Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't Stream on anything other than wifi (telstra aus, using ipv4 apns)

As stated above, spotify will only stream on a wifi network, wont recognise my data connection (4g) I have a Galaxy S5 and am with the telstra network in Aus. I Have done lots of searching and have tried many other options (Uninstall, reinstall, wipe...

• Casual Listener
  • As stated above, spotify will only stream on a wifi network, wont recognise my data connection (4g) I have a Galaxy S5 and am with the telstra network in Aus. I Have done lots of searching and have t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Terrible sound quality on asus zenfone 4

I have a Asus Zenfone 4 running spotify premium and it has terrible sound quality. I can tell the difference because spotify on my laptop sounds great. I am wondering what is causing this. I am pretty sure it is only a spotify issue. Any advice?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Asus Zenfone 4 running spotify premium and it has terrible sound quality. I can tell the difference because spotify on my laptop sounds great. I am wondering what is causing this. I am prett...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Nexus 5 Home Screen Widget GONE w/ Android Lollipop 5.1

I've seen posts about people not seeing the lock screen widget, but after a new install with Android 5.1 on my Nexus 5, going into my widgets for my homescreen, the Spotify widget is not in sight. I have uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled thinking t...

• Music Fan
  • I've seen posts about people not seeing the lock screen widget, but after a new install with Android 5.1 on my Nexus 5, going into my widgets for my homescreen, the Spotify widget is not in sight. I ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in on my phone shows no songs, and it keeps giving a Facebook pop-up

Hey guys,I recently bought a brand new OnePlus One, and when I log into my Spotify account, I first get a pop-up asking who on Facebook may see the posts Spotify wants to make. I dismiss it, go to settings and turn off the Facebook connection. The po...

• Regular
  • Hey guys, I recently bought a brand new OnePlus One, and when I log into my Spotify account, I first get a pop-up asking who on Facebook may see the posts Spotify wants to make. I dismiss it, go t...
  • Flamecrest
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • mobile app
    no songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.3.0)

What's new in this version (2.3.0) New: We've made it easier to view longer items in the menus. Fictitious: This app comes in fifty shades of green.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.3.0)   New: We've made it easier to view longer items in the menus. Fictitious: This app comes in fifty shades of green.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM PLAN

I updated my plan to premium...unfortunatly i had been the victum of a hacking ..or attempted.. hack !!...and i am having a problem with my log in.. and recovery.. of the account..how do i do this and keep everything ...please help

• Casual Listener
  • I updated my plan to premium...unfortunatly i had been the victum of a hacking ..or attempted.. hack !!...and i am having a problem with my log in.. and recovery.. of the account..how do i do this an...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify things forever then freezes phone

DescriptionMy spotify keeps staling when trying to get to playlists or play music. Freezes phone in sleep mode when I unplug headphones, overall unable to use the app. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?Sign on to Spotify, then sel...

• Description My spotify keeps staling when trying to get to playlists or play music. Freezes phone in sleep mode when I unplug headphones, overall unable to use the app.   What are the steps ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to recover my playlist? (not deleted)

Hi everyone, I want to get my spotify playlists from my account but I can no longer access it since I move to spotify free how can i get that please help!!!

• Hi everyone, I want to get my spotify playlists from my account but I can no longer access it since I move to spotify free how can i get that please help!!! 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! disappearing play lists

I have tried what spotify suggested to make this situation right but it does not work. I am also paying for premium and not getting that either, I've previously asked for help but I've had no help or response and i'm very dissatisfied and upset.

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried what spotify suggested to make this situation right but it does not work. I am also paying for premium and not getting that either, I've previously asked for help but I've had no help or...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

no longer premiumuser since update

I'm no longer a premiumuser since the latest spotify update although I pay for the premiumservice! I logged me out and im several times but it didn't worked! Anyone can help?

• I'm no longer a premiumuser since the latest spotify update although I pay for the premiumservice! I logged me out and im several times but it didn't worked! Anyone can help?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Need more idea for Android Wear app.

Hi everyone, We have developed Android Wear app, which supports playing/starting Spotify playlists. We would love to have everyone's opinion on what other features to add (related to Spotify Playlists only) ?Right now, app supports following- listing...

• Hi everyone,    We have developed Android Wear app, which supports playing/starting Spotify playlists.  We would love to have everyone's opinion on what other features to ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    android wear
    watch
    wear
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song appearing in playlist on cell phone

I have a problem. I've added a song from my local files to a playlist so I can listen to it from my phone. The song gets added, but it's the wrong version of the song and the version my cell phone keeps adding is one that's available on Spotify and n...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem.   I've added a song from my local files to a playlist so I can listen to it from my phone. The song gets added, but it's the wrong version of the song and the version my cell...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

new to spotify and I'm not happy

I am somehwat new to spotify (Canada) and see that a few years later, this is still an issue. I have had premium for a few months and have built some playlists. for the most part, it's been great. what I've noticed though, is that when I remove a son...

• Visitor
  • I am somehwat new to spotify (Canada) and see that a few years later, this is still an issue.  I have had premium for a few months and have built some playlists.  for the most part, it's be...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't sync local files to android anymore

Hi,I can't sync my local files to my android phone on Spotify anymore. Before the update, there was that "Devices" thingy where you could sync songs, but not anymore. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I can't sync my local files to my android phone on Spotify anymore. Before the update, there was that "Devices" thingy where you could sync songs, but not anymore. Any help?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't send media information when in background

When I have my Sony Xperia Z2 connected to my car and play Spotify over the Bluetooth connection I noticed how Spotify won't send/update the media information (artist, album, title) seen on the screen in my car when the Spotify app is in the backgrou...

• When I have my Sony Xperia Z2 connected to my car and play Spotify over the Bluetooth connection I noticed how Spotify won't send/update the media information (artist, album, title) seen on the scree...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps crashing on cyanogenmod 11.

I've downloaded the newest verion of spotify and every time I open it and try to log in it crashes and the phone reboots. Any help?

• I've downloaded the newest verion of spotify and every time I open it and try to log in it crashes and the phone reboots. Any help?
  • marcobaudo
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook activity

I activated the Facebook in My configutation andar now I can'y deactivated. The application send flashing like if restart the Facebook connection.

• I activated the Facebook in My configutation andar now I can'y deactivated. The application send flashing like if restart the Facebook connection.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Android shows title for topmost Next Tracks item instead of current playing song from Queue

When the Android client has connected to Spotify on OS X via Connect, the song that is being displayed on the Android client is the topmost of the Next Tracks list rather than the current song from the Queue.

• When the Android client has connected to Spotify on OS X via Connect, the song that is being displayed on the Android client is the topmost of the Next Tracks list rather than the current song from t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify logs out

So recently I had to change my password cause I had forgotten it, before then I had no issues with my account, after I changed my password i went to log into the app and it immediately logged me out, and has kept doing so. The only time it doesnt log...

• Regular
  • So recently I had to change my password cause I had forgotten it, before then I had no issues with my account, after I changed my password i went to log into the app and it immediately logged me out,...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs under "Your Music" Offline Availability on Android phone

How does one sync Songs under "Your Music" to your Android phone. Unlike "Starred" and other playlists there is not a button to move to indicate you want it avialble offline. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • How does one sync Songs under "Your Music" to your Android phone.  Unlike "Starred" and other playlists there is not a button to move to indicate you want it avialble offline.    Tha...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes