Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't browse artists top songs

I am using Samsung Galaxy A40 with Spotify version 8.5.66.1002 and I use Spotify for free. I can't seem to preview artists top songs and albums when I tap on the playlist to preview it the list of songs don't show and nothing happens.

• I am using Samsung Galaxy A40 with Spotify version 8.5.66.1002 and I use Spotify for free. I can't seem to preview artists top songs and albums when I tap on the playlist to preview it the list of so...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to login on Android

Hello, I am unable to login to Spotify and it seems like like nothing helps. Whenever I try to login via Facebook I get an error message saying "Something went wrong. Try logging in later or using your email instead" l. So that's what I do. But when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I am unable to login to Spotify and it seems like like nothing helps. Whenever I try to login via Facebook I get an error message saying "Something went wrong. Try logging in later or...
  • mikas3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Canvas feature rules! Bring it to legacy versions of android?! Android 7.0, etc!

PlanFamily/PremiumCountry USDeviceNVIDIA SHIELD TABLET K1Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 Nougat My Question or IssueCanvas feature rules! Bring it to legacy versions of android?! Android 7.0, etc!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family/Premium Country  US Device NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET K1 Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat   My Question or Issue Canvas feature rules! Bring it to legacy versions of andr...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted

• Visitor
  •    
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Huge download (2.5gb+) without opening spotify

Spotify helped itself to 2.5gb of data in the background, without being opened, and without being opened since last phone restart (last night). Wasn't streaming; as play log shows no plays, as confirmed by last.fm log. Will reinstall, but this is a v...

• Visitor
  • Spotify helped itself to 2.5gb of data in the background, without being opened, and without being opened since last phone restart (last night). Wasn't streaming; as play log shows no plays, as confir...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Having trouble switching storage to SD card

Okay, I've already read a bunch of other posts about how to do this, but I'm not having a whole lot of luck. When I go to storage in settings in the spotify app, I can see the sd card that I want it to store to, but it is grayed out. What is the deal...

• Okay, I've already read a bunch of other posts about how to do this, but I'm not having a whole lot of luck. When I go to storage in settings in the spotify app, I can see the sd card that I want it ...
  • Soccerbuddy
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

no radio on track. радио по треку нет в мобильном приложении

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

ZO93ypOel9M.jpg
  • Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Mac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[App Crash] Spotify crashes while entering any artist page

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceMeizu 15 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.2 with Flyme 7.0.1.1G(last version) My Question or IssueHelo, I have a problem, when I go to the page of any artist, the application crashes. Everything else in the application wo...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Meizu 15 Lite Operating System Android 7.1.2 with Flyme 7.0.1.1G(last version)   My Question or Issue Helo, I have a problem, when I go to the page o...
  • manwekk
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Song Suggestions Stuck on One Artist or Unrelated to Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 10, Samsung One UI 2.0 My Question or IssueI created a playlist of songs and I already knew what most of the songs on it were going to be, but I added some songs through t...

Screenshot_20200530-234550_Spotify.jpg 22497.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 10, Samsung One UI 2.0   My Question or Issue I created a playlist of songs and I already knew wha...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Recommended Songs
    Suggesting Songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song is playing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen I play the song "Running Away" by Hoobastank from the album "Hoobstank for the Oregon Trail Generation" The song "Tribute" by Tenacious D plays ins...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When I play the song "Running Away" by Hoobastank from the album "Hoobstank ...
  • jordenluke
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Bad Russian font weight

After recent update (ver. 66) Russian symbols are displayed with incorrect weight across the app. It is most noticable when a string contains both Latin and Cyrillic symbols. Cyrillic symbols have normal weight where bold weight is expected. This loo...

• Visitor
  • After recent update (ver. 66) Russian symbols are displayed with incorrect weight across the app. It is most noticable when a string contains both Latin and Cyrillic symbols.    Cyrillic ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Android 10
    font
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Ошибка в исполнителях

Русскоязычный исполнитель "AGNI" (автор песни "Ирландский кофе") смешался с другим исполнителем "Agni" 

Screenshot_20200719-235918.png
  • Русскоязычный исполнитель "AGNI" (автор песни "Ирландский кофе") смешался с другим исполнителем "Agni"  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Album list not working when offline

PremiumAndroid Oreo Since the latest update in offline mode the album list is always sorted by 'Recently added' no matter which sorting option I select. When I click on an album I get the not so very helpful error message "Something went wrong".It on...

• Music Fan
  • Premium Android Oreo   Since the latest update  in offline mode the album list is always sorted by 'Recently added' no matter which sorting option I select. When I click on an album...
  • Donkeydong5000
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Headphones button triple click issue Android

None of the below information is requireDeviceRedmi 4AOperating SystemAndroid Nougat My Question or IssueTriple click of earphones control button doesn't go to previous track anymore. This seems to have happened since an Android update, cause it trou...

• None of the below information is require Device Redmi 4A Operating System Android Nougat   My Question or Issue Triple click of earphones control button doesn't go to previous track anymo...
  • JariKool
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pirated Spotify APKs

Hey. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'm curious about one thing. Is Spotify still banning and sending warnings to users who use pirated/modded Spotify premium apks in 2020? I'm a premium user, but I'm curious because I know ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey.   I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'm curious about one thing.   Is Spotify still banning and sending warnings to users who use pirated/modded Spotify prem...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shows no more there in category podcast

Hello, I always have the Error Message "irgendetwas ist schiefgelaufe" when i try to select Shows in Podcasts. The problem consist since a few weeks. Have tried to Log in and Out ans also so Install the App nee on my redmi Note 7.

• Visitor
  •   Hello,  I always have the Error Message "irgendetwas ist schiefgelaufe" when i try to select Shows in Podcasts. The problem consist since a few weeks.  Have tried to Log in and Out...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs/albums and Liked Songs Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceLG V20Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0Spotify Version8.5.64.1046 My Question or IssueNewer downloaded songs or albums no longer appear on the Liked Songs play list. Has this functionality been removed?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device LG V20 Operating System Android 8.0.0 Spotify Version 8.5.64.1046   My Question or Issue Newer downloaded songs or albums no longer appear on th...
  • AlejoVillegas
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Recently Played section resets to the same one artist every day.

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevice(Samsung Galaxy M21, Macbook Air 2019)Operating System(Android 10, MacOS Mojave) My Question or IssueMy Recently Played section seems to reset every day, on both Android app and MacOS app, to the same one artist. Attached...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Device (Samsung Galaxy M21, Macbook Air 2019) Operating System (Android 10, MacOS Mojave)   My Question or Issue My Recently Played section seems to reset ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 10
    macOS Mojave
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I allow an artist to play?

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 7, 2019Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueSomehow I blocked an artist on the app, don't know when and now, even though the artist is not blocked anymore, I can NOT play any of her songs. The...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, 2019 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Somehow I blocked an artist on the app, don't know when and now,...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle option is not active for the song radios

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes