Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Covers not appear in the now playing screen

Why do some songs that belong to my local files do not appear to cover the screen of "Now Playing" in the Android application?

• Visitor
  • Why do some songs that belong to my local files do not appear to cover the screen of "Now Playing" in the Android application?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All of a sudden, no volume control with Premium on my Android (Galaxy S5)!

Logged in to Spotify today (Premium account) on my Samsung Galaxy S5, but I cannot find the volume control. Please help.

• Regular
  • Logged in to Spotify today (Premium account) on my Samsung Galaxy S5, but I cannot find the volume control.  Please help.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

suggested tracks on Android spotify

Hi I'm using Spotify on my Android Phone. When I select one of my playlists ( 30 songs or more) Spotify plays 5 songs or so and then only suggested songs and is impossible to return to my playlist I can understand that Spotify will suggest some songs...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I'm using Spotify on my Android Phone. When I select one of my playlists ( 30 songs or more) Spotify plays 5 songs or so and then only suggested songs and is impossible to return to my ...
  • miss_igkas
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Best lockscreen to use ?

Hi ! I am seeking for a lockscreen to use with Spotify, that shows the controls and the album cover like iOS lockscreen. I used Echo Lockscreen but this app shows the cover 50% of the time. Can you give me any lockscreen? Thanks !

• Casual Listener
  • Hi ! I am seeking for a lockscreen to use with Spotify, that shows the controls and the album cover like iOS lockscreen. I used Echo Lockscreen but this app shows the cover 50% of the time. Can you g...
  • Thibaaud
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm using spotify (v 3.0.0.1124) on Android (HTC one m7) .I have a 4g connection but more and more often I'm stuck in the offline mode without the possibility to select "online" mode.how I can solve this problem?

• I'm using spotify (v 3.0.0.1124) on Android (HTC one m7) . I have a 4g connection but more and more often I'm stuck in the offline mode without the possibility to select "online" mode. how I can so...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't update to premium

I'm trying to put in my card info and it always says that something went wrong... I also tried to use PayPal and it said the same thing.

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to put in my card info and it always says that something went wrong... I also tried to use PayPal and it said the same thing.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

STOP!! Sending the Option to Synch My Phone with my Other Devices!! Please Give Us An Opt Out!!!

Every single time I use Spotify each and every day it gives me the option to synch my phone with my laptop and Kindle Fire. I do NOT want to do this!! I can handle Spotify just fine vis a vis my laptop, I do NOT need my phone for this. I tried synchi...

• Regular
  • Every single time I use Spotify each and every day it gives me the option to synch my phone with my laptop and Kindle Fire. I do NOT want to do this!! I can handle Spotify just fine vis a vis my lapt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • synching devices
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sign in trouble

When i try to sign in on my new phone, and iput in the correct username and password, it keeps telling me I am trying to sing in from a different country and wont let me sign in.I have cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and reset ...

• When i try to sign in on my new phone, and iput in the correct username and password, it keeps telling me I am trying to sing in from a different country and wont let me sign in. I have cleared the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playlists wont show up on phone

Hello! Since a few weeks back, my playlists have completely disappeared from my phone. And the only place to find them is on my computer, meaning they wont show up if I log on to another computer either. I believe it may have something to do with DU ...

• Hello! Since a few weeks back, my playlists have completely disappeared from my phone. And the only place to find them is on my computer, meaning they wont show up if I log on to another computer eit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music queue not shown

Hello, First of all I am a huge Spotify fan. I am a premium user for a couple of years. BUT sometimes .... I have that playingqueue problem. This is what I do: I go to my music and select a play listThen I press shuffleThe title of a previous played ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   First of all I am a huge Spotify fan. I am a premium user for a couple of years. BUT sometimes ....   I have that playingqueue problem. This is what I do:   I go to my m...
  • Knaks
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! Where is my Full screen album art! (Samsung galaxy s6 edge)

Hello, i've been wonder a long time after i saw a friends phone and he had this lock screen with the album on it, i have my defualt lock screen whenever i lock my screen, has anyone else experienced this? I have my player were i can play and next son...

• Hello, i've been wonder a long time after i saw a friends phone and he had this lock screen with the album on it, i have my defualt lock screen whenever i lock my screen, has anyone else experienced ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Wear support coming in June, but when?

Here is the official news : https://news.spotify.com/us/2015/05/28/spotify-arrives-to-android-wear/ We're getting close to end of June Just tell me it hasn't changed

• Here is the official news : https://news.spotify.com/us/2015/05/28/spotify-arrives-to-android-wear/   We're getting close to end of June 😮      Just tell me it hasn't c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC One M9 Album art on lock screen and music ID broadcast to bluetooth hangs

Hi,I'm experiencing an issue with the album art on lock screen and music id broadcast to bluetooth hanging/freezing. Music continues to play normally, and there is no jitter/low volume during these hangs. Normal operation resumes when I have force cl...

• Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with the album art on lock screen and music id broadcast to bluetooth hanging/freezing. Music continues to play normally, and there is no jitter/low volume during these...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Data usage through the roof on iPhone 4s

Hello there, Newbie speaking on the forum... I was a satisfied costumer of the Spotify-app since january 2014. I got a premium account, and every day I listened music on Spotify for about 30 minutes without Wifi, and I never went over my 1000 MB data...

• Hello there,   Newbie speaking on the forum... I was a satisfied costumer of the Spotify-app since january 2014. I got a premium account, and every day I listened music on Spotify for about 30...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Como desinceonizar la misma cuenta en diferentes moviles

Tengo una cuenta de Sotify Premium, esta cuenta la tengo abierta en mi móvil y en el de mi madre. El problema es que cuando ella escucha su música, sale en mi móvil y cuando to escucho la mia, le sale a ella mi música. Por este motivo no podemos escu...

• Tengo una cuenta de Sotify Premium, esta cuenta la tengo abierta en mi móvil y en el de mi madre. El problema es que cuando ella escucha su música, sale en mi móvil y cuando to escucho la mia, le sal...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I DON'T NEED RECENTLY PLAYED NOR DO I CARE ABOUT IT

Your app spends forever filling in this part of the UI that I don't want or care about. What I want to see is my downloaded (offline) playlists. PLEASE PUT THAT ON THE FRONT SCREEN AND MAKE RECENTLY PLAYED ONLY LOAD IF I ASK FOR IT. I want to be able...

• Roadie
  • Your app spends forever filling in this part of the UI that I don't want or care about.   What I want to see is my downloaded (offline) playlists. PLEASE PUT THAT ON THE FRONT SCREEN AND MAKE ...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Count offline plays for last.fm and most listened albums

Most of the time I play my music offline, I search for music online and download it to hear it later. But that makes my statistics useless unfortunately, both the ones last.fm counts and the Spotify statistics itself.So I'm wondering whether Spotify ...

• Music Fan
  • Most of the time I play my music offline, I search for music online and download it to hear it later. But that makes my statistics useless unfortunately, both the ones last.fm counts and the Spotify ...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Lock screen widget shows previous (outdated) track.

The background album cover image is updated though. Pressing power twice (display off then on) triggers an update and the display is correct again.

• Regular
  • The background album cover image is updated though. Pressing power twice (display off then on) triggers an update and the display is correct again.
  • duff89
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

new update - never ending loading green wheel

This needs to be fixed ASAP. You guys keep screwing up after every update and I'm paying for this service. Nothing loads and I'm starting to wonder why I keep paying for a service that always breaks.

• Gig Goer
  • This needs to be fixed ASAP. You guys keep screwing up after every update and I'm paying for this service. Nothing loads and I'm starting to wonder why I keep paying for a service that always breaks.
  • Pooptify
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Facebook activity not showing

I have tried everything. It showed up until the end of Febuary and now it no longer shows on my Facebook profile. I have checked the Facebook settings too. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 4.1

• I have tried everything. It showed up until the end of Febuary and now it no longer shows on my Facebook profile. I have checked the Facebook settings too. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 4.1
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes