Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook error. You already created an account with this Email address.

Reinstalled Spotify and attempted to Log in with Facebook when this message occurs. Is there a way to reconnect this reinstall to its original account or does a technician need to delete the originail account? Was originally installed under a trial o...

• Casual Listener
  • Reinstalled Spotify and attempted to Log in with Facebook when this message occurs. Is there a way to reconnect this reinstall to its original account or does a technician need to delete the origina...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All the time pending

Hey, i have a problem. I have a Spotify on PC and on my Galaxy Note 2. In spotify PC in devices tab after selecting GT-N7100 I would like to sync Local Files, but all the time "pending" if i choose local files. What is a problem ? Merry Christmas and...

• Hey,   i have a problem.   I have a Spotify on PC and on my Galaxy Note 2.   In spotify PC in devices tab after selecting GT-N7100 I would like to sync Local Files, but all...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not playing

Music isn't playing whether in on or offline mode. when I press play it immediately goes back to pause and sometimes plays for approximately one tenth of a seconddoes not work with or without headphones and other applications for music are not affect...

• Casual Listener
  • Music isn't playing whether in on or offline mode. when I press play it immediately goes back to pause and sometimes plays for approximately one tenth of a seconddoes not work with or without headpho...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Player Aleatorio

Assinei a versão premium hoje, mas quando vou escutar um album no smartphone continua disponivel somente pelo modo aleatorio!!! O que faço????

• Assinei a versão premium hoje, mas quando vou escutar um album no smartphone continua disponivel somente pelo modo aleatorio!!! O que faço????
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Song Titles

I'm listening to Katy Perry's album "One of the Boys" and the song it says is playing is "I Think I'm Ready" but it is actually the acoustic version of Thinking of You. The acoustic version of Thinking of You plays I Think I'm Ready instead of the ac...

• I'm listening to Katy Perry's album "One of the Boys" and the song it says is playing is "I Think I'm Ready" but it is actually the acoustic version of Thinking of You. The acoustic version of Thinki...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android SpotifyApp hides on starting when in landscape mode

I originally thought the app was crashing because the Spotify app started up, briefly showed the playlists and then vanished. However it still showed in the running application list. When I activated Spotify in portrait mode it stays open and does no...

• I originally thought the app was crashing because the Spotify app started up, briefly showed the playlists and then vanished. However it still showed in the running application list. When I acti...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound come and go...

Hi, I have a very enoiing problem. It only shows when I have offline mode activated. I click on a song and it start playing for 5 sec then the sound stops but according to Spotify it's still playing(the song is still playing). To make the sound come ...

• Hi, I have a very enoiing problem. It only shows when I have offline mode activated. I click on a song and it start playing for 5 sec then the sound stops but according to Spotify it's still playi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

no internet conection on samsung galaxy s3 mini and t-mobile

Hi all Spotify is working well with my Galaxy s3 via wlan. But with t-mobile 90% of the time i geht a message `no Internet connection` This makes no fun and i canceld my premium account. Ans hints?

• Regular
  • Hi all   Spotify is working well with my Galaxy s3 via wlan.   But with t-mobile 90% of the time i geht a message `no Internet connection`   This makes no fun and i canceld...
  • Upset
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sincronizar iPad y movil android

Buenas! Tengo una cuenta de Spotify Premiun, y a la hora de sincronizar tanto el iPad como el movil android para agregar los archivos locales, el Spotify del ordenador (w8) no reconoce los dispositivos. ¿cómo pueod solucionarlo?

• Buenas! Tengo una cuenta de Spotify Premiun, y a la hora de sincronizar tanto el iPad como el movil android para agregar los archivos locales, el Spotify del ordenador (w8)  no reconoce los disp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files "not available"

I bought the new Black Keys album and downloaded it to my PC. I imported the album into a playlist in Spotify and made it available offline. It syncs to my Galaxy S4 just fine, it just won't play the songs. All songs say "This track is not available"...

• Casual Listener
  • I bought the new Black Keys album and downloaded it to my PC. I imported the album into a playlist in Spotify and made it available offline. It syncs to my Galaxy S4 just fine, it just won't play the...
  • svdlfilm
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracklength not right

Hi, I downloaded a mp3. The length is about 57 minutes, but the Spotify-Player only shows a Tracklength of 8 seconds. If I play the song it is played the full length, but I can't skip through it 'cause there are only 8 seconds displayed.Can anyone he...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I downloaded a mp3. The length is about 57 minutes, but the Spotify-Player only shows a Tracklength of 8 seconds. If I play the song it is played the full length, but I can't skip thro...
  • Eidechse94
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes after 1-2 seconds

Hi, Description On a new tablet I can't get Spotify to run. A Spotify screen shows up for a very brief period (not much more than 1 second) and then disappears completely. I don't even get to enter my Spotify account details. What are the steps you t...

• Regular
  • Hi, Description On a new tablet I can't get Spotify to run.  A Spotify screen shows up for a very brief period (not much more than 1 second) and then disappears completely.  I don't ...
  • nicoalbiazul
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsynced and Undownloaded

I installed this app the first day I got this thing and never uninstalled it. (Christmas) I upgraded to Premium. Not just a free-trial, but actually suscribed and payed money for it. I downloaded some songs and albums on this thing, and haven't touch...

• I installed this app the first day I got this thing and never uninstalled it. (Christmas) I upgraded to Premium. Not just a free-trial, but actually suscribed and payed money for it. I...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App in Remote Control Mode

Hey guys! I have an issue with the app when it's controlling my desktop Spotify. An example: Play an album. Song name, album art and remaining time in song show properly. Now find a new song you want to insert into the queue. Press add to queue. Now ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys! I have an issue with the app when it's controlling my desktop Spotify. An example: Play an album. Song name, album art and remaining time in song show properly. Now find a new s...
  • hibread
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.4.4
    queue management
    remote play
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is downloading to external SD but Android thinks it's internal memory

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with about 5GB free on the internal memory and about 28GB left on the external SD card. I know spotify is saving to the external SD (I have checked folder sizes), Android thinks that it's on the internal memory and thus...

• Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with about 5GB free on the internal memory and about 28GB left on the external SD card. I know spotify is saving to the external SD (I have checked folder sizes), Andro...
  • thai2000
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search query when server connection is not established yet returns "Please try another search"

DescriptionWhen the Spotify app is issued a search query while the app is still attempting to connect to the server, the app does not wait for connection and simply returns "No Search Results: Please try another search." Sometimes this search result ...

• Description When the Spotify app is issued a search query while the app is still attempting to connect to the server, the app does not wait for connection and simply returns "No Search Results: Plea...
  • visockasaidas
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists won't download

Hey, I recently got into a lot of trouble with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Suddenly it starts to forget all the playlists I did save for offline play. I already did google for some ideas to solve this problem, but nothing works - I did logout on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I recently got into a lot of trouble with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Suddenly it starts to forget all the playlists I did save for offline play. I already did google for som...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Streaming cuts in and out. Downloaded music not so much

when I stream music from my tablet 90% of the time the music cuts in and out (unlistenable). but not so much to the music I downloaded to my tablet.I want to get the most out of my premium membership but it seems like I'm limited to downloading music...

• Regular
  • when I stream music from my tablet 90% of the time the music cuts in and out (unlistenable). but not so much to the music I downloaded to my tablet.I want to get the most out of my premium membership...
  • adrianruss1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help!

I recently got a new phone and tried to download my play lists. It lets me download everything, and then the next time I go to open the app it says it will need to delete everything because i have reached the maximum allowed devices. I have logged in...

• Visitor
  • I recently got a new phone and tried to download my play lists. It lets me download everything, and then the next time I go to open the app it says it will need to delete everything because i have re...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes