Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music Not Showing Up on Mobile App

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung S8+My Question or IssueI have Spotify Premium and my downloaded music is not appearing. It shows up on the web player, but my phone says I have no artists downloaded and the songs section is non-existent. I only hav...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung S8+ My Question or Issue I have Spotify Premium and my downloaded music is not appearing. It shows up on the web player, but my phone says I have no art...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Notification bar on miui 10 isn't showing the reproduction controls

The notification bar never showed the reproduction controls for spotify, nor really any notification from it. I tried to enable every switch on the settings of the app, but the option "Reproduction" doesn't switch on. When I bought the phone the repr...

• The notification bar never showed the reproduction controls for spotify, nor really any notification from it. I tried to enable every switch on the settings of the app, but the option "Reproduction" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android app green loading cicle constantly appears... and other issues

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceHTC One M9Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or IssueIf I select a song to start play, then go to album view, and then tap the back button, the Android app gets stuck on a green loading circle screen. I have t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device HTC One M9 Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue If I select a song to start play, then go to album view, and then tap the b...
  • Benyy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Single repeat turning off.

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid something (idk) My Question or IssueCan we keep repeat single on when i switch song? I usually listen to one song, then grow tired of it, then play another.I find it annoying to have to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android something (idk)   My Question or Issue Can we keep repeat single on when i switch song? I usually listen to o...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums appearing in my most recently played list do not work

PlanPremiumCountryMaltaDevice(iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 11) My Question or IssueHi Team I have noticed a number of very strange additions to the ios app, my "recently played" tracks will not open and play when offline even though they are saved ...

• Plan Premium Country Malta Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 11)   My Question or Issue Hi Team    I have noticed a number of very strange additions to the ios app, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for Family won't allow downloads

My family member on a family plan can't download songs for offline use using the app on his android phone, but can download it properly if he's using a desktop pc. Please help? TIA.

• Casual Listener
  • My family member on a family plan can't download songs for offline use using the app on his android phone, but can download it properly if he's using a desktop pc. Please help? TIA.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Playlists

So, I recently exceeded my playlist on Spotify. Now, I want to continue this playlist in a second part. Now here is where my problem lies: I don't want to have the same tracks from the first one be on the second one. I wish there was a way to "Skip D...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I recently exceeded my playlist on Spotify. Now, I want to continue this playlist in a second part. Now here is where my problem lies: I don't want to have the same tracks from the first one...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

After the most recent update of my Galaxy s9 keeps pausing only when using my car's bluetooth.

PlanPremiumCountry Japan DeviceGalaxy s9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAfter the most recent update of my Galaxy s9 (13th March), keeps pausing only when using my car's bluetooth. It pauses randomly multiple times throughout every song I...

•   Plan Premium Country  Japan   Device Galaxy s9 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue After the most recent update of my Galaxy s9 (13th March), keeps...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bluetooth problems
    Car
    Galaxy S9
    pauses
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The infinite monkey cage

Help, I am trying to listen to the infinite monkey cage on a Google home mini speaker. When I say play the infinite monkey cage it says it is not possible. When I load the podcast up on my phone and attempt to connect to the Google mini device they d...

• Help, I am trying to listen to the infinite monkey cage on a Google home mini speaker. When I say play the infinite monkey cage it says it is not possible.   When I load the podcast up on my p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Podcasts monkey cage
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot change music/start/pause music on Samsung Galaxy 9+ unless app is open on phone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have not been able to change my music, start music or pause music via bluetooth unless the app is physically open on my phone. All bluetooth devices s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have not been able to change my music, start music or pause music via blue...
  • Bdpauley
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Turning of Shuffle Play on Android

I have been using Spotify for a few months but always in Shuffle. I have checked the forums which all say to click on the linking arrows in the menu of the playing song or at the top of the playlist but mine does nothing at the top and on each indivi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify for a few months but always in Shuffle. I have checked the forums which all say to click on the linking arrows in the menu of the playing song or at the top of the playlist ...
  • mosohodPeti
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Delete cache and saved data" not in my settings

"Delete cache and saved data""Delete cache and saved data""Delete cache and saved data"None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMoto G P...

• Casual Listener
  • "Delete cache and saved data""Delete cache and saved data""Delete cache and saved data"None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 9 spotify starts at the end of a call

Just upgraded from an S7 edge to a Note 9, as soon as spotify was installed it started launching at the end of every call and it's driving me round the bend, my wife has a Note 9 too and is having the same issue, I thought this had long since been re...

• Just upgraded from an S7 edge to a Note 9, as soon as spotify was installed it started launching at the end of every call and it's driving me round the bend, my wife has a Note 9 too and is having th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting stuck when using bluetooth in car.

I have a premium plan and I am using a Samsung galaxy S9+ with the latest firmware. I connect to my 2013 Ford Explorer via bluetooth. I have steering wheel controls for volume and skipping. When it first starts streaming everything is fine but after ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium plan and I am using a Samsung galaxy S9+ with the latest firmware.  I connect to my 2013 Ford Explorer via bluetooth.  I have steering wheel controls for volume and skippin...
  • Maccle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Missing Repeat button

Recently downloaded spotify and I love it, but I noticed that the andriod app on my chromebook is different than the one on my Moto 6 play in that there is no repeat single track button. I've looked around and it sttaes to look inside the ... Of the ...

• Recently downloaded spotify and I love it, but I noticed that the andriod app on my chromebook is different than the one on my Moto 6 play in that there is no repeat single track button. I've looked ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • repeat
    Repeat one
    Troubleshooting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't use the lock feature for my Huawei mate 20 Lite

I just can't use the lock feature for playing and pause music. I tried everything. It's realy irritating me. I just got my phone since 4 days o I just installed spotify so I dont think its necessary to download spotify again.. Can someone help me. Pr...

• I just can't use the lock feature for playing and pause music. I tried everything. It's realy irritating me. I just got my phone since 4 days o I just installed spotify so I dont think its necessary ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing new UI

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceNokia 7 plusOperating System Android 9.0My Question or IssueI haven't,yet, the new UI of now playing screen,as seen in the attached screenshot.

• Plan Premium Country Greece Device Nokia 7 plus Operating System  Android 9.0 My Question or Issue I haven't,yet, the new UI of  now playing screen,as seen in the attached screensh...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Riverdale soundtrack not available on Spotify app

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung galaxy J6 Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueHey, I just wanted you to know that none of the songs from Riverdale (The CW show) are available for access on the app in India. It'll be really helpful if yo...

• Plan Free Country India Device Samsung galaxy J6  Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Hey, I just wanted you to know that none of the songs from Riverdale (The CW sh...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly looses conenction when playing over any other device

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevice :Pixel 3Operating SystemLatest android My Question or Issue1 or 2 songs on other device and I need to relaunch the app to control it again , this is annoying as **bleep** .

• Plan Premium Country Israel Device : Pixel 3 Operating System Latest android   My Question or Issue 1 or 2 songs on other device and I need to relaunch the app to control it again , th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio not endless any more

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGalaxy S7 & DesktopOperating SystemLineageOS 15.1 & Ubuntu 18.10 My Question or IssueWhen reaching the end of a radio playlist, usually new tracks would load. This is not the case any more.

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Galaxy S7 & Desktop Operating System LineageOS 15.1 & Ubuntu 18.10   My Question or Issue When reaching the end of a radio playlist, usually...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes