Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

own mp3 songs - no transitions?

hi there I have an issue with own mp3 files offline synchronized in the playlist on spotify premium: the tansitions doesnt work. while they work with songs from the spotify database they don't work with my own synchronized mp3 songs. please help! tha...

• hi there I have an issue with own mp3 files offline synchronized in the playlist on spotify premium: the tansitions doesnt work. while they work with songs from the spotify database they don't work w...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection issues on my Samsung Galaxy S4

Hardware/Software info: -Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 - Android 4.4.2 - Latest Spotify app - Mobile operator: Simyo / E-Plus (Germany) Hello, I am using Spotify mainly outside. On my way to work etc.. I have observed that Spotify has huge problems with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hardware/Software info: -Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 - Android 4.4.2 - Latest Spotify app - Mobile operator: Simyo / E-Plus (Germany)   Hello,   I am using Spotify mainly out...
  • Ferhat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Android app very sluggish streaming and unresponsive

I've had a lot of trouble with the new (not so new anymore) Spotify app that was released on Android. For the most part, this app seems highly incompatible with being on an intermittent network. If there is any network issue, the app becomes unrespon...

• Regular
  • I've had a lot of trouble with the new (not so new anymore) Spotify app that was released on Android. For the most part, this app seems highly incompatible with being on an intermittent network. If t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Testing required (volume bug?) Android

Hello Spotify community, He reason I'm making this post is because I've had this concern for a while and yesterday I confirmed it. There is a noticeable colume difference between Spotify and Google Play Music in Android on my Nexus 5. For months I've...

• Regular
  • Hello Spotify community,   He reason I'm making this post is because I've had this concern for a while and yesterday I confirmed it. There is a noticeable colume difference between Spotify a...
  • rjhsteel2001
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android App won't play - pauses all tracks

A few days ago my android app ran into this issue when using headphones. Immediately after playing a track it will pause on its own. Restarting the track and it will pauses again. This goes for streaming and offline tracks. Here's what I've done so f...

• Regular
  • A few days ago my android app ran into this issue when using headphones. Immediately after playing a track it will pause on its own. Restarting the track and it will pauses again. This goes for strea...
  • heybatter
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

WARNING! Spotify connect is not free!

Most of you probably know about when you listen to spotify on your computer it will also start playing on your mobile device and drain your battery and mess up your playlist. But that's not all. Did you know it uses a lot of data on your mobile as we...

• Gig Goer
  • Most of you probably know about when you listen to spotify on your computer it will also start playing on your mobile device and drain your battery and mess up your playlist. But that's not all....
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is Top 5 Performance-Draining App, Top 3 Storage eater on Android

Did you guys notice this? http://www.cnet.com/news/whats-killing-your-battery-androids-top-10-performance-sapping-apps/ Spotify is Top 5 Performance-Draining App, Top 3 Storage eater on Android Is this something that will be dealt with or can be deal...

• Music Fan
  • Did you guys notice this? http://www.cnet.com/news/whats-killing-your-battery-androids-top-10-performance-sapping-apps/   Spotify is Top 5 Performance-Draining App, Top 3 Storage eater ...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    battery drain
    storage
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android app: Shuffle for Playlists?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3, and see no way to set shuffle for my playlists. I checked the bottom left menu button while in a playlist and only see 4 options, none having to do with setting shuffle. Is this feature not there? If so, that's severely...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3, and see no way to set shuffle for my playlists.  I checked the bottom left menu button while in a playlist and only see 4 options, none having to do with setting s...
  • tomk7897
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Xperia Z1 Compact] Equalizer problem

Hey Spotify. There seems to be a problem with the equalizer and the Z1 Compact.

Nothing happens when i change the eq settings in spotify but it works just fine in the integrated music player.

Could you take a look at this bug?

Yours sincerely Tovi.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Spotify. There seems to be a problem with the equalizer and the Z1 Compact. <br><br>Nothing happens when i change the eq settings in spotify but it works just fine in the integrated m...
  • AntePante
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can i use OTG to download my playlists and listen them offline? - OG Moto G 8GB - (KitKat 4.4.4)

Something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-OTG-USB-2-0-Micro-USB-32GB-Android-Cell-Phone-Tablets-DT-MicroDuo-/261658598533?pt=US_USB_Flash_Drives&hash=item3cec115c85

• Casual Listener
  • Something like this.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-OTG-USB-2-0-Micro-USB-32GB-Android-Cell-Phone-Tablets-DT-MicroDuo-/261658598533?pt=US_USB_Flash_Drives&hash=item3cec115c85
  • Tetsuo6995
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android + Smartphone App

hi there, the app is installed on my android device (samsung galaxy s4) and on the tv. My tv Samsung UE40F6470 is connected to my hifi-system. As I can do with my pc and my tablet I'd like to remote controll the Smart-TV-App with my moble. But it doe...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there, the app is installed on my android device (samsung galaxy s4) and on the tv. My tv Samsung UE40F6470 is connected to my hifi-system. As I can do with my pc and my tablet I'd like to rem...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "My Music" doesn't sync with mobile

I added all my stared songs to "Songs" and they show up in the songs folder on my desktop but on the app the folder is empty and will not sync with my computer. How do I get all of my music to show up in the songs folder on my phone?

• Casual Listener
  • I added all my stared songs to "Songs" and they show up in the songs folder on my desktop but on the app the folder is empty and will not sync with my computer. How do I get all of my music to show u...
  • badger1492
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download songs.

Spotify was working fine until a couple of days ago when it stopped downloading songs. My internet connection is fine because I can play songs but when I hit the button to keep for off line use... It just sits there with a circle revolving but no pro...

• Regular
  • Spotify was working fine until a couple of days ago when it stopped downloading songs. My internet connection is fine because I can play songs but when I hit the button to keep for off line use... I...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internet connection
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

"stop download" kills entire playlist

When I click the "stop download" option on my Nexus 5 to cancel the downloading of new songs I added to the downloaded playlist, the songs previously downloaded are also removed from my device. This is not the expected behaviour. I only wanted to sto...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click the "stop download" option on my Nexus 5 to cancel the downloading of new songs I added to the downloaded playlist, the songs previously downloaded are also removed f...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer working

Just updated to lateslatest version through playstore update now it no longer works. Android Samsung galaxy note 3 & 4 with kit kat 4.4.4 just getting black screen up with spotif logo in corner

• Just updated to lateslatest version through playstore update now it no longer works. Android Samsung galaxy note 3 & 4 with kit kat 4.4.4 just getting black screen up with spotif logo in corner
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I clean up deleted offline playlists?

Hello, I ran out of storage on my phone (S4 Active, android 4.2.2), I tried to delete some playlists that I don't listen offline anymore, but the space did not free up. I have searched for solution on the internet and found some posts, that says it d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I ran out of storage on my phone (S4 Active, android 4.2.2), I tried to delete some playlists that I don't listen offline anymore, but the space did not free up. I have searched f...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync MyMusic(Desktop) with MyCollection(Android)

it seems that my music on my desktop is not syncing with my android app. in the app it is completly empty although "my music" on desktop is full with albums and titles. if i click on the + now it shows it in the app but i don't want to reclick my who...

• Visitor
  • it seems that my music on my desktop is not syncing with my android app. in the app it is completly empty although "my music" on desktop is full with albums and titles.   if i click on the +...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android sync over wifi

Hello! I have a bit of a problem when it comes to syncing; I currently run a dual router setup, since the wifi isn't working on the old one, and they are setup so that my computer works as a middle man between the routers, giving internet access to m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I have a bit of a problem when it comes to syncing;   I currently run a dual router setup, since the wifi isn't working on the old one, and they are setup so that my computer w...
  • Maverik12345
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

discover for android?

i read the thread about discover in the announcements forum and it seems to be coming and going for desktop users, but i have no discover in current spotify 1.7.0.830 for android running on android 4.4.4 samsung s5.

• Visitor
  • i read the thread about discover in the announcements forum and it seems to be coming and going for desktop users, but i have no discover in current spotify 1.7.0.830 for android running on android 4...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Potential paywall issue with album shuffle for free users...

I understand being a free user comes with some paywalls and limitations, but I have noted that if I select a particular album from an artist, that the shuffle brings in content from other albums while I am listening. I don't mind the commercials. I u...

• Casual Listener
  • I understand being a free user comes with some paywalls and limitations, but I have noted that if I select a particular album from an artist, that the shuffle brings in content from other albums whil...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes