Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Connecting to Yamaha R-N301 network receiver

I have just subscribed to Spotify Premium & am trying to connect to my Yamaha R-N301 network receiver. The receiver name appears in the list of connected devices, but when I select it Spotify says it is connecting but fails. I'm running latest firmwa...

• Regular
  • I have just subscribed to Spotify Premium & am trying to connect to my Yamaha R-N301 network receiver. The receiver name appears in the list of connected devices, but when I select it Spotify say...
  • ijlane-gb
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • R-N301
    Yamaha
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all my playlists

I am trying to shuffle all my playlists for a party Saturday. Is there anyway to do that?

• I am trying to shuffle all my playlists for a party Saturday. Is there anyway to do that?
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

search function

Here is the problem:Everytime i type a random letter into the search of the spotify app under android and the second letter is an "o" or an "i" the whole app goes down. Same qith my computer but other letters.need some help please.I hate this bug som...

• Here is the problem: Everytime i type a random letter into the search of the spotify app under android and the second letter is an "o" or an "i" the whole app goes down. Same qith my computer but ot...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random pausing (Note 5)

I keep having to turn the screen back on and push play again from it pausing a few times per hour....does anyone else have this problem?The song controls on my bluetooth headphones don't get the song to play again either and I know that's not the pro...

• Music Fan
  • I keep having to turn the screen back on and push play again from it pausing a few times per hour....does anyone else have this problem? The song controls on my bluetooth headphones don't get the so...
  • Psyfusion
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Shuffle play

Even though I have paid for Premium, I cannot turn off the Shuffle Play on my Android smartphone.Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Even though I have paid for Premium, I cannot turn off the Shuffle Play on my Android smartphone. Please help.
  • Lindalenihan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No SD Card Found

I'm a premium subscriber and questioning that decision daily. EVERY time I restart my phone, Spotify starts by itself and tells me there's no SD card for me to check my storage. If the app DIDN'T start without my permission, the SD card would be able...

• Regular
  • I'm a premium subscriber and questioning that decision daily.  EVERY time I restart my phone, Spotify starts by itself and tells me there's no SD card for me to check my storage.  If the ap...
  • Yowie07
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved/starred song and playlist are gone

I lapsed on my premium payment and now have none of my sawed music any help please!!!

• Casual Listener
  • I lapsed on my premium payment and now have none of my sawed music any help please!!!
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Song Issues

My spotify on android will not play songs one after the other. it will play a song, then indicate that it is playing the next song, but there will be no sound. I've tried uninstalling 4 times, i cleared the data twice, and at this point i don't know ...

• My spotify on android will not play songs one after the other. it will play a song, then indicate that it is playing the next song, but there will be no sound. I've tried uninstalling 4 times, i clea...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not play on mobile device

I am using LG g2 with android 4.4.2 ver.I can not play music on my phone. I press play but it doesnt work.I can play on computer and spotify can be controlled it by my phone(play,stop,back...) when computer is playing music.I have tried uninstall app...

• I am using LG g2 with android 4.4.2 ver. I can not play music on my phone. I press play but it doesnt work. I can play on computer and spotify can be controlled it by my phone(play,stop,back...) wh...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlists got "wiped", now I can't play offline songs?

I can no longer download tracks to my Z3 that I have imported. This happened after my phone rebooted because of an update, although I'm unsure why that affected my downloaded files as I save them to an sd card. The files aren't corrupt since they're ...

• Gig Goer
  • I can no longer download tracks to my Z3 that I have imported. This happened after my phone rebooted because of an update, although I'm unsure why that affected my downloaded files as I save them to ...
  • juzh
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desafortunadamente, Spotify se ha detenido

Luego de la última actualización de la app en mi Samsung note 4, no puedo abrir la app pues me sale el mensaje que se ha detenido, tal como está en el objeto del post ... solo puedo escuchar la música que quedo sonando en el widget... por favor resue...

• Luego de la última actualización de la app en mi Samsung note 4, no puedo abrir la app pues me sale el mensaje que se ha detenido, tal como está en el objeto del post ... solo puedo escuchar la músic...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Is Discover Weekly gone for good?

I used to LOVE it but I don't have it anymore.I'm a paying memeber and I use Spotify almost every single day, yet one day Discover Weekly simply disappeared. I'm in Costa Rica and we got this feature, it would suck pretty hard if it was removed from ...

• Gig Goer
  • I used to LOVE it but I don't have it anymore. I'm a paying memeber and I use Spotify almost every single day, yet one day Discover Weekly simply disappeared.   I'm in Costa Rica and we got...
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists don't play continuously

I have premium and playlists won't play continuously. They stop between each track on any settings. I've logged out and in many times and once it started working and stopped again. I've deleted and resaved the app, downloaded the music, everything. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium and playlists won't play continuously. They stop between each track on any settings. I've logged out and in many times and once it started working and stopped again. I've deleted and r...
  • amansheffer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify should have sdcard transfer

I have a playlist that has 1700song and i have premium but i can't use it offline because there isn't an option to transfer the data from external storage to sd card.I tried to full my external storage and re-install spotify but it didn't work out so...

• I have a playlist that has 1700song and i have premium but i can't use it offline because there isn't an option to transfer the data from external storage to sd card. I tried to full my external s...
  • mobi3006
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Updated 14th feb - Now spotify won't open - android

Couldn't locate the browse function so thought i'd update the app. Android phone: Samsung S5. I've restarted, cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled but the app won't open. I have 7gb free. Premium account through vodafone. Anyone else having this p...

• Couldn't locate the browse function so thought i'd update the app. Android phone: Samsung S5. I've restarted, cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled but the app won't open. I have 7gb free. Premium ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Update
    wont load
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify account does not work on phone (neither Android nor iPhone)

Hi everybody, I recently installed Spotify Free on my Macbook and now also wanted to use it on my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy S 5 Mini). However, although I can Log In my account and see my playlists, if I press the "Shuffle" button nothing happens...

• Hi everybody,   I recently installed Spotify Free on my Macbook and now also wanted to use it on my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy S 5 Mini). However, although I can Log In my account and see m...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Guardar la música descargada en memoria Sd

Hola:No me es posible guardar la música descargada de Spotify en la tarjeta SD.Teléfono BQ Aquaris E6, Android Kit-Kat.Ya he hecho:Rootear teléfono, instalear sd fix, poner en teléfono disco de escritura predeterminada: SD.He seguido indicaciones de ...

• Hola: No me es posible guardar la música descargada de Spotify en la tarjeta SD. Teléfono BQ Aquaris E6, Android Kit-Kat. Ya he hecho: Rootear teléfono, instalear sd fix, poner en teléfono disco ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files only partially syncing to android phone/tablet

hiI have set up local files to create a playlist to have on my Android phone/tablet. I can create the playlists no problem but the files are only partially syncing to my devices. When I check I get the message "waiting to download". One device does h...

• Casual Listener
  • hi I have set up local files to create a playlist to have on my Android phone/tablet. I can create the playlists no problem but the files are only partially syncing to my devices. When I check I get...
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files not syncing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost play lists

due to a technical problem, I had to reinstall the app and now with the new app installed I logged in and now it appears that my play lists are gone :-((( how do I get them back?

• Visitor
  • due to a technical problem, I had to reinstall the app and now with the new app installed I logged in and now it appears that my play lists are gone :-((( how do I get them back?
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Account Stops Playing Randomly

Sometimes I can play a few songs in a row, sometimes only one or two. The screen shows that the song is playing but there is no sound. It's only when I stop the song and begin it again that I get sound restored. I've tried turning off various feature...

• Regular
  • Sometimes I can play a few songs in a row, sometimes only one or two. The screen shows that the song is playing but there is no sound. It's only when I stop the song and begin it again that I get sou...
  • borealsounds
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes