Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Data file keeps growing

Hello , On my android i have a few playlist that i can use offline. The frre space on my SD card was 10 GB. After one week the free space is 8.9 GB. Its all spotify data because i only use my sd card for spotify. I see somtimes that the app download ...

• Roadie
  • Hello ,   On my android i have a few playlist that i can use offline.   The frre space on my SD card was 10 GB. After one week the free space is 8.9 GB.   Its all spotify...
  • thai2000
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Qualcomm Allplay device not showing up in Spotify Connect

I recently bought the following Wifi connected speaker device by Medion using Qualcomm's Allplay technology see: http://aldi.medion.com/md83867/be_nl/?refPage=aldi What I understood is this Allplay technology has been Spotify Connect certified see: h...

• I recently bought the following Wifi connected speaker device by Medion using Qualcomm's Allplay technology see: http://aldi.medion.com/md83867/be_nl/?refPage=aldi What I understood is this Al...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Xperia Z3 Compact and saving to Samsung Grade 1 Class 10 64GB Evo Micro SDHC Memory Card

Ok, I have tried *everything possible* to get Spotify to save to my Samsung Grade 1 Class 10 64GB Evo Micro SDHC Memory Card. I've searched the forums no-end to get it working. I have formatted the card via the phone, cleared the cache/data from Spot...

• Music Fan
  • Ok, I have tried *everything possible* to get Spotify to save to my Samsung Grade 1 Class 10 64GB Evo Micro SDHC Memory Card. I've searched the forums no-end to get it working.   I have...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • evo
    Samsung
    sd card
    sdhc
    Xperia
    z3 compact
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can sync some local mp3s, but not all

So, I have some local mp3s on my desktop that I added to a playlist and synced to my HTC One M8. My problem is that some of these MP3s synced, and some didn't and just say pending. I've confirmed with mutliple different programs that these MP3s are v...

• Regular
  • So, I have some local mp3s on my desktop that I added to a playlist and synced to my HTC One M8. My problem is that some of these MP3s synced, and some didn't and just say pending. I've confirmed wit...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify crashes when using 3g connection

Hi,guys! I'm having a problem with spotify when I'm using my 3g connection. It just doesn't work,keeps crashing all the time . It keeps saying that I'm offline ,even though I'm not. Meanwhile,all my apps are working just fine: youtube,my browser,my o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,guys! I'm having a problem with spotify when I'm using my 3g connection. It just doesn't work,keeps crashing all the time . It keeps saying that I'm offline ,even though I'm not. Meanwhile,all m...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Some of my local files doesnt sync to my phone

Hello! I have a couple of local files on my computer that I want to sync to my phone but some of the songs doesnt sync. I put the songs in a list on my computer then i download the playlist on my phone as i am connected to the same wifi-network on bo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I have a couple of local files on my computer that I want to sync to my phone but some of the songs doesnt sync.   I put the songs in a list on my computer then i download ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 5 Android 5.0 OTA Volume Toggle Issue

Nexus 5 stock, not rooted, running build LRX210. When I'm playing music on spotify, toggling the volume up/down via the volume rocker only allows me to control my phone's media volume. In order to control the notification/vibrate settings of the phon...

• Nexus 5 stock, not rooted, running build LRX210.  When I'm playing music on spotify, toggling the volume up/down via the volume rocker only allows me to control my phone's media volume.  In...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic downloading of songs/albums

Hi there, I have a problem with my mothers smartphone regarding downloading songs/albums on Spotify. You see, she is logged in on my Premium account and I have saved some of my favourite albums there. But the problem is now that her phone is trying t...

• Hi there,   I have a problem with my mothers smartphone regarding downloading songs/albums on Spotify. You see, she is logged in on my Premium account and I have saved some of my favourite...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing on my Android device without prompt

For about a month I have been having problems with my Spotify Premium account. I am a fitness instructor and I use spotify for my playlists in my classes. I also use Spotify for personal music consumption, and have a tons of music downloaded to my ph...

• Music Fan
  • For about a month I have been having problems with my Spotify Premium account. I am a fitness instructor and I use spotify for my playlists in my classes. I also use Spotify for personal music consum...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same track, different version, from different album/EP not syncing unlinked tracks

I have one standard length album in a playlist from a certain band. They released an acoustic EP the other day which is not on Spotify at the moment. I imported this EP into my library, put these tracks into my playlist and unlinked them on the Deskt...

• Regular
  • I have one standard length album in a playlist from a certain band. They released an acoustic EP the other day which is not on Spotify at the moment. I imported this EP into my library, put...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems with spotify on the samsung phone

Hi, I have really annoying problem with Spotify on my phone. Recently whenever I try to open Spotify on my phone it shows: "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped". Tried everything: restarting phone, unistalling/installing application....Nothing works. ...

• Hi,   I have really annoying problem with Spotify on my phone. Recently whenever I try to open Spotify on my phone it shows: "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped". Tried everything: restartin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

eliminare account

Come faccio ad eliminare il mio account???...ho cercato in tutti i modo ma nn riesco..AIUTATEMIIII

• Visitor
  • Come faccio ad eliminare il mio account???...ho cercato in tutti i modo ma nn riesco..AIUTATEMIIII
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play! Xperia z2 tablet issue. Android 4.4.4

Spotify won't play any tracks. It plays for a split second then pauses itself. I've unistalled and reinstalled which hasn't worked, any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't play any tracks. It plays for a split second then pauses itself. I've unistalled and reinstalled which hasn't worked, any ideas? 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files to Android over Public Wifi

Hey all, hopefully you guys can help, I have a galaxy s5 and a MacBook Pro, and I've been loving spotify premium, however since I've been at college I haven't been able to sync local files to my phone as the app only supports syncing over wifi and th...

• ...hone as the app only supports syncing over wifi and the wifi here is large and public. Because of this, my computer can't find my phone in order to sync the music files. Is there any way I can change s...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bigger Menu Buffer!

Ever had this problem??? I'm listening to a playlist while navigating through another playlist. I tap the three-dot icon to the right of a track to call up the menu. But my finger hits a little off and selects the track instead. Now it's playing a tr...

• Gig Goer
  • Ever had this problem??? I'm listening to a playlist while navigating through another playlist. I tap the three-dot icon to the right of a track to call up the menu. But my finger hits a little off a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • accidentally tap press menu button three dots inadvertently play track
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

falta de sincronización

Tengo el problema que no puedo descargar música por que me dice que no se puede soncronizar debido a que el dispositivo tiene escaso espacio! La verdad es que tengo 1.75 en la sd y 3 gb en el telefono! Asi qie no entiendo por que no me permite descar...

• Regular
  • Tengo el problema que no puedo descargar música por que me dice que no se puede soncronizar debido a que el dispositivo tiene escaso espacio! La verdad es que tengo 1.75 en la sd y 3 gb en el telefon...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Shuffle obliged when you play an album?

I am somewhat 'amazed' by the Android app. If you search for an album and want to play it, you can only choose Shuffle. Anybody got a clue how you can just play it (without saving it)? Sorry, this is the most stupid question I ever asked, but I reall...

• Regular
  • I am somewhat 'amazed' by the Android app. If you search for an album and want to play it, you can only choose Shuffle. Anybody got a clue how you can just play it (without saving it)?   Sor...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

android problem anuncios en cuenta unlimited porque???

Hola , en el android la cuenta unlimited odavia tiene anuncios ! Porque? Y como los puedo quitar . gracias nele

• Casual Listener
  • Hola , en el android la cuenta unlimited odavia tiene anuncios !   Porque? Y como los puedo quitar . gracias nele
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select song I want to play!

Hi,I've been having a problem with spotify. When I want to play a song, I try and click on the song and it doesn't do anything. All I have is a green shuffle button, and when I click on it sometimes it doesn't do anything or it plays I random song I ...

• Hi, I've been having a problem with spotify. When I want to play a song, I try and click on the song and it doesn't do anything. All I have is a green shuffle button, and when I click on it sometime...
  • Wesmanoz
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

offline sync problems

I have a 4G LTE phone and I signed up for Premium. When I switch available offline on, I get a message that says "Turn on 2G/3G syncing to download". How do I do that? Thanks Sue

• I have a 4G LTE phone and I signed up for Premium.  When I switch available offline on, I get a message that says "Turn on 2G/3G syncing to download".  How do I do that?   Thanks ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes