seeing as installing the software to my PC and getting spotify again on my phone wa...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local files
    S7
    Samsung
    syncing
    Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes