Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! shuffle won't shut off

I can't get shuffle to shut off on android note 3. Please help. Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get shuffle to shut off on android note 3. Please help. Thank you! 🙂
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! deleted cached data now can't login

I deleted the chached data to make room on my phone, but now no matter how many times I reinstall the all or change my password I cannot login to the app, even though I am logged in on the web for my account details.

• Casual Listener
  • I deleted the chached data to make room on my phone, but now no matter how many times I reinstall the all or change my password I cannot login to the app, even though I am logged in on the web for my...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify streaming 320 kbps on 0.5 Mbps

Will it work without problems on 320 kbps on Android? I mean, because my main operator 21 Mbps, it is 250 kbps at peak time, max, 2,1 Mbps. And price is 15 €. This speed is 5,90 € Unlimited, so maybe I should get this instead? I never use my phone fo...

0.5M
  • Visitor
  • Will it work without problems on 320 kbps on Android?     I mean, because my main operator 21 Mbps, it is 250 kbps at peak time, max, 2,1 Mbps. And price is 15 €.   This...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about spotify app...

Good afternoon!I have a mobile phone with android 2.2 froyo!I can not install the latest version of spotify app.I have an old application that works on my phone, but I can not listen to music for free, as is advertised on spotify site!What can I do t...

• Visitor
  • Good afternoon! I have a mobile phone with android 2.2 froyo! I can not install the latest version of spotify app. I have an old application that works on my phone, but I can not listen to music f...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify + Vodafone problem

Hi, i've recently renewned my subscription through Vodafone Italia with an option they creates to have Spotify Premium on your Smartphone, well, to cut it shortly, i have paid money as the offer said but my account is still the FREE ONE, i've tried t...

• Regular
  • Hi, i've recently renewned my subscription through Vodafone Italia with an option they creates to have Spotify Premium on your Smartphone, well, to cut it shortly, i have paid money as the offer said...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says theres no space left to download songs.What do I do?

Every time I go in it says theres no space left.I dont have the maximum amount downloaded.So what can I do??

• Every time I go in it says theres no space left.I dont have the maximum amount downloaded.So what can I do??
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with my premium

Hi friends, im from argentina. I have purchased premium today, i have downloades 500 songs today, the problem is that after i have left my android phone for 2 hours the spotify app asked me to log in again. After i have done that it was loged as free...

• Hi friends, im from argentina. I have purchased premium today, i have downloades 500 songs today, the problem is that after i have left my android phone for 2 hours the spotify app asked me to log in...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC One M8 crashes and skips

I have an HTC M8 i am a premium spotify member. Ever since i've had spotify ive had minor issues here and there which didnt bother me at first but these minor issues have gotten worse. I have the latest version of spootify currently and my phone is c...

• Regular
  • I have an HTC M8 i am a premium spotify member. Ever since i've had spotify ive had minor issues here and there which didnt bother me at first but these minor issues have gotten worse. I have the lat...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Song displayed when phone locked lags behind what's actually playing

I am listening to radio. I press the power button on my android (Nexus 5) to make the screen go black. Then I press it again, and it full-screen is artwork for a song. But it's not the song that's currently playing----it's the song that already finis...

• Regular
  • I am listening to radio. I press the power button on my android (Nexus 5) to make the screen go black. Then I press it again, and it full-screen is artwork for a song. But it's not the song that's cu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle all songs repeat

When I go to songs and select shuffle all it just shuffles through like 10 songs over and over and doesn't actually select random songs, any solutions?

• When I go to songs and select shuffle all it just shuffles through like 10 songs over and over and doesn't actually select random songs, any solutions?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I as a premium member download any songs/playlists onto my phone for offline listening?

I have Spotify Premium, but for the past couple weeks everytime I've tried to download songs for offline listening on my Galaxy S5 I've received the message: "SYNCING ERROR: Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space left on this device." despit...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify Premium, but for the past couple weeks everytime I've tried to download songs for offline listening on my Galaxy S5 I've received the message:    "SYNCING ERROR: Offline sy...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work..

I just renewed my premium subscription I had canceled it and was using the free version and now it won't work.. I restarted my phone and deleted the app and redownloaded it.. Also spotify already took my money out which blows... Any help?

• I just renewed my premium subscription I had canceled it and was using the free version and now it won't work.. I restarted my phone and deleted the app and redownloaded it.. Also spotify already too...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Got the Premium, can't make playlists available offline

I just signed up for the premium and have my 1st month free. But it will not let me make my playlists available offline or sync my android cell with it. I want to be able to listen without having to be connected to the internet. I also signed out of ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just signed up for the premium and have my 1st month free.  But it will not let me make my playlists available offline or sync my android cell with it.  I want to be able to listen withou...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Sony Xperia Z, makes the volume go down and up, pausing music

Hi! Im having a delicate problem when using spotify.When i use the application i usually uses a headset and not just headphones.During the usage of the Spotify app my phones goes bonkers.Changes the volume from highest too lowest and vice versa.Pause...

• Hi! Im having a delicate problem when using spotify. When i use the application i usually uses a headset and not just headphones. During the usage of the Spotify app my phones goes bonkers. Chan...
  • OgulcanGngr
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Imported local files are playing different vesion of the song

I performed the procedure to import my MP3 from the PC to the phone, but in the phone some of these songs are playing different versions of the imported one.For example, I imported the song Highway to Hell by AC/DC. When I play on the PC, the song is...

• I performed the procedure to import my MP3 from the PC to the phone, but in the phone some of these songs are playing different versions of the imported one. For example, I imported the song Hi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • different artist
    local files
    wrong version
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

premium bugs!

I'm now experiencing a bug where my screen appears white and get the loading sign come up intermittently. Guys what's going on!? I shouldn't be getting this on a premium sub.

• I'm now experiencing a bug where my screen appears white and get the loading sign come up intermittently. Guys what's going on!? I shouldn't be getting this on a premium sub.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files are muted

Description My local files most of the time aren't producing sound, though Spotify seems to be attempting to play them as the slider progresses along the song normally. What seems weird about the issue to me is that some songs will play once, then be...

• Description My local files most of the time aren't producing sound, though Spotify seems to be attempting to play them as the slider progresses along the song normally. What seems weird a...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • HTC One m8
    local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Use data in offline mode

Hey, I recently upgraded to premium and always turn on offline mode when I'm away from home. If I leave offline mode off and only play downloaded playlists will I use mobile data? I have sync via cellular data off btw

• Visitor
  • Hey, I recently upgraded to premium and always turn on offline mode when I'm away from home. If I leave offline mode off and only play downloaded playlists will I use mobile data? I have sync via cel...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play files from CD

When I got my new Galaxy in January, I already had Spotify Premium and everything worked fine on my laptop and my old iPod. However, once I switched to using my Galaxy, I could no longer play the songs in my playlists that were local files on my lapt...

• When I got my new Galaxy in January, I already had Spotify Premium and everything worked fine on my laptop and my old iPod. However, once I switched to using my Galaxy, I could no longer play the son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes