Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution A song i played an hour ago appears on the notification bar but not the current song

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G Operating SystemAndroid 11 When a song plays long enough in the app but you bring down the notification bar and it shows a song you were playing an hour or so ago...anyone else have this weird issue?...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G  Operating System Android 11     When a song plays long enough in the app but you bring down the notification bar and ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Technical Issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Changing the default shuffle setting

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceComputerOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueHow do I change the default shuffle setting. From other forums I can see support answering that I just need to start an album by double-clicking the first song instead of the...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Computer Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue How do I change the default shuffle setting. From other forums I can see support answering th...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect to Heos completely broken

PlanPremium / FamiliyCountryGermany DevicesOnePlus 6T, Huawei Media Tablet Pro, Linux clientOperating SystemAndroid 11, Gentoo Linux Spotify Connect to Heos Marantz SR 5012 stopped suddenly stopped working yesterday (2021-11-17) While streaming music...

• Plan Premium / Familiy Country Germany   Devices OnePlus 6T, Huawei Media Tablet Pro, Linux client Operating System Android 11, Gentoo Linux   Spotify Connect to Heos Marantz SR 5...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Are you able to sync FLAC files from desktop to mobile?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceHuawei P30 LiteOperating SystemEMUI 10.0.00 My Question or IssueI recently changed all my files from MP3 to FLAC and all my FLAC files work on desktop but when I try to sync them to my phone it doesn't work and I just ge...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Huawei P30 Lite Operating System EMUI 10.0.00   My Question or Issue I recently changed all my files from MP3 to FLAC and all my FLAC files work on d...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download my songs to SD Card on Spotify Lite

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceSony Xperia L1Operating SystemAndroid Nougat 7.0 My Question or IssueI was using the default Spotify until today, when I tried the Lite version. I loved it, however, I can't find the option to download my songs to the S...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device Sony Xperia L1 Operating System Android Nougat 7.0   My Question or Issue I was using the default Spotify until today, when I tried the Lite ...
  • MateusAuri
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Won't Sync from my Macbook Air to my Android Phone

Plan DuoPremiumCountry USA Local Files from Macbook Air iOS 10, trying to sync onto Andoid Phone, LG G7 ThinQ I have a playlist on my desktop Spotify from local files, and it plays fine on my Macbook. But on my Spotify app on my LG G7 ThinQ, the play...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Duo Premium Country USA   Local Files from Macbook Air iOS 10, trying to sync onto Andoid Phone, LG G7 ThinQ   I have a playlist on my desktop Spotify from local files, and it pl...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't play local file songs on mobile.

PlanPremiumCountry: Switzerland DeviceSamsung galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or Issue Whenever i try to play songs that i uploaded from my local files from my computer on my phone, there is an exclamation mark under them, they're gr...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country: Switzerland   Device Samsung galaxy S20 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue   Whenever i try to play songs that i uploaded from ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists not syncing/new local files not downloading from Macbook to Android

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating System(Android 11) My Question or Issue For the past few days one of my playlists has taken either multiple hours to sync to my Android or it doesn't sync at all. If I add the same son...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System (Android 11)   My Question or Issue   For the past few days one of my playlists has taken either mu...
  • CarlosE
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local music files: Song Couldn't be Downloaded

Plan: Premium MiniCountry: IndiaDevice: Tested on Motorola One Power (Android 10), Samsung M21 (Android 11) Operating System: Tested with Windows, Mac and Ubuntu My Question or IssueI have added local MP3 files to Spotify app in my computer (legal fi...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Mini Country: India Device: Tested on Motorola One Power (Android 10), Samsung M21 (Android 11)  Operating System: Tested with Windows, Mac and Ubuntu   My Ques...
  • CarlosE
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Automatic start of the app on mobile, how to remove?

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceGoogle Pixel 4a 5GOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or Issue The app launches automatically and s...

• Music Fan
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Russia Device Google Pixel 4a 5G Operating System ...
  • Dsemenoff
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bluetooth
    Google Pixel 4a 5G
    Mobile
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Crashing When Screen Turns Off (All Devices)

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue: Across all devices (Android, PC, and Macbook), once the screen goes off, the current son...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue: &...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Bring back lower volume for notifications

Notifications completely pauses the music I'm listening to instead of just lowering the volume. It was fine until an update recently. There does not appear to be an option for it any more. Why was this taken away? Muting notifications is not an optio...

• Casual Listener
  • Notifications completely pauses the music I'm listening to instead of just lowering the volume. It was fine until an update recently. There does not appear to be an option for it any more. Why was th...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist not loading

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDevice Acer Iconia TabletOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 Kernel Version 4.4.22 My Question or IssueSince the update this morning my Spotify has been unable to play or load any songs or playlists. I have already tried signing out then...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Canada Device   Acer Iconia Tablet Operating System Android 7.0 Kernel Version 4.4.22   My Question or Issue Since the update this morning my Spotif...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics for all songs

Can we have lyrics for everything that Genius has lyrics for, rather than just a select few songs (and then only with other background information). An alternative would be a link to the appropriate Genius web page. PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPh...

• Regular
  • Can we have lyrics for everything that Genius has lyrics for, rather than just a select few songs (and then only with other background information). An alternative would be a link to the appropriate ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Just show lyrics

Hello I am listening to Spotify on my Android.Some of the songs offer "behind the lyrics". powered by genius feature. this feature alternates between showing the lyrics and showing some of the song history. most of the time though, I would just like ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I am listening to Spotify on my Android. Some of the songs offer "behind the lyrics". powered by genius feature.   this feature alternates between showing the lyrics and showing so...
  • Novy
  • 4 replies
  • 137 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 137 likes

Superuser Contribution Music is muted when casting to Google TV

PlanPremiumDevice(Samsung Galaxy 9, Sony X90J Google TV My Question or IssueWhen I cast music to my new Smart TV visa my phone the musical always starts playing on mute by default. The volume on the tv is still at a normal level, you just can't hear ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device (Samsung Galaxy 9, Sony X90J Google TV   My Question or Issue When I cast music to my new Smart TV visa my phone the musical always starts playing on mute by de...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist shuffle play automatically plays "This is: " playlist

Hello,I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to play an artists entire discography from mobile. From the mobile android view I can only see the top 5 songs and a shuffle play button. If I hit one of the top 5 songs and let it play, it will...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to play an artists entire discography from mobile. From the mobile android view I can only see the top 5 songs and a shuffle play button. I...
  • knavero-us
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify automatically switches to android auto from the radio.

Spotify automatically switches to android auto from the radio automatically. I have this feature disabled as I want to be the one to decide when I am listening to Spotify or not. Once I change back to the radio, a few minutes later it will automatica...

• Spotify automatically switches to android auto from the radio automatically. I have this feature disabled as I want to be the one to decide when I am listening to Spotify or not. Once I change back t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain playlists not syncing between devices. Help!

PlanPremiumCountryIcelandDevice(Samsung Galaxy) My Question or IssueI was unable to see songs songs on my phone that I added on my computer from local files to an old playlist. I then tried adding songs that were not from local files but were in the ...

• Plan Premium Country Iceland Device (Samsung Galaxy)   My Question or Issue I was unable to see songs songs on my phone that I added on my computer from local files to an old playlist. I...
  • smileangel
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Empty Library

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLG Q6Operating SystemAndroid 9 (Pie) My Question or IssueFollowing some updates to my Spotify app, my new "Your library" section is completely empty despite me having dozens of saved playlists.I can't even access my "lik...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device LG Q6 Operating System Android 9 (Pie)   My Question or Issue Following some updates to my Spotify app, my new "Your library" section is completely e...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes