Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will updating app on android delete my offline cache?

Sorry for the dumb question, but will my offline cache get deleted when I update on my android device? I have a premium account and updated the app a year or so ago and lost all of my offline cache. Very frustrating as I have limited access to high s...

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry for the dumb question, but will my offline cache get deleted when I update on my android device? I have a premium account and updated the app a year or so ago and lost all of my offline cache. ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! sound

I have uninstalled and reinstalled spotify i have turned off my phone took out the battery i have tried everything but my music is way too quite i can barley hear it all my other apps play at the volume i have set except this one plz HELP

• Regular
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled spotify i have turned off my phone took out the battery i have tried everything but my music is way too quite i can barley hear it all my other apps play at the vol...
  • girl4god74
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Play local files from Mac in my Android Phone Spotify

I want to play local files from mac in my android phone, but everytime I select a local song from my phone, it says "This song is not available". What should I do??? Thx

• Casual Listener
  • I want to play local files from mac in my android phone, but everytime I select a local song from my phone, it says "This song is not available". What should I do???   Thx
  • hmaesta
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download/synchronize downloaded playlists from pc to samsung s4 with usb-cable

Hi there,I'm looking for a way to download/synchronize downloaded playlists from pc to samsung s4 with usb-cable.Problem is that the s4 isn't added as device on the left side of the spotify app.There is no WLAN, thats the reason why I want to synchro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm looking for a way to download/synchronize downloaded playlists from pc to samsung s4 with usb-cable. Problem is that the s4 isn't added as device on the left side of the spotify app. ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I cant save more music in "your music"

I cant save more music in "your music"when i want to save a new album or track it disappears after as soon as i restart spotify. I have saved a lot of albums whitout truble but i fear that i have reached some kind of limmit? Im not downloading the al...

• Casual Listener
  • I cant save more music in "your music" when i want to save a new album or track it disappears after as soon as i restart spotify.  I have saved a lot of albums whitout truble but i fear th...
  • orangeapple
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify On Note 4

This post applies to both Note 2 and Note 4. The following are bugs I have encountered in both phones so far, I have app version 2.7.0.883. when jumping from one track to another, sometimes the next song starts and no audio is heard. this happens whe...

• Regular
  • This post applies to both Note 2 and Note 4. The following are bugs I have encountered in both phones so far, I have app version 2.7.0.883.   when jumping from one track to another, sometimes...
  • jtubalinal
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    KitKat
    Lollipop
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sony Xperia Tipo sd path?

Is there anyone who has the sd path to Sony Xperia Tipo?I am going crazy trying to make the spotify app save songs to my external sd card, but it just won't work. It seems as if the only solution is to get the correct SD path, but I can't seem to fin...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there anyone who has the sd path to Sony Xperia Tipo? I am going crazy trying to make the spotify app save songs to my external sd card, but it just won't work. It seems as if the only solution i...
  • rdolishny
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

random songs added to radio station

I'm having trouble with random songs being added to radio stations I created in the past since the update to lollipop. There are several songs that are appearing as being "thumbs up" that I never liked. Once these songs have had the "thumbs up" appli...

• I'm having trouble with random songs being added to radio stations I created in the past since the update to lollipop. There are several songs that are appearing as being "thumbs up" that I never lik...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify volume too quite

After the last update the volume inside Spotify is way too quite on my nexus 6. Its not the equalizer, its not my volume, and the volume is fine on any other app. Anyone else having this issue? I've cleared the cache and reinstalled with no fix.

• After the last update the volume inside Spotify is way too quite on my nexus 6. Its not the equalizer, its not my volume, and the volume is fine on any other app. Anyone else having this issue? I've ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[CRASHING] Spotify crashes after switching lollipop user account.

Spotify crashes when I open the application after I switch my operating system user account on android lollipop 5.0.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. My main accout is logged in my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, my main user account on the tab has the spo...

• Casual Listener
  •  Spotify crashes when I open the application after I switch my operating system user account on android lollipop 5.0.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. My main accout is logged in my Sams...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

A love letter

Dearest Spotify, We've been together a few years now. It's been a wonderful couple of years, and overall I've enjoyed it. We've spent a lot of time together, many long days and nights and many long trips, and I'll admit you sing much better than me i...

• Community Legend
  • Dearest Spotify,   We've been together a few years now. It's been a wonderful couple of years, and overall I've enjoyed it. We've spent a lot of time together, many long days and nights and ma...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Spotify Features....

Won't be on Android for a few weeks looks like. Wouldn't be surprised if it's longer.In other news MixRadio managed to release a brand new app to both Android and IOS the same day. Rdio also introduced a new pricing plan to both IOS and Android the s...

• Roadie
  • Won't be on Android for a few weeks looks like. Wouldn't be surprised if it's longer. In other news MixRadio managed to release a brand new app to both Android and IOS the same day. Rdio also intr...
  • metzlerr
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Son qui saute/bug

Salut à tousSur les musiques en streaming et en hors ligne de temps en temps le son bug et grésilleComment corriger sa ?HelloOn the music in streaming and offline from sometime the sound bug and sizzlesHow to correct his? (Google traduction)

• Salut à tous Sur les musiques en streaming et en hors ligne de temps en temps le son bug et grésille Comment corriger sa ? Hello On the music in streaming and offline from sometime the sound bug ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

save the Spotify Premium Music on SD-Card?

Hello everyone!I changed from the galaxy s4 to s5. With the s4, i was able to save the music on the sd-card. But now it doesnt work anymore. hope anyone can help me because my phone storage is always full..

• Hello everyone! I changed from the galaxy s4 to s5. With the s4, i was able to save the music on the sd-card. But now it doesnt work anymore. 😕 hope anyone can help me because my phone storage is a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Flashing mood images

When i browse the playlists in any "genres & Moods" topic, when scrolled completely to the bottom, the images are starting to flash/roll.See also https://cyberbunker.nl/index.php/s/gPntlJDpPUYCQvz for more explanation. An other is than when a select ...

• Regular
  • When i browse the playlists in any "genres & Moods" topic, when scrolled completely to the bottom, the images are starting to flash/roll. See also https://cyberbunker.nl/index.php/s/gPntlJD...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm suppose to be premium and yall r suppose to bill my sprint accouny

I have emailed yall many times to no avail about yall billing my sprint account to be premium. Talked to sprint and they said contact yall cause it shows it in my bill...but it says payment failed on the app...I suppose to have 6 months free and then...

• Casual Listener
  • I have emailed yall many times to no avail about yall billing my sprint account to be premium. Talked to sprint and they said contact yall cause it shows it in my bill...but it says payment failed on...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app should show song information

I wish there was a way to show song information such as the song's release date and other meta data on the Android app of spotify. Please Kudos this request!

• Casual Listener
  • I wish there was a way to show song information such as the song's release date and other meta data on the Android app of spotify. Please Kudos this request!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify remain in offline mode! HELP!!

Hi guys, My spotify remains in offline mode despite all my attempts.I have logged out and re logged in, re-installed the Android App, and checked my internet connexion (which is working), but the App on my Samsung S5 remain in offline mode. Any idea ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   My spotify remains in offline mode despite all my attempts. I have logged out and re logged in, re-installed the Android App, and checked my internet connexion (which is working), ...
  • badboud
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Send Button grayed out

Hello I have tried searching for this but I can't find any threads on this subject. My issue is when I try to send a track to any of my friends on Spotify via my mobile app the send button is grayed out. It was fine until the latest update. I'm using...

• Visitor
  • Hello    I have tried searching for this but I can't find any threads on this subject. My issue is when I try to send a track to any of my friends on Spotify via my mobile app the send ...
  • Pilaw
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Low volume

I recently purchased the 6 edge. When I play Spotify the maximum volume is very low. As soon as I play somthing off of youtube or Pandora the volume is fine. I have made sure the equalizer is flat and the volume limiter in Spotify is all the way up. ...

• I recently purchased the 6 edge. When I play Spotify the maximum volume is very low. As soon as I play somthing off of youtube or Pandora the volume is fine. I have made sure the equalizer is flat an...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes