Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I know I should just be quiet, but curiosity killed the cat!

I have the Spotify free version and I haven't heard any ads for a few days. Is that part of the issue they're having? I know I should just enjoy it but it's tripping me out.

• Casual Listener
  • I have the Spotify free version and I haven't heard any ads for a few days. Is that part of the issue they're having? I know I should just enjoy it but it's tripping me out.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

premium

Paying for premium but only have access to free,Second time this month it's happened, erased and redownloaded app no luck, and no response from spotify!!!

• Paying for premium but only have access to free, Second time this month it's happened, erased and redownloaded app no luck, and no response from spotify!!!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • upset
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

alphanumeric order in android version is different from order in desktop version

If I sort a playlist by song title on the desktop version, and I sort the same playlist by song title on the android version, the resulting order is not exactly the same on both. For example, it seems that special characters, like parentheses and the...

• Casual Listener
  • If I sort a playlist by song title on the desktop version, and I sort the same playlist by song title on the android version, the resulting order is not exactly the same on both. For example, it seem...
  • str876
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

TRUE shuffle play

I would like to know if there's a way of enabling TRUE shuffle play in Spotify. Whether it's on Android, Windows or Blackberry, if you enable random play, Spotify will ALWAYS play the most listened songs in your playlist, rather than selecting any ra...

• I would like to know if there's a way of enabling TRUE shuffle play in Spotify. Whether it's on Android, Windows or Blackberry, if you enable random play, Spotify will ALWAYS play the most liste...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gapless playback

The Allow Gapless Playback option is not saving on the Android app. Every time I re-open Spotify the setting is disabled.

• Visitor
  • The Allow Gapless Playback option is not saving on the Android app.   Every time I re-open Spotify the setting is disabled.
  • fromthe901
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect for Computers does not work properly with HTC One.

I have the latest versions of Spotify on my HTC One and my Dell laptop. However, if I switch from my laptop to my phone, it won't work again on my laptop - i.e. it won't switch back to the laptop. It says it is playing on the phone and when I go to t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the latest versions of Spotify on my HTC One and my Dell laptop.  However, if I switch from my laptop to my phone, it won't work again on my laptop - i.e. it won't switch back to the lapt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

customizing playlists

How do I customize a playlist and moves tracks around to play in the order I want them to play in?

• How do I customize a playlist and moves tracks around to play in the order I want them to play in?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to have a playlist available offline on one device and not a second?

Pretty much all in the title.I have a second andriod device I'd like to use to store offline playlists, however I would like to keep spotify on my main android device and laptop but without the offline playlists saved to the HDD.Just wondering if it'...

• Pretty much all in the title. I have a second andriod device I'd like to use to store offline playlists, however I would like to keep spotify on my main android device and laptop but without the off...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Premium Account get hacked

Hello, my Account was hacked by another user. What can i do against this?

• Hello,   my Account was hacked by another user. What can i do against this?  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

re premimum

HiI did spotify premium thinking it was a free trial for a month but it said it would take payment for this month so I cancelled it about 30 seconds after starting it but still have premium features. Does this mean the 9.99 will be taken from my acco...

• Regular
  • Hi I did spotify premium thinking it was a free trial for a month but it said it would take payment for this month so I cancelled it about 30 seconds after starting it but still have premium feature...
  • matty1610
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Saving to an SD card

I need help getting my spotify music to sync to my SD card instead of my phone's internal storage. I have tried doing a clean reinstallation of the app like spotify suggests and even setting the downloaded music quality to extreme like I've seen sugg...

• I need help getting my spotify music to sync to my SD card instead of my phone's internal storage. I have tried doing a clean reinstallation of the app like spotify suggests and even setting the down...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

app error.

The app is in free Mode and i can only play shuffle. When i try to cancel shuffle or make the app work in offline mode, the app wants me to subscribe for premium membership which i allready have. This is also stated in account settings. I have tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • The app is in free Mode and i can only play shuffle. When i try to cancel shuffle or make the app work in offline mode, the app wants me to subscribe for premium membership which i allready have. Thi...
  • DrTop
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded offline playlists dissapears after a few hours

I just installed spotify yesterday and I created an offline playlist of about 100 songs. Everything synced great. On my way back home I open up my spotify and see that all my downloaded offline playlists are no longer available offline.... what happe...

• I just installed spotify yesterday and I created an offline playlist of about 100 songs. Everything synced great. On my way back home I open up my spotify and see that all my downloaded offline playl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs constantly stopping on Galaxy Note 4

Songs are constantly stopping mid track. I have cleared the cache, deleted the android\data\com.spotify.music folder, have resinstalled the app multiple times, no luck. I am a premium member. I am the only person who uses the account, and I am not us...

• Regular
  • Songs are constantly stopping mid track. I have cleared the cache, deleted the android\data\com.spotify.music folder, have resinstalled the app multiple times, no luck. I am a premium membe...
  • mrothstein
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Over use of mobile connection while "synchronization using mobile" was off

Hello,I have got a Spotify premium account and i use my mobile to listen to music anywhere.I thought i had desactivated the option Synchronization using mobile network ("Synchro via mobile" in french). I thought whenever that option is desactivated a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have got a Spotify premium account and i use my mobile to listen to music anywhere. I thought i had desactivated the option Synchronization using mobile network ("Synchro via mobile" in ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artwork as lock screen wallpaper

Good evening, I'm getting this bug with spotify. When music plays and close the spotify from the lock screen (X button on the right ), locks' screen wallpaper changes to the last songs' artwork. Tried to close the app but it's still there. Phone need...

• Music Fan
  • Good evening,   I'm getting this bug with spotify.   When music plays and close the spotify from the lock screen (X button on the right ), locks' screen wallpaper changes to the last so...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please fix the search bar on Android

Hello, I am very satisfied with Spotify (premium) and it works amazing on my PC. But on my Samsung Galaxy S5, the search function is very rarely if ever working. Which completely stops me from listening to music I'd like to listen to, which sucks esp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am very satisfied with Spotify (premium) and it works amazing on my PC. But on my Samsung Galaxy S5, the search function is very rarely if ever working. Which completely stops me from listen...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto play playlist

Is there any way right not to create a shortcut to auto play a playlist ? This is a feature present in most other players. * My usecase is simple: when I enter my car, I either want to press a button and to start play the playlist or, better, launch ...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any way right not to create a shortcut to auto play a playlist ? This is a feature present in most other players.   * My usecase is simple: when I enter my car, I either want to press...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify free

Ich habe eine Email an Spotify geschickt. Ist mein kostenloses Premium Abo jetzt gekündigt und mein Konto gelöscht?

• Ich habe eine Email an Spotify geschickt. Ist mein kostenloses Premium Abo jetzt gekündigt und mein Konto gelöscht?
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes