Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Problem Multi-device control samsung lockscreen

When I try to control other device from my Samsung phone on lock screen widget by example pause, next or previous song, Spotify stops playing music on the other device and start playing the music on my phone, the same issue for notification bar widge...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to control other device from my Samsung phone on lock screen widget by example pause, next or previous song, Spotify stops playing music on the other device and start playing the music on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Your Library] Option to dislike a song singer or delete from download

There is no option in the android app to dislike a singer or song. There is no option to delete from download as well. You can only hide a song from my library but can not remove the album completely. There is so much junk is lying around which gets ...

• Visitor
  • There is no option in the android app to dislike a singer or song. There is no option to delete from download as well. You can only hide a song from my library but can not remove the album completely...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android widget

How do I get the android widget back?PlanPremium/MailyCountryUkDeviceSamsung Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHow do I get the widget back without a 3rd party app

• Visitor
  • How do I get the android widget back? Plan Premium/Maily Country Uk Device Samsung Note 9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue How do I get the widget back without a 3rd...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't start on Samsung S9

PlanPremiumCountryPoladnDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9 - SM-G960FOperating SystemAndroid 10 / OneUI 2.1 After the factory reset of the phone Spotify doesn't start.I have try all the suggestion - disable the batery optymalization- allowing storage- allowing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poladn Device Samsung Galaxy S9 - SM-G960F Operating System Android 10 / OneUI 2.1  After the factory reset of the phone Spotify doesn't start. I have try all the...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 10
    s9
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcast error / can't download

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceLG G4Operating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueMy music is working as usual, but when I go to my library ...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country UK Device LG G4 Operating System Android My Questi...
  • Gpn005
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I insert music downloaded from Spotify to InShot?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am an iOS user, and I use InShot to edit videos. However, it is impossible to insert music ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am an...
  • BellaGorden
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't swich storage location

Hello,since I use a new SD-card for my phone, every time I try to change the storage location in the spotify-settings from intern to SD-card, spotify crashes immediately.When I click on storage, the next menu appears for a second, then it crashes.I t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, since I use a new SD-card for my phone, every time I try to change the storage location in the spotify-settings from intern to SD-card, spotify crashes immediately. When I click on storage, ...
  • Joel-M
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Login problem saying OFFLINE

Somehow my account was logged out and I've been having this problem from for about 2 months or more saying that I am offline, check my connection and try again.I am using Galaxy S8, Android version 9, One UI 1.0, also my region have been set as USA. ...

• Visitor
  • Somehow my account was logged out and I've been having this problem from for about 2 months or more saying that I am offline, check my connection and try again. I am using Galaxy S8, Android version...
  • vlodek
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • logged out
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

keeps playing without sound after phone call

keeps playing without sound after phone call.sometimes doesnt play at all i have to restart the app 2-3 times for it to play.i hate to pay for such silly app if i ll have to restart after each call.PlanPremiumCountryturkey Devicexaomi mi a3Operating ...

• Visitor
  • keeps playing without sound after phone call.sometimes doesnt play at all i have to restart the app 2-3 times for it to play.i hate to pay for such silly app if i ll have to restart after each call. ...
  • Joel-M
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't download my local files

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceMotorola MotoG8Operating SystemWindows 10 Home Single Language My Question or IssueSo, this method to get your music files in the mobile version of the app is not new to me, I used to do it frequently a long time ago but...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Motorola MotoG8 Operating System Windows 10 Home Single Language   My Question or Issue So, this method to get your music files in the mobile version...
  • Lucas_Gui
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Not entering car mode automatically with my device

Spotify does not enter car mode when it connects to the bluetooth FM adapter I have in my car. How do I tell Spotify that it should switch into car mode whenever my Android phone connects to it? Surely it should be as simple as choosing the device fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify does not enter car mode when it connects to the bluetooth FM adapter I have in my car.  How do I tell Spotify that it should switch into car mode whenever my Android phone connects to it...
  • Combatter
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Found a solution to virtually all Samsung Galaxy S6 Tablet I have been having.

For weeks I've had nothing but problems with Spotify (premium) on my Android tablet. Every issue you can think of pretty much. I realized that on my tablet, my Time & Date was (for whatever reason) 2 hours ahead of my actual time zone (and time zone ...

• Casual Listener
  • For weeks I've had nothing but problems with Spotify (premium) on my Android tablet. Every issue you can think of pretty much.      I realized that on my tablet, my Time & Date ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution UI changes do not happen on my older Spotify account

CountryBelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy a50Operating SystemAndroid 10 Hi! I was lately thinking about those UI changes happend at the beginning of the year. I still don't have it on my account, so I tried making another account. That new account actually ...

Screenshot_20200809-171439_Spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •     Country Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy a50 Operating System Android 10     Hi!   I was lately thinking about those UI changes happend at the beginning of the y...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution More Recently Played

This applies mostly to Android, but a little bit to the desktop as well. How do I see more than 12 items in the Recently Played tab? I'm coming from Google Play Music and so far I find Spotify to be incredibly limiting. The main way I would usually l...

• Visitor
  • This applies mostly to Android, but a little bit to the desktop as well.   How do I see more than 12 items in the Recently Played tab?   I'm coming from Google Play Music and so far I f...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stopped while opening YoWhatsApp?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Android 9, Xiaomi k20 pro) My Question or IssueI am using Spotify while working in conjunction with my Bluetooth headset. I have set my YoWhatsApp Messages-Tone to "none" but this leads to Spotify crashing when I receiv...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Android 9, Xiaomi k20 pro)   My Question or Issue I am using Spotify while working in conjunction with my Bluetooth headset. I have set my YoWhat...
  • TriciaThornton
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume through "connect to device" Bug

PlanFreeCountryEcuador My phone: OnePlus 5T Version: Android 10 Playing a song from my phone to an Amazon Echo through the "connect to a device" feature does not let me control the volume of said speaker how it's supposed to. (Check detailed explanat...

•   Plan Free Country Ecuador     My phone: OnePlus 5T   Version: Android 10   Playing a song from my phone to an Amazon Echo through the "connect to a device" featu...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Group session is Premium only but I have premium

PlanPremium DuoCountryRomaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy J5Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI got "Group session is Premium only (for now)" but I have Premium Duo.

• Plan Premium Duo Country Romania Device Samsung Galaxy J5 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I got "Group session is Premium only (for now)" but I have Premium Du...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution syncing playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGalaxy Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI noticed recently that some of my songs are greyed out on my phone, but they are not on my desktop I want to sync the playlists but I cant ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Galaxy Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I noticed recently that some of my songs are greyed out on ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution app do not work

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUKDevicexiaomiOperating SystemandroidMy Question or IssueHi everyone,Long time ago I open a spotify account. I cant open my account through my phone. Always tell me that I am offline or not connected. but I can connect through ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country UK Device xiaomi Operating System android My Question or Issue Hi everyone, Long time ago I open a spotify account. I cant open my account through my phone. Always...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs list dissapeared

PlanPremium for StudentsCountryMexicoDeviceSamsung Grand PrimeOperating SystemAndroid MarshmallowHi! This past week I've been having troubles with the Liked songs list, it just dissapeared and when I rap on it the app closes. The songs that should be...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for Students Country Mexico Device Samsung Grand Prime Operating System Android Marshmallow Hi! This past week I've been having troubles with the Liked songs list, it just dissap...
  • ValeNuñez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes