Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - better Volume adjusting in Desktop and Android app

Volume adjusting is disgusting when using Spotify Apps with Spotify Connect and when having HiFi. Could Volume Controll be set more accurate (Implement a greater Volume Bar) or better, interconnected to the media volume contoll on the device that is ...

• Volume adjusting is disgusting when using Spotify Apps with Spotify Connect and when having HiFi. Could Volume Controll be set more accurate (Implement a greater Volume Bar) or better, interconnected...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

My home screen has gone blank but all the other app funtions work.

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue My home page has gone blank. Everything else works fine. I used to enjoy the daily mixes which have now disappeared along with my home screen (becau...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  My home page has gone blank. Everything else works fine. I used to ...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Android
    Blank
    blank home
    blank home screen
    Samsung
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

After downloading 500 songs and reboot,

I have to re-download again PlanPremium CountrySingapore DeviceFiio X7 MkII Operating SystemAndroid 5.1.1 My Question or IssueAs per subject titled, after downloading and when I reboots I have to re-download again. I've already tried to uninstall app...

• Regular
  • I have to re-download again   Plan Premium   Country Singapore   Device Fiio X7 MkII   Operating System Android 5.1.1   My Question or Issue As per subject t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file issue between phone and desktop

I've opened up another pathway for Spotify to find music I've downloaded that aren't on spotify itself, but my phone can't play or see them. How do I make it to where my phone can play the local files folder that my computer can detect?

• I've opened up another pathway for Spotify to find music I've downloaded that aren't on spotify itself, but my phone can't play or see them. How do I make it to where my phone can play the local file...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to install Spotify in Rca Tablet

Hi,If you are planning to install spotify app in you RCA tablet then follow these stepSing into your Google AccountGo to Play StoreType Spotify in Search AreaClick on InstallThen fo to the Home MenueClick on Spotify IconSign inNow you can use Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, If you are planning to install spotify app in you RCA tablet then follow these step Sing into your Google Account Go to Play Store Type Spotify in Search Area Click on Install Then fo to th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to install Spotify in Rca Tablet

Hi,If you are planning to install spotify app in you RCA tablet then follow these step Sing into your Google Account Go to Play Store Type Spotify in Search Area Click on InstallThen fo to the Home Menue Click on Spotify Icon Sign in Now you can use ...

surf-free-tablet.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi, If you are planning to install spotify app in you RCA tablet then follow these step  Sing into your Google Account  Go to Play Store  Type Spotify in Search Area ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Filter Glitch

My Question or Issue When using the "Recently Added" filter on my playlist, it shows about 10 songs I added months ago before actually showing my most recently added songs.

•  My Question or Issue  When using the "Recently Added" filter on my playlist, it shows about 10 songs I added months ago before actually showing my most recently added songs. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

3 30 second ads in a row on Android

PlanFreeCountry USDeviceLG Q7+Operating SystemAndroid OS My Question or Issue I'm fed up with Spotify playing 3-5 ads in a row. How do I fix it without buying premium?

•   Plan Free Country  US Device LG Q7+ Operating System Android OS   My Question or Issue  I'm fed up with Spotify playing 3-5 ads in a row. How do I fix it without buyi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify resets settings

PlanPremiumCountry Germany DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue Hi, I already posted my issue about two months ago and the help I got didn't solve the problem. Hopefully a Spotify collaborator sees my post.Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Germany  Device Samsung Galaxy S7  Operating System Android 8.0.0    My Question or Issue  Hi,  I already posted my issue a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • settings
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle rubbish?

My Question or Issue Currently trying Spotify Premium on a free trial and I cannot believe listeners were complaining about the 'shuffle' function 4/5 years ago and it has still not been resolved! I made a playlist of 80 songs, consisting of 3 full a...

• Music Fan
  •     My Question or Issue  Currently trying Spotify Premium on a free trial and I cannot believe listeners were complaining about the 'shuffle' function 4/5 years ago and it has stil...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Please put the radio button back on the menu.

I only listen to radio, and I can't remember the names of my radio stations. I used to be able to open the app comma press the radio button, choose the station I want from the list of recently listened to stations comma and enjoy my music. Now I have...

• Regular
  • I only listen to radio, and I can't remember the names of my radio stations. I used to be able to open the app comma press the radio button, choose the station I want from the list of recently listen...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

My Daily Made for You playlists 1-6 never load unable to use

I've been having this problem intermittently from day 1 but it usually wasnt enough to go looking for answers until nowI've been using Samsung Galaxy S7,s7 edge, Note 5,Note 8 and now the new note 9. Wasnt until the last few months of the note 8 that...

• Gig Goer
  • I've been having this problem intermittently from day 1 but it usually wasnt enough to go looking for answers until now I've been using Samsung Galaxy S7,s7 edge, Note 5,Note 8 and now the new note ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    Bug Playlist
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Play on Spotify" button not working!

Premium, UK, Samsung S8, Oreo My Question or Issue: When I am sent music through Facebook messenger I am only able to play a short 30 second clip. If I press play on Spotify instead of bringing me to the full song on my spotify app, I am just brought...

• Premium, UK, Samsung S8, Oreo   My Question or Issue:   When I am sent music through Facebook messenger I am only able to play a short 30 second clip. If I press play on Spotify instead...
  • ziekrage
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • button
    Facebook
    Play
    send
    sharing
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily mix not working

DeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueHello,When I search for "Daily Mix" on my phone (and on desktop as well), I get a blank screen (on desktop I get a 404 error), is it down or something?Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  •   Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 9.0  My Question or Issue Hello, When I search for "Daily Mix" on my phone (and on desktop as well), I get a blank screen (on desktop I ge...
  • Ice_machinE
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify control issue with lg v20

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceLg v20Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Just today i noticed that lg v20 does not seem to be able to control spotify using its music player from the second screen. It was working fine until today. Im pretty su...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Lg v20 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Just today i noticed that lg v20 does not seem to be able to control spotify u...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Free and Premium UI

Spoiler (Highlight to read) My issue is with the UI for premium users and free users. Free users have been given a new updated and premium looking ui with the 25th of October 2018 update. It looks much sleeker and fresh. I find it unusual that users ...

• Casual Listener
  •   My issue is with the UI for premium users and free users. Free users have been given a new updated and premium looking ui with the 25th of October 2018 update. It looks much sleeker and fresh...
  • Ak5ha7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • display
    display screen
    free streaming
    Premium accounts
    Premium library issues
    UI
    UI Bug
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! casting to chromecast from android broken on spotify update

Plan Free Country Australia Device: Nexus 6p and Samsung Galaxy s4My Question or IssueCasting to chromecast 2 from Android device (either nexus 6p on android 8 or Samsung s4 on 4.2) is broken in the latest update. I can cast fine to both my chromecas...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device: Nexus 6p and Samsung Galaxy s4 My Question or Issue Casting to chromecast 2 from Android device (either nexus 6p on android 8 or Samsung s4 on 4.2...
  • bonhom
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tapping "Storage" not working to download on SD card

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceNokia 6 32GBOperating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or IssueHi everyone,I can't seem to save my downloads on my SD card. I have plenty of room on it, but the Spotify app won't let me tap Storage to choose where I want ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Nokia 6 32GB Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue Hi everyone, I can't seem to save my downloads on my SD card. I have plenty of ro...
  • Bas18
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Can't download songs on app, Album art doesn't show

PlanPremium for StudentsCountry PhilippinesDevicesSamsung Galaxy J6, Acer Aspire E15Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or Issue[Long post ahead] I purchased Premium for Students 2 days ago, and I'm enjoying it so much. Now, the Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for Students Country  Philippines Devices Samsung Galaxy J6, Acer Aspire E15 Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue [Long post ahead] ...
  • realpoulyn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Go online to view menu even tho im online

PlanPremiumCountry CyprusDeviceSamsung galaxy s9+Operating SystemLatest android one My Question or Issue Basically i tried to view a song from 2pac today and it wouldnt load. So i went to the artist and that wouldnt load either. So i went to the foru...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Cyprus Device Samsung galaxy s9+ Operating System Latest android one   My Question or Issue  Basically i tried to view a song from 2pac today and it wou...
  • Theokougia
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes