Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No difference between high quality and low quality on android app

Hi, I've been using spotify for a long time now but never got this problem.When I started listening on spotify some days ago I suddenly realized that the music was a little weird. I listened to some music and I found out that the music was not of ric...

• Regular
  • Hi,  I've been using spotify for a long time now but never got this problem. When I started listening on spotify some days ago I suddenly realized that the music was a little weird. I listened...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Downloaded Over Cellular Network Even When Download Using Cellular Is Off

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI recently migrated to a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I was out on a walk using the app. I doubled checked that the "Download Using Cellular" was tur...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I recently migrated to a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I was out on a walk...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cellular Download
    Download Using Cellular
    Mobile Download
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback stops after 9 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryEgyptDeviceHuawei P30 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssuePlayback frequently stops after 9 seconds. Internet speed is always good. I perform internet speed tests when happens and I always get good speed avove 10 Mbps,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Egypt Device Huawei P30 Lite Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Playback frequently stops after 9 seconds. Internet speed is always good. I perform ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 57 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 57 replies
  • 28 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading songs in background slows the App completely down

Hello,I'm really tired of this problem, I already send some emails to Spotify and posted some reviews in the Google play store, but there was no reaction.This bothers me so much that a already thought of ending my premium membership.Simply said: I wa...

• Regular
  • Hello, I'm really tired of this problem, I already send some emails to Spotify and posted some reviews in the Google play store, but there was no reaction. This bothers me so much that a already th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Menu Bar Location settings

Premium/USA -Amazon Fire 8 Andriod With the most recent update to the Spotify app on my Fire, the menu bar location changed to the side w/out any setting being changed on my part. The new location has made spotify nearly useless on my device as it's ...

• Premium/USA -Amazon Fire 8 Andriod   With the most recent update to the Spotify app on my Fire, the menu bar location changed to the side w/out any setting being changed on my part. The new lo...
  • Fuquad
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes
  • amazon fire
    andriod
    Functionality
    menu
    menu bar
    settings
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes

Uploaded music will play on desktop app but not mobile

Plan - PremiumCountry - USA Device - Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System - Android My Question or Issue - I teach group fitness classes and need a device to play specific tracks provided by Les Mills. I uploaded them from my Mac desktop, to the Sp...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Country - USA   Device - Samsung Galaxy Note 9   Operating System - Android     My Question or Issue -  I teach group fitness classes and ne...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Developer] Jump back...

If I need to exit the app, when I reenter Spotify, the last song should play and my screen should automatically jump back to that song being highlighted. This streamlines my processes and prevents me from having to scroll back to where the song is at...

• If I need to exit the app, when I reenter Spotify, the last song should play and my screen should automatically jump back to that song being highlighted.  This streamlines my processes and preve...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Translation correction

Please replace the word "підбірка" with the word "добірка" in the Ukrainian version of the application. "Підбірка" is a calque from the Russian language, there is no such word in the literary Ukrainian language.

• Visitor
  • Please replace the word "підбірка" with the word "добірка" in the Ukrainian version of the application. "Підбірка" is a calque from the Russian language, there is no such word in the literary Ukraini...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Songs Keep Disappearing

Every month or so my local downloaded songs disappear and have to be re-downloaded. It's freakishly annoying, especially when I use one sound piece for sleep and after getting it bed it turns out the song is not there. How to solve this problem? Is i...

• Roadie
  • Every month or so my local downloaded songs disappear and have to be re-downloaded. It's freakishly annoying, especially when I use one sound piece for sleep and after getting it bed it turns out the...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue goes straight to playlist radio or restarts a new queue when playlist is shuffled

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello,I have noticed that lately, whenever I shuffle a playlist while connected to Bluetooth in my car via wireless adapter, the first song in the que...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello, I have noticed that lately, whenever I shuffle a playlist while co...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Red web podcast will not play.

PlanPremiumCountryUsDeviceS20 plus My Question or IssueSo starting about two weeks ago. The podcast "red web" just won't play. I'll open it and it will sit at 00:00 and never move forward. I've tried it on wifi and data, I've tried a fresh install of...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Us Device S20 plus   My Question or Issue So starting about two weeks ago. The podcast "red web" just won't play. I'll open it and it will sit at 00:00 and n...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution High mobile data usage even with all data saver options turned on

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Two months in a row now, Spotify has used 800 MB of mobile data in a giant burst for no apparent reason, even with all the data saver options turned on. I'm almost always on wifi, so ...

Screenshot_20210404-170031_Settings.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   Two months in a row now, Spotify has used 800 MB of mobile data in a giant burst for no apparent reason, even...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • data usage
    mobile data consumption
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading songs over cellular while on wifi

PremiumUSAPixel 2 XLAndroid 11Data Saver - EnabledDownload over Cellular - Disabled It looks like Spotify is downloading playlists over cellular when I'm on weak wifi.Spotify has used ~2GB of data in 14 days and I haven't spent much time listening to...

• Regular
  • Premium USA Pixel 2 XL Android 11 Data Saver - Enabled Download over Cellular - Disabled   It looks like Spotify is downloading playlists over cellular when I'm on weak wifi. Spotify has...
  • manaswi
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share spotify on instagram story

When I try to share a song on instagram stories it takes me to the instagram camera This is happening for a few days Some of my friends have the same problemPlanStudents premiumCountryGreeceDevice : one plus 8 t (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook P...

• Visitor
  • When I try to share a song on instagram stories it takes me to the instagram camera  This is happening for a few days  Some of my friends have the same problem Plan Students premium Co...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No sound in car anymore (but phone calls work)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOppo X2 Lite My Question or IssueDear All, I usually listen to Spotify in the car everyday. Last week suddenly it stopped working. The Spotify app tells me it plays the music but nothing is reaching the car anymore (I h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Oppo X2 Lite   My Question or Issue Dear All, I usually listen to Spotify in the car everyday. Last week suddenly it stopped working. The Spotify app ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why I can't share a song from Spotify to Instagram Story?

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 9Operating SystemMIUI Global 12.0.2 Stable My Question or IssueWhy I can't share a song from Spotify to Instagram Story? I already have both of them (Spotify and Instagram) updated on last version, d...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Operating System MIUI Global 12.0.2 Stable   My Question or Issue Why I can't share a song from Spotify to Instagram Story? I ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Instagram
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs I removed from "liked songs playlist still shown up

PlanPremiumDEVICE/Samsung Galaxy A71Operating System(Android 10) My Question or IssueI liked the songs from the album of Lil Tjay-Destined 2 Win.Then I tried to remove songs from my liked songs playlist,they gone,then they shown again.İt just repeate...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium DEVICE/Samsung Galaxy A71 Operating System (Android 10)   My Question or Issue I liked the songs from the album of Lil Tjay-Destined 2 Win.Then I tried to remove songs from m...
  • turxannghzd
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline-Mode on Samsung Gear App is not working!!!

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Gear S3 FrontierOperating SystemTizen/Android My Question or Issue Unfortunately the Offline-Mode ist not working in any way! Stop, it's working if I'm online (whether it's via Wi-Fi or connected via Bluetooth w...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Operating System Tizen/Android     My Question or Issue   Unfortunately the Offline-Mode ist not working in any...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice Operating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueI have Autoplay disabled. Why is the "Next up" list still populated and played? It's infuritating

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device   Operating System Android My Question or Issue I have Autoplay disabled. Why is the "Next up" list still populated and played? It's infuritating
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Increase the font size of the widget on lock screen

Plan PremiumCountrySingapore DeviceSamsung A50 Operating SystemAndroid v11, OneUi 3.1 Hi recently, I installed the latest update on my Samsung A50. Ever since then, the font size on the Spotify widget on my lock screen is really tiny.Does anyone know...

• Visitor
  • Plan   Premium Country Singapore    Device Samsung A50   Operating System Android v11, OneUi 3.1     Hi recently, I installed the latest update on my Samsun...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes