Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify notification on Android phone not readable

Hi, Spotify notification on Android phone in portrait mode is not entirely readable. Should be split on 2 lines. I am on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2

• Community Legend
  • Hi, Spotify notification on Android phone in portrait mode is not entirely readable. Should be split on 2 lines. I am on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.4.2
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app unregisters media button receiver after a while.

While playing music the media buttons on my headset works great. But if I pause and wait too long the previous media app I've used starts responding to media key presses instead of the the last active one, Spotify, as is expected. As far as I can tel...

• Regular
  • While playing music the media buttons on my headset works great. But if I pause and wait too long the previous media app I've used starts responding to media key presses instead of the the last activ...
  • appel_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Music is getting stopped. Android 4.4.2

Hey. I have a problem with Spotify android app. I have the premium account out there, but every song is getting stopped after ~30 seconds. It happens everytime, and yes, I tried to reinstall app. Please help me, cause i cannot sleep without my sleep ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. I have a problem with Spotify android app. I have the premium account out there, but every song is getting stopped after ~30 seconds. It happens everytime, and yes, I tried to reinstall app. Ple...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't respond after I click the play button

Description Not expecting trouble, I want to tune in some music (via 4G, not wifi). So I grab my phone, open Spotify, click play. The song plays for about 30 seconds, and then it stops. The progress bar (or what it's called) is at 0s. So I click play...

• Visitor
  • Description Not expecting trouble, I want to tune in some music (via 4G, not wifi). So I grab my phone, open Spotify, click play. The song plays for about 30 seconds, and then it stops. The progres...
  • plankton
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

tmobile htc one m8 not working on 4g lte?

if i wana use spotify outside i have to put my phone on 4g, if it is set to 4g lte it says im not online?

• if i wana use spotify outside i have to put my phone on 4g, if it is set to 4g lte it says im not online? 
  • Upset
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) not recognizing data connection

Continual "you're offline" error although phone is connected to data. Have already re-installed app twice but will only function over a wi-fi connection. Is there anything I can do besides upgrade my phone?

• Casual Listener
  • Continual "you're offline" error although phone is connected to data.  Have already re-installed app twice but will only function over a wi-fi connection. Is there anything I can do besides upgr...
  • Upset
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Any word on HTC M8 fixes?

So I'm aware of T-Mobile doing something about their network that has made it so Spotify can't go online on HTC M8 phones. Has Spotify given any word to future fixes coming? I know you can do something about changing something, but I have no idea how...

• Regular
  • So I'm aware of T-Mobile doing something about their network that has made it so Spotify can't go online on HTC M8 phones. Has Spotify given any word to future fixes coming? I know you can do somethi...
  • Upset
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Self Service | Device Management

How do you make it so that my cellphone doesn't open Spotify while I am streaming on my work computer. It is draining my phone battery and my data. I do not need it to open on my cellphone sitting next to me while I am listening on my computer... Ple...

• How do you make it so that my cellphone doesn't open Spotify while I am streaming on my work computer. It is draining my phone battery and my data. I do not need it to open on my cellphone sitting ne...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes on phone while playing via Connect

The Spotify app on my phone is closing down after playing a few songs via Connect. It works great to begin with, but exits after playing for some time. I have to re-open the app to regain control via the widget or the lockscreen control. I've just ch...

• Music Fan
  • The Spotify app on my phone is closing down after playing a few songs via Connect. It works great to begin with, but exits after playing for some time.   I have to re-open the app to re...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android 4.4.4+]Cache to external SD card, is it possible? and if so how?

I am on a Samsun Galaxy Note 4 with Kit Kat 4.4.4. I am tryin to see how i can get my cache to go to my 32G sd card vs the phones internal memory?

• Regular
  • I am on a Samsun Galaxy Note 4 with Kit Kat 4.4.4.  I am tryin to see how i can get my cache to go to my 32G sd card vs the phones internal memory?  
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist count limit for use with Ford SYNC Applink?

I have a 2014 Ford F150 and have SYNC applink set up with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy Note II. For some reason, there seems to be a limit to the playlists I can use voice to switch to (seems like 35 is the limit) Is this a hard limit, or a bug in th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 2014 Ford F150 and have SYNC applink set up with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy Note II.   For some reason, there seems to be a limit to the playlists I can use voice to switch to (se...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

2G/3G syncing

I have an LG-D415 and I can't find how to turn on my syncing to download music onto my phone.

• I have an LG-D415 and I can't find how to turn on my syncing to download music onto my phone.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Available offline button missing on public playlists

So i just downloaded the app and subscribed to premium. But playlists like "todays top hits" dont have the available offline button next to shuffle play button. I have poked at a single song settings in such playlist, choosed save and the song got ad...

• So i just downloaded the app and subscribed to premium. But playlists like "todays top hits" dont have the available offline button next to shuffle play button. I have poked at a single song settings...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Buttons not responsive, playlist being undownloaded

I left a review about this and got redirected to post about it here. Spotify has been great up until pretty recently (would've been since the last update or two). What I'll notice is that while I'm listening to a playlist, the music will just stop. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I left a review about this and got redirected to post about it here. Spotify has been great up until pretty recently (would've been since the last update or two).   What I'll notice is ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded song playing but no sound and no album picture

I have been having this issue for a week. I have downloaded some of my playlists. The first playlist I downloaded seems to be working fine. But some songs of the other lists showing no album pic and no sound while some of the songs playing without pr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having this issue for a week. I have downloaded some of my playlists. The first playlist I downloaded seems to be working fine. But some songs of the other lists showing no album pic and ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't respond, then stops playback and disconnects

Hi,Today, as I was heading back home, I wanted to play some music from a playlist. After I hit the "Shuffle all" button, the app stopped responding to any touches (even if I see visual feedback of these touches) and the track stopped after a few seco...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi, Today, as I was heading back home, I wanted to play some music from a playlist. After I hit the "Shuffle all" button, the app stopped responding to any touches (even if I see visual feedback o...
  • BlackEco
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not showing up after I previously played it

I downloaded a playlist recently, played it many times and now the tracks won't show up and I can't play it on my Android phone, only on my computer will it work. What happened?

• I downloaded a playlist recently, played it many times and now the tracks won't show up and I can't play it on my Android phone, only on my computer will it work. What happened? 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playing on different device

When I open Spotify and log in on my pc at home it does not show all the playlists and artists I have saved at my work pc. Does Spotify not save those in your account? Shouldn't they be there? I have the free version. TIA,

• Regular
  • When I open Spotify and log in on my pc at home it does not show all the playlists and artists I have saved at my work pc.  Does Spotify not save those in your account?  Shouldn't they be t...
  • jallenaz1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android help Running fast

Description The music that I am playing in a playlist is not playing correctly. It is playing faster and at a higher pitch. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? I tried reinstalling spotify and restarting my tablet What I expected t...

• Visitor
  • Description The music that I am playing in a playlist is not playing correctly. It is playing faster and at a higher pitch.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? I t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly closes when Your Music menu is chosen without any error message

Description Spotify suddenly closes when I select Your Music in the menu. The app just closes without any error message displayed. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? (We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same ...

• Description Spotify suddenly closes when I select Your Music in the menu. The app just closes without any error message displayed.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes