Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Feature suggestion

Hey Spotify, hope your followers are increasing by day. So ,when i was listening a song , i liked a song so much such that i turned auto repeated currently playing song but later on i lost interest and to change to other song will need to go to playl...

• Hey Spotify, hope your followers are increasing by day. So ,when i was listening a song , i liked a song so much such that i turned auto repeated currently playing song but later on i lost interest a...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Explicit filter not working on Android Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueExplicit songs play even though explicit filter is enabled. I have my explicit filter enabled on my device. I play my music through an Amazon Echo. I have the pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue Explicit songs play even though explicit filter is enabled.    I have my e...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Adding random songs to selfmade playlists

When using the mobile Spotify app, Spotify adds songs to a playlist that's self-made. This shouldn't be happening, since I don't have selected the "Autoplay" function. People say it's because a playlist is too short or it's because it's not a premium...

• Visitor
  • When using the mobile Spotify app, Spotify adds songs to a playlist that's self-made. This shouldn't be happening, since I don't have selected the "Autoplay" function. People say it's because a playl...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Other] Podcasts marked as played using Android Auto

I was looking for a place to submit a trouble ticket.Frequently the mobile app using Android auto will stop playing and mark the podcast as played. This seems to happen where advertisements would go.This is very inconvenient for long podcasts.

• I was looking for a place to submit a trouble ticket. Frequently the mobile app using Android auto will stop playing and mark the podcast as played. This seems to happen where advertisements would g...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Tapping on "Liked song" jumps to the playing track's position

Currently, in the now playing screen, tapping on the name of the playlist playing (second line from top) will open that playlist and jump to the position of the playing track.But doing the same thing when playing from "Liked Songs" will open that pla...

• Regular
  • Currently, in the now playing screen, tapping on the name of the playlist playing (second line from top) will open that playlist and jump to the position of the playing track. But doing the same thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Play command heard but not actioned on Android Audio

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceGoogle Pixel 6 Pro (also tried Google Pixel 4a 5G)Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueWhen using Android Auto in the car my voice commands are understood and repeated back to me but not actioned by Spotify...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Google Pixel 6 Pro (also tried Google Pixel 4a 5G) Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue When using Android Auto in the car my ...
  • Seawater
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify restarts album when switching devices

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen I ask one of my Alexa's to play Spotify, instead of carrying on from the last song playe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When I ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to view lyrics on mobile

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung M11Operating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueI am a premium subscriber, from india, where lyrics are available. However I am unable to view any lyrics on phones with this account (I have tried 3 different phon...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Samsung M11 Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue I am a premium subscriber, from india, where lyrics are available. However I am unable to view ...
  • MFG0D
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded song in bad quality stuck in low quality (solved)

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.A.DeviceOnePlus 7t Pro McLarenOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or Issue:This is a description of my issue and how I fixed it.I had an issue where one of the songs I downloaded was in very poor quality, this happened even t...

• Plan Premium Country U.S.A. Device OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue: This is a description of my issue and how I fixed it. I had an issue wher...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Downloading local files from mobile to desktop.

I have a very large catalogue of local files music that used to be stored on my PC. However, after some technical issues with the windows username I had lost the files because all the files under the user folder vanished. However I still have the mus...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a very large catalogue of local files music that used to be stored on my PC. However, after some technical issues with the windows username I had lost the files because all the files under the...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can i play Spotify and Youtube videos in the app at the same time?

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung A51My Question or IssueCan i play both Spotify and Youtube Videos at the same time with headphones? I have tried most Solutions i found but it didnt work

• Plan Premium Device Samsung A51 My Question or Issue Can i play both Spotify and Youtube Videos at the same time with headphones? I have tried most Solutions i found but it didnt work  
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android - Disable lock screen volume controle for Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryNL DeviceXiaomi Mi 9T Pro Operating SystemAndroid 10.QKQ1 My Question or IssueHello, I'm having an issue and can't figure out how to solve this. I use a lot of Spotify Connect on my NAD Amp1 amplifier in our living room. The volume ...

• Plan Premium Country NL   Device Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro   Operating System Android 10.QKQ1   My Question or Issue Hello, I'm having an issue and can't figure out how to solve thi...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    lockscreen
    volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Autoplay in my Car

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 9One UI 1.1 My Question or IssueI'm finding that after a few minutes of pausing a song, the notification for Spotify disappears and causes my phone to no longer auto play the nex...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 9 One UI 1.1   My Question or Issue I'm finding that after a few minutes of pausing a song, the notifica...
  • Julian
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play any songs on my phone

PlanFreeCountryMéxicoDeviceMotorola g8 Play/Motorola e6iOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueRecently i got for free a new Motorola e6i and log my account to it, but afterward i decided to go back to my Motorola g8 PlayAfter that, my Motoro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country México Device Motorola g8 Play/Motorola e6i Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Recently i got for free a new Motorola e6i and log my account to it, bu...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution frozen player after listening to podcast

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10 +Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI listen daily to JRE podcast, but if i switch to music the player will stay on the JRE podcast that i listened to. I can select a song, but the playe...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Samsung Galaxy S10 + Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I listen daily to JRE podcast, but if i switch to music the...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in as I was offline when it automatically logged me out

Today I restarted my Galaxy S8 and for some reason the Spotify app logged me out. I tried to log back in and since I was in offline mode it won't let me. I contacted Spotify and they said there is no fix and I would have to uninstall and reinstall th...

• Regular
  • Today I restarted my Galaxy S8 and for some reason the Spotify app logged me out. I tried to log back in and since I was in offline mode it won't let me. I contacted Spotify and they said there is no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Can't log in offline
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I turn off suggested songs. I don't want it, I don't need it and yes, I have tried it.

My Home tab is full stuff I'm not interested in:Inspired by, discover weekly, suggestions etc. No use at all.My Browse tab is equally if not more useless.Search and library is the only thing I need but I still have to navigate through this sludge to ...

• Roadie
  • My Home tab is full stuff I'm not interested in: Inspired by, discover weekly, suggestions etc. No use at all. My Browse tab is equally if not more useless. Search and library is the only thing I ...
  • Isylover
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wrapped 2021 is not working on android

PlanPremium (student)CountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueWhen trying to load the story on the app for spotify wrapped for 2021, I cannot even look at any of the stats. It refuses to load, but I c...

• Plan Premium (student) Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue When trying to load the story on the app for spotify wrapped f...
  • bl8tr
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes

Behind The Lyrics not showing up

I am using a Samsung S8 with the Spotify app and behind the lyrics from Genius is not showing up behind the album cover of any song as it should for some reason. The app is not in offline mode and i've already tried to reinstall it. I am using a new ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using a Samsung S8 with the Spotify app and behind the lyrics from Genius is not showing up behind the album cover of any song as it should for some reason. The app is not in offline mode and i'...
  • EmanuelMuro
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Completely transparent notification bar, not semi-transparent on Android

Plan Premium Country Czechia Device Realme 6i Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue Why is the notification bar on iOS completely transparent, but on Android it's semi? It doesn't looks good and it's kinda unfair. It would be great if it w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan   Premium   Country   Czechia   Device   Realme 6i   Operating System   Android 11       My Question or Issue   Why is ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 13 likes