Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium account

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI activated the premium account and deactivated it immediately, I wanted to switch to the duo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I activ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth via mobile in car (steering wheel controls)

HiI am using Spotify Premium in my car connected via bluetooth to my Samsung S10.All steering wheel controls are working ok ie volume, skip to next track, mute etc.However the fast forward a track function doesn't work. It should be possible by holdi...

• Visitor
  • Hi I am using Spotify Premium in my car connected via bluetooth to my Samsung S10. All steering wheel controls are working ok ie volume, skip to next track, mute etc. However the fast forward a tr...
  • Kiril
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Steering wheel function
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files on my own device are not synced to the app

I toggled on the "Show local files" option, I had a bunch of .mp3 files saved and those still show and play.The problem stands with files that I downloaded after I set up the option.1. I renamed them all; the app showed me two files: the renamed one ...

• Casual Listener
  • I toggled on the "Show local files" option, I had a bunch of .mp3 files saved and those still show and play. The problem stands with files that I downloaded after I set up the option. 1. I renamed ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify taking over Stations on Android Auto

Premium Family plan, LGV60, Pioneer WNEX4400 head unit, latest Android (as of Jan 2022), latest head unit BIOS, connects via WiFi-Direct.My preferred music app is Stations and it has been working for more than a year (which is when I ditched Pandora ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Family plan, LGV60, Pioneer WNEX4400 head unit, latest Android (as of Jan 2022), latest head unit BIOS, connects via WiFi-Direct. My preferred music app is Stations and it has been worki...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • android auto
    bug
    stations
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Download Incompleto

PlanoPremiumPaísBrasilDispositivoMoto Z2 PlaySistema OperacionalAndroid 10 Meu Spotify não faz mais download das playlists ou músicas, eu aperto para baixar e simplesmente fica carregando, sem baixar quaisquer faixas. Já desinstalei e instalei novame...

Screenshot_20220323-121944.png
  • Music Fan
  •   Plano Premium País Brasil Dispositivo Moto Z2 Play Sistema Operacional Android 10   Meu Spotify não faz mais download das playlists ou músicas, eu aperto para baixar e simplesme...
  • LucasS1lva
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing tracks: no longer displays URL previews when sent

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or IssueI'm not sure if this is an Android issue or Spotify issue. About 5 months ago, my texting app Google Messages stopped displaying track previews for all URLs, both on the phone app and the Chrome extension. So...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue I'm not sure if this is an Android issue or Spotify issue. About 5 months ago, my texting app Google Messages stopped displaying track previ...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    preview_url
    share link
    sharing
    SMS
    URL
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Being added to Group Session without my consent

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung S21 Ultra Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI keep getting added to Group sessions without my approval and I'm unable to leave the group as the button to leave isn't showing up. I have done pretty much ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung S21 Ultra  Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I keep getting added to Group sessions without my approval and I'm unable to ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issues with Samsung Galaxy S8

Hello! I recently installed Spotify and quickly upgraded to Premium. Since my upgrade, it seems as the Mobile App is "stuck" - any actions that take place on the app, such as liking new songs, pinning playlists etc. are impossible to achieve. Interes...

• Regular
  • Hello! I recently installed Spotify and quickly upgraded to Premium.   Since my upgrade, it seems as the Mobile App is "stuck" - any actions that take place on the app, such as liking new son...
  • Cannellouie
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Listening to downloaded music while on WiFi with Spotify blocked

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceSamsung Galaxy A31 Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI downloaded a library of music to listen to while I was away with no cellular access and only a WiFi with Spotify blocked. Whenever I attempted to lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia   Device Samsung Galaxy A31   Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I downloaded a library of music to listen to while I was awa...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Block
    Offline Access
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] Make "Liked Songs" into a section of its own instead of a playlist.

I was thinking, instead of having your liked songs playlist, maybe we could make it into a section of it's own. Like the home, search, and library sections. Because sometimes when I am in a place where I may not have much internet and I chose to play...

• Casual Listener
  • I was thinking, instead of having your liked songs playlist, maybe we could make it into a section of it's own. Like the home, search, and library sections. Because sometimes when I am in a place whe...
  • GuiGuiGlims
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution What would be the reason

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Sony Xperia XZ F8331)Operating System(Android 8.0.0) My Question or IssueI logged out of the application and turned the phone off and on again, I entered the application again, the same did not fix it.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Sony Xperia XZ F8331) Operating System (Android 8.0.0)   My Question or Issue I logged out of the application and turned the phone off and on again,...
  • Sertan2
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Several Issues Regarding the App

PlanPremiumCountryPakistanDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI have had these issues for more than a month now, even after 3 updates, clean reinstall, they aren't solved.1. Whenever i open the app, it automatica...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Pakistan Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I have had these issues for more than a month now, even after 3 updates, c...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Issues
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps pausing with an internet connection present

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy A52SOperating SystemOne UI 4.0 (Android 12) My Question or IssueSpotify keeps pausing randomly. With wi-fi or cellular on, Spotify randomly pauses every minute or so. It doesn't happen when you turn off internet connec...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy A52S Operating System One UI 4.0 (Android 12)   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps pausing randomly. With wi-fi or cellular on, Spotify randomly pauses...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "More" button in Spotify share not working.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceSamsung Galaxy s10Operating System Android 12 My Question or IssueWhen I try to share a Spotify song and press the "More" button to share to something else than WhatsApp, Ig, Facebook or snapchat, I get the followi...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Samsung Galaxy s10 Operating System  Android 12   My Question or Issue When I try to share a Spotify song and press the "More"...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    Looks like something went wrong
    share music
    sharing
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download files

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceSamsung Galaxy A02)Operating System(Android 11) My Question or IssueI have several songs downloaded on my smartphone so I can listen without being connected to the network. It happens sometimes these songs are not avai...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Samsung Galaxy A02) Operating System (Android 11)   My Question or Issue I have several songs downloaded on my smartphone so I can listen without b...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Accidentally pressed remove download on Spotify playlist

Hi, I've accidentally pressed remove download on my big 80 hour Spotify playlist. I hit download again almost immediately after, but my songs are now all greyed out. I can see Spotify is still using 4GB of storage, which is clearly due to the songs f...

• Hi, I've accidentally pressed remove download on my big 80 hour Spotify playlist. I hit download again almost immediately after, but my songs are now all greyed out. I can see Spotify is still using ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect notice constantly popup

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Version: 8.7.14.1332Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueIf im connected to my reciever (Sony STR-1080) with spotify connect the app constantly popup with the message: You listening at <> will y...

• Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Version: 8.7.14.1332 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue If im connected to my reciever (Sony STR-1080) with spotify...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't jump to any point in a song in the lockscreen as in iphone

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceSamsung S20 FeOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHello before I had an iPhone and could play and listen to any point of the song with a locked screen. Now I have a Samsung S20 Fe and it does not allow me t...

• Casual Listener
  •  Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Samsung S20 Fe Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hello before I had an iPhone and could play and listen to any point of the...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution cant see lyrics on android

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.A.DeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemLatest (whatever it is) My Question or IssueDespite having done a thorough uninstall and following all of the guides I am unable to see lyrics. I am able to see Genius Behind the Lyri...

• Plan Premium Country U.S.A. Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Latest (whatever it is)   My Question or Issue Despite having done a thorough uninstall and following all of t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Discover] A button that allows you to play randomised music in the music style u like.

It should be a nice feature that allows u to listen to randomised music but in your style. Like when a playslist ends random music begins to play but just a button that allows you to do that without you have to listen to a playslist.

• It should be a nice feature that allows u to listen to randomised music but in your style. Like when a playslist ends random music begins to play but just a button that allows you to do that without ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes