Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mobile App (Premium account, created with Facebook account) Not posting to Facebook

Samsung Galaxy S4; Android 4.3; Spotify Version 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4 Device memory has 7.21GB available (of 16GB Total); SD card has 49.28GB available (of 58.53GB Total) My preferences in the Spotify Mobile App AND on all desktop (2 PCs - one Windows ...

• Regular
  • ...roadcast to other apps. Private session not turned on.   But when I play music on the mobile app, it does not share to my facebook. It also doesn't show when I add songs to (public!) playlists, s...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Mobile Not Working

Spotify suddenly stopped working when my android is connected to my carrier. It only works when I'm connected to wifi. I've done everything including reinstalling Spotify several times. I've had spotify premium for two years and i will cancel my subs...

• Regular
  • Spotify suddenly stopped working when my android is connected to my carrier. It only works when I'm connected to wifi. I've done everything including reinstalling Spotify several times. I've had sp...
  • tuomashki
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

[HTC Wildfire S]Uneven playback with downloaded tracks

Dear Spotify CommunityI have been the using Spotify for a couple of months on my Android phone (HTC Wildfire S) without problemOver the last week I have been experiencing sound problems with downloaded playlists. The content is uneven or stutters. It...

• Dear Spotify Community I have been the using Spotify for a couple of months on my Android phone (HTC Wildfire S) without problem Over the last week I have been experiencing sound problems with do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! android streaming problems

Ive had spotify premium on my android phone a little over a month now, and i lost use of it for a week not too long ago. Apparently there was a streaming issue that was posted on twitter. I'm having a streaming problem again but according to the web ...

• Ive had spotify premium on my android phone a little over a month now, and i lost use of it for a week not too long ago. Apparently there was a streaming issue that was posted on twitter. I'm having ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

lg g2 flip cover

HelloI've got the LG G2 finally, but is there coming an update in the future to add spotify In the quick view window?

• Hello I've got the LG G2 finally, but is there coming an update in the future to add spotify In the quick view window? 🙂
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • lg g2 flip cover
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Standard Volume Slider - Android

Just got a new Samsung Galaxy S4 - I love using Spotify for pretty much all of my music needs, but on the Android app version on my new phone, I can't find an in-app volume slider. I'm only able to use the rocker on the side of the phone to change vo...

• Just got a new Samsung Galaxy S4 - I love using Spotify for pretty much all of my music needs, but on the Android app version on my new phone, I can't find an in-app volume slider. I'm only able to u...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android App
    volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I manage my devices?

Hi team, I have a premium account and I access Spotify from multiple devices (more than 3). However I recently tried to sync my iPod to my Spotify playlists (disaster) via my PC and now I can’t listen to 50% of my previously downloaded Spotify playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi team,   I have a premium account and I access Spotify from multiple devices (more than 3). However I recently tried to sync my iPod to my Spotify playlists (disaster) via my PC and now I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Memory on Galaxy S2

Hi, I have a Galaxy S2 and have had spotify for about 18 months now. I had alot of songs, close to the 3333 limit and then deleted loads but when i tried to download more it said i 'syncing has stopped as no space left on device' . Even though i have...

• Regular
  • Hi, I have a Galaxy S2 and have had spotify for about 18 months now. I had alot of songs, close to the 3333 limit and then deleted loads but when i tried to download more it said i 'syncing has stopp...
  • PedroPedro
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Dual accounts linked to the same facebook account and Ads for premium even though I have premium

Hey! So, I've been having all kinds of problems lately. I'll try to sum it up. For some reason, today when I started spotify on my Android, I wasn't logged in. This has happened before and didn't surprise me. So, I did as I usually do - log in via fa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   So, I've been having all kinds of problems lately. I'll try to sum it up.   For some reason, today when I started spotify on my Android, I wasn't logged in. This has happened...
  • Jack_H
  • Spotify
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

USB syncing on Android

I bought a premium subscription so I could listen to my playlists on my mobile. Less than half the tracks will sync - apparently my android device has to be connected by wifi to my computer to enable the rest to be sync'd. EDIT: Sorry, error in post,...

• Regular
  • I bought a premium subscription so I could listen to my playlists on my mobile.   Less than half the tracks will sync - apparently my android device has to be connected by wifi to my computer ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Need help upgrading to premium from free trial and changing my country.

So I Spotify yesterday and I love it. I'm trying to upgrade my account to premium but every time I get to my credit card screen it's telling me the payment can't be completed. I live in the United states Virgin Islands. On my profile screen it won't ...

• Regular
  • So I Spotify yesterday and I love it. I'm trying to upgrade my account to premium but every time I get to my credit card screen it's telling me the payment can't be completed. I live in the United st...
  • mooshmail
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

built in eq for android

We all wanted an equalizer and they finally added one. But the way they did so makes it useless, they only added a "link" to view android's built in eq, which if you have not yet tried it, sucks. I personally am an audiholic and thus really blows, I ...

• Regular
  • We all wanted an equalizer and they finally added one. But the way they did so makes it useless, they only added a "link" to view android's built in eq, which if you have not yet tried it, sucks. I p...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • built in equalizer (because android built in eq sucks)
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

offline playlists noy downloading

I have a premium account, however less than a fifth of my offline playlists can be played off line despite clicking downloaded. In instances where ive made playlists with a range of different artists, only a few songs download. Otherwise whole albums...

• I have a premium account, however less than a fifth of my offline playlists can be played off line despite clicking downloaded. In instances where ive made playlists with a range of different artists...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! More devices online at same time with same account

Hi.I have a question Why can't there be more than one user/device online on spotify at the same time at the same account?Im borrowing my spotify to a god friend, and we have a big issue. If im on internet (WI-FI) and he is on internet (WI-FI) at same...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. I have a question 🙂   Why can't there be more than one user/device online on spotify at the same time at the same account? Im borrowing my spotify to a god friend, and we have a big iss...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to store offline music on the external SD card on andriod

any idea how to do this? ive tried the rapidshare and drop box links, but none of them work.

• any idea how to do this? ive tried the rapidshare and drop box links, but none of them work.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium user in a foreign country

Hi guys I've got 2 new Android devices (phone and tablet) but can't seem to access Spotify in the Play Store? It seems that it picks up from my carrier that I'm no longer in the USA. Which isn't a problem as I have Spotify Premium but I can't downloa...

• Regular
  • Hi guys   I've got 2 new Android devices (phone and tablet) but can't seem to access Spotify in the Play Store? It seems that it picks up from my carrier that I'm no longer in the USA. Which...
  • AliceSch
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I want a discount until posting to Facebook is fixed.

Since the update on 10/14 or 10/15, my mobile (Droid Razr Maxx) no longer posts songs to Facebook. This is what Spotify advertises it does, and i am paying for this advertised function as a premium member. I have to login to Facebook to use the mobil...

• Roadie
  • Since the update on 10/14 or 10/15, my mobile (Droid Razr Maxx) no longer posts songs to Facebook. This is what Spotify advertises it does, and i am paying for this advertised function as a premium m...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Device not showing up. Phone will not sync. Local files greyed out.

I'm kind of getting pissed off now. No, none of the forum entries or official help files are helping. Yes, I have already cleared the Android cache, uninstalled, shut off device, removed the battery, then reinstalled everything. I'm so, so very surpr...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm kind of getting pissed off now.   No, none of the forum entries or official help files are helping. Yes, I have already cleared the Android cache, uninstalled, shut off device, removed t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet connection available - HTC One, T-Mobile LTE

Description I frequently get the "No Internet Connection Available" message when on 4G LTE (T-Mobile). I'm unable to search or play any music that I have not downloaded. I do not notice this issue when on 2G or 3G. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I frequently get the "No Internet Connection Available" message when on 4G LTE (T-Mobile). I'm unable to search or play any music that I have not downloaded. I do not notice this issue ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

android app

hi, my spotify app on android is terrible. It doesn't search EVER for ANYTHING! It constantly won't play my playlists even though I have offlined them all and then it often decides to delete all my offline playlists so I suddently can't play anything...

• Casual Listener
  • hi,   my spotify app on android is terrible. It doesn't search EVER for ANYTHING! It constantly won't play my playlists even though I have offlined them all and then it often decides to dele...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes