Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly shuffling

I have Spotify premium, and even if I don't ask it to, Spotify will shuffle my playlists. I do use Connect over multiple devices, but I've turned off shuffle on all of them. Still, it plays albums out of order. Is this a known problem?

• Regular
  • I have Spotify premium, and even if I don't ask it to, Spotify will shuffle my playlists. I do use Connect over multiple devices, but I've turned off shuffle on all of them. Still, it plays albu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having trouble with Lock Screen controls

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5 with a premium account and while I can use the lock screen to change songs I can't use the lock screen to select specific points in the music. When I try and do so the timer just sits at the selected time unless I close t...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5 with a premium account and while I can use the lock screen to change songs I can't use the lock screen to select specific points in the music.   When I try and do ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't login

My account is fine on my computer but on my phone when I try to login it's take like 5 min then at the end it never works

• Visitor
  • My account is fine on my computer but on my phone when I try to login it's take like 5 min then at the end it never works
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stop Android app automatically downloading saved artists and albums

Hi All, So yesterday I decided to finally ditch all my local mp3's I have on my phone and switch fully to using Spotify. I spent about an hour on the desktop app adding all my albums to the my music section, following the individual artist and saving...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   So yesterday I decided to finally ditch all my local mp3's I have on my phone and switch fully to using Spotify.   I spent about an hour on the desktop app adding all my album...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music completely disappeared after new phone

I got a new phone today and after I logged into Spotify with my new phone, there was nothing saved, playlists nor music.

• Casual Listener
  • I got a new phone today and after I logged into Spotify with my new phone, there was nothing saved, playlists nor music.
  • Cespinosa1520
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads not playing

I know this complaint seems odd by the title, but for some reason the "watch this video to recieve 30 minutes of free music" ad will not play; it just shows a blank screen. As a result the app will completely lock me out of lstening to any music unti...

• I know this complaint seems odd by the title, but for some reason the "watch this video to recieve 30 minutes of free music" ad will not play; it just shows a blank screen. As a result the app will c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I try to reset my password but a page pops up saying Sorry your form has expired... I need help

When I try to reset my password,I get the email sent to me then I click the link type in what I want my new password to be but I press enter and it says Sorry Form has expired. What does that mean? Please help.

• When I try to reset my password,I get the email sent to me then I click the link type in what I want my new password to be but I press enter and it says Sorry Form has expired. What does that mean? P...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I log into my account even when I reset the password?

How come I can't log into my account I keep getting wrong username and password and I can't have any space in between the words which I didnt, I even reset my password, well I guess Pandora it is, not going to pay monthlyrics for something with so ma...

• How come I can't log into my account I keep getting wrong username and password and I can't have any space in between the words which I didnt, I even reset my password, well I guess Pandora it is, no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection when WiFi is working perfectly - Android Note 4

My wifiis running perfectly at my house yet Spotify is not letting me connect still. However, It lets me connect when I'm on 3G.I am using the most recent update of Spotify on Android 5.0.1 on a Samsung Note 4 I have tried re-installing it multiple t...

• My wifiis running perfectly at my house yet Spotify is not letting me connect still. However, It lets me connect when I'm on 3G. I am using the most recent update of Spotify on Android 5.0.1 on a Sa...
  • brnmndt
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes when using other apps

Hello, my Spotify App shuts down every time when I swith to another App, f.e. Whatsapp, Facebook, runtastic.The whole app closes itself after some seconds and I have to restart Spotify. When I am runnig Spotify on my smartphone and the app is open, n...

• Hello,   my Spotify App shuts down every time when I swith to another App, f.e. Whatsapp, Facebook, runtastic. The whole app closes itself after some seconds and I have to restart Spotif...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music appears not always to be downloded..? Also VERY slow to open playlist list??

music I have downloded to my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, marked as downloaded by song title, often appears to be NOT downloaded after all. Device starts downloading before it can play it. Why is this? If a song is not there, why is it marked as download...

• Community Legend
  • music I have downloded to my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, marked as downloaded by song title, often appears to be NOT downloaded after all. Device starts downloading before it can play it. Why is this? I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloaded
    Offline listening
    slow
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not possible to swipe songs anymore

I've installed my Nexus 7 (2012) in the dashboard of my car. I really like to use spotify there but after an update the swipe function doesn't work anymore. So before I had this problem i could switch a song easily by using my finger swiping over the...

• I've installed my Nexus 7 (2012) in the dashboard of my car. I really like to use spotify there but after an update the swipe function doesn't work anymore. So before I had this problem i could switc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App problem on Galaxy S6

I noticed a problem with the app on my S6. Practically when the smartphone will lock screen you no longer can change the song using the keys of the earphones. Only with screen on I can browse songs. Loudness always works. What can I do?

• I noticed a problem with the app on my S6. Practically when the smartphone will lock screen you no longer can change the song using the keys of the earphones. Only with screen on I can browse so...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Payment not accepted

Hello! I m in big trouble... I ve always payed my spotify premium with Postepay and now spotify keeps telling me tha my payment is not accepted... why..?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I m in big trouble... I ve always payed my spotify premium with Postepay and now spotify keeps telling me tha my payment is not accepted... why..?
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

locked out of my account

I got a new phone and I downloaded spotify and I can't get into my account. I have attempted to change my password several times and still can't get in. What do I do?

• I got a new phone and I downloaded spotify and I can't get into my account. I have attempted to change my password several times and still can't get in. What do I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new phone wont load local files

Just got a new phone after the old one broke, so when i installed spotify everything seemed to work perfectly, but now It wont load over local files, i checked the support page on android phones, I haven't used up the 3333 song limit, there is well o...

• Casual Listener
  • Just got a new phone after the old one broke, so when i installed spotify everything seemed to work perfectly, but now It wont load over local files, i checked the support page on android phones, I h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Zenfone 5 Lock screen without Artist Wallpaper

Hello...I have a Zenfone 5 with Lollipop (5.0) and the artist wallpaper in the lock screen doesn't work for me... My girlfriend have a "Motorola Moto X 2" and it works... My phone:My girlfriend's phone: Somebody can help me?Thanks...

Screenshot_2015-08-24-18-03-19.jpg IMG-20150824-WA0010.jpg IMG-20150824-WA0009.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hello... I have a Zenfone 5 with Lollipop (5.0) and the artist wallpaper in the lock screen doesn't work for me... My girlfriend have a "Motorola Moto X 2" and it works...   My phone: ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Lollipop
    zenfone 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I use my account at the same time on multiple devices?

Hey, Can I use my spotify account on different devices at the same time? For example - I'm playing one song on my laptop but then I go to another room and turn another song on my mobile, then turn a third song or playlist on my tablet? Or run differe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   Can I use my spotify account on different devices at the same time? For example - I'm playing one song on my laptop but then I go to another room and turn another song on my mobile, the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Android
    Desktop
    devices
    laptop
    tablet
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android randomly shuffles or repeats after unpausing

Just noticed this a couple weeks ago. I'll be listening to an album straight through. If I pause and then wish to restart, it starts shuffling within the same artist, even though shuffle has not been selected. Then, when I manually select the song wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Just noticed this a couple weeks ago. I'll be listening to an album straight through. If I pause and then wish to restart, it starts shuffling within the same artist, even though shuffle has not been...
  • duff735
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost account with my credit card

I made a account with a whatever email now I can't remember and I'm afraid it'll keep charging me please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I made a account with a whatever email now I can't remember and I'm afraid it'll keep charging me please help!
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes