Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not working

Please help..my app has just stopped working.have tried everything

• Regular
  • Please help..my app has just stopped working.have tried everything
  • ashmcdonagh
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't keep its place.

Alright so I don't know how people usually do this so I am just going to use the template that I found. Brief description of the issue: Whenever I use Spotify on my tablet it never saves the postion of the playlist. By that I mean it won't save where...

• Alright so I don't know how people usually do this so I am just going to use the template that I found.   Brief description of the issue: Whenever I use Spotify on my tablet it never save...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

SD card issue

I have to store my music on my SD card. I have about 16gb on my SD. I recently removed my SD card for a few minutes and even after a reboot, Spotify does not seem to realize I have 16gb of music cached. If I go on WiFi it immediately starts to downlo...

• I have to store my music on my SD card. I have about 16gb on my SD. I recently removed my SD card for a few minutes and even after a reboot, Spotify does not seem to realize I have 16gb of music cach...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble loading Spotify on Galaxy S5 after android system upgrade

Please help . after a system upgrade on the Phone it wont let me log in to spotify. The screen goes black then boots you out of the app.I have uninstalled and re installed Spotify but keep on having the same problem .It downloads the app takes me to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Please help . after a system upgrade on the Phone it wont let me log in to spotify. The screen goes black then boots you out of the app. I have uninstalled and re installed Spotify but keep on havin...
  • madmonkey23
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crashing on jelly been

Where can I get previous versions for downloads? I'm experiencing crashes when I select the menu side player on fullscreen. Spotify does not provide a decent and personal support for service intended to be premium

• Casual Listener
  • Where can I get previous versions for downloads? I'm experiencing crashes when I select the menu side player on fullscreen. Spotify does not provide a decent and personal support for service intended...
  • Viniciusthedim
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash Android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save to SD Card

As a newbie who has just purchased a Samsung S3 mini I do not know how to download music to my memory card in order to listen to music offline. Could you advise which app download from the app store as currently I am "working blind" - my phone is syn...

• Visitor
  • As a newbie who has just purchased a Samsung S3 mini I do not know how to download music to my memory card in order to listen to music offline.   Could you advise which app do...
  • Warmpopsucks
  • 58 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 2 likes

No favorites/starred in android player

Hi my problem is that i cant se my favorites/starred in spotify for android. My version is 4.0.0.800. On my computer is works like a charm. Plz help. /Johan

• Hi my problem is that i cant se my favorites/starred in spotify for android. My version is 4.0.0.800. On my computer is works like a charm.  Plz help.   /Johan
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download offline songs on my new Android

Hello! This is my 4th phone with spotify premium, when I want to download my playlist to listen offline, a message appears saying that I can only have 3 devices with offline music, but i've already removed my old devices on spotify brazil website. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   This is my 4th phone with spotify premium, when I want to download my playlist to listen offline, a message appears saying that I can only have 3 devices with offline music, but i've ...
  • Pete
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy Grand Prime Spotify stops suddenly

The app stops playing the music without any sign of sense. What to do?

• Visitor
  • The app stops playing the music without any sign of sense. What to do?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent downloading of offline songs

I've noticed that the Spotify app has been frequenty showing a "Downloading" notification, with no more information. My device recently ran out of storage, and I suspect it is because of this. How can I prevent the app from automatically downloading ...

• I've noticed that the Spotify app has been frequenty showing a "Downloading" notification, with no more information. My device recently ran out of storage, and I suspect it is because of this. How ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Disappeared

Recently I have discovered that my list of saved songs don't show up on my Android. All of my playlists are still there and I can see my songs on my laptop, but not on my phone. Any ideas why? Is this something that has happened to anyone else or jus...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I have discovered that my list of saved songs don't show up on my Android. All of my playlists are still there and I can see my songs on my laptop, but not on my phone. Any ideas why? Is thi...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to sync local files android device anymore?

Just upgraded spotify version on desktop to 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e.Have lastest spotify version on tablet 4.0.0.800 Is anyone else not able to sync local files anymore from PC to android device? The tracks just show up greyed out under my playlsits wit...

• Casual Listener
  • Just upgraded spotify version on desktop to 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e. Have lastest spotify version on tablet 4.0.0.800   Is anyone else not able to sync local files anymore from PC to androi...
  • WTFUATSPOT
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline Downloaded Playlists Gone

I download my playlist and they are playing fine but by the end of the day I go on the app like usual and all my downloaded playlists are gone.I uninstall my app. They do work for a while after that but the memory that took up the last time I downloa...

• I download my playlist and they are playing fine but by the end of the day I go on the app like usual and all my downloaded playlists are gone. I uninstall my app. They do work for a while after tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade stops playback

When playing a single track (such as the last song of a playlist) the playback stops before the song has finished. The problem is directly related to the crossfade as turning it off eradicates the problem. In the same way setting the crossfade slider...

• When playing a single track (such as the last song of a playlist) the playback stops before the song has finished. The problem is directly related to the crossfade as turning it off eradicates the pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android 4.2.2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New update

Since I installed the new update (5/10) spotify wont work..When I start spotify fit starts to load then the screen turns black and then it stops to wok and chrash.I have tried to reinstall the app 2 times but it does'nt work.. can u help me?

• Casual Listener
  • Since I installed the new update (5/10) spotify wont work.. When I start spotify fit starts to load then the screen turns black and then it stops to wok and chrash. I have tried to reinstall the ap...
  • Mawlinsamuelsso
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify android

It will only play one track at a time from my playlist have to manually make it move on to next sometimes it plays two but when third starts it stops I tried uninstallin reinstalling logging in and out numerous times but problem still exists and its ...

• Casual Listener
  • It will only play one track at a time from my playlist have to manually make it move on to next sometimes it plays two but when third starts it stops I tried uninstallin reinstalling logging in and o...
  • dloceanside-50
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast Queue

When using the Chromecast with Spotify through an Android phone with a free account, the songs in the queue are lost after a advertisements plays.

• When using the Chromecast with Spotify through an Android phone with a free account, the songs in the queue are lost after a advertisements plays.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not working after updating Huawei p7

Hi!Today I updated my Huawei p7 to the latest available system software version (P7-L10V100R001C00B621). The update seems to have caused an issue with Spotify (Premium), which isn't opening anymore. After opening the app the screen turns black and af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Today I updated my Huawei p7 to the latest available system software version (P7-L10V100R001C00B621).   The update seems to have caused an issue with Spotify (Premium), which isn't open...
  • tethor1
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Crash
    huawei
    p7
    Update
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes

An idea to improve spotify app

Are you accepting user ideas to get better? If you are , how can i contact with you in private?

• Are you accepting user ideas to get better? If you are , how can i contact with you in private?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes