Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Made for you daily mix

Hi ive read that the free version now allows unlimited skips and pick the track on the daily mixs yet on my phone this is not the case but on a friends phone they can ? I have latest update on galaxy s6 ?

• Hi ive read that the free version now allows unlimited skips and pick the track on the daily mixs yet on my phone this is not the case but on a friends phone they can ?   I have latest update ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play on last update

Since the last main update, my playlist are supposed to play on shuffle (as it reminds every time, telling you to suscribe to premium if you DO NOT WANT to shuffle) but they play in order, maybe skipping one or two songs if so. The result: always lis...

• Music Fan
  • Since the last main update, my playlist are supposed to play on shuffle (as it reminds every time, telling you to suscribe to premium if you DO NOT WANT to shuffle) but they play in order, maybe skip...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing when using SD Card

Since the recent upate Spotify (Premium) constantly crashes when I try to use an SD card for storage. The app recognises my SD Card and will allow me to select it but as soon as the app starts it crashes again. If I select the onboard storage the app...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the recent upate Spotify (Premium) constantly crashes when I try to use an SD card for storage. The app recognises my SD Card and will allow me to select it but as soon as the app starts it cra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification won't go away

I can't remove this notification. When I open the app, there are no notifications to be found, so I don't know what it's an indicator of. There's nothing in the status bar, only this icon on the app.

• I can't remove this notification. When I open the app, there are no notifications to be found, so I don't know what it's an indicator of. There's nothing in the status bar, only this icon on the app.
  • Yori
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

error spotify

Cant play music when I search on my playslist ,when I found the song, it sound another track from my playlist other erro, some of my track where delate

• Cant play music when I search on my playslist ,when I found the song, it sound another track from my playlist other erro, some of my track where delate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] [Playlists] Mobile app doesn't support playlist folders

Dear Spotify support, I have updated the mobile app using Play Store, and in its last version I cannot simply take a look at playlist folders. All the playlists are shown in the one root folder instead. I have hundreds of playlists and this it critic...

• Roadie
  • ...older instead. I have hundreds of playlists and this it critical for me to have them grouped and sorted. Besides that there used to be an option to view only public playlists. It is impossible now. In t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist problems

Before today, I was able to sort my playlist by artist and then it would sort those artists in alphabetical order, and then sort their albums in alphabetical order, and then have the songs as a tracklist. Today however, my playlist when sorted by art...

• Before today, I was able to sort my playlist by artist and then it would sort those artists in alphabetical order, and then sort their albums in alphabetical order, and then have the songs as a track...
  • frinzi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Filter Feature Problem

Recently I was listening to my Playlist when I noticed something strange. The first song on my Playlist is called Dead Man Walking (Overture II) and on my playlist, I decided to filter the songs so I could only listen to Three Days Grace. However whe...

• Recently I was listening to my Playlist when I noticed something strange. The first song on my Playlist is called Dead Man Walking (Overture II) and on my playlist, I decided to filter the songs so I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio station error

I can't get any of the radio stations to work I tried restarting and even reinstalling the app still nothing.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get any of the radio stations to work I tried restarting and even reinstalling the app still nothing.
  • lostmonkey
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random songs based on what I have in my playlist being added to my playlist?

Hey there folks. Sorry for bothering any and all of you with this situation I am currently having this evening. I recently had my Spotify app update to whatever version it is currently. I am on a Motorola Moto Z Force running Android 7.1.1. While the...

• Hey there folks. Sorry for bothering any and all of you with this situation I am currently having this evening.   I recently had my Spotify app update to whatever version it is currently. I am...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist being switched without permission

My playlist has started switching in the middle to a music album. While I did have said album saved to my library. I would start playing a separate playlist and with a minute or a song played it switches to this album. I logged out everywhere and cha...

• My playlist has started switching in the middle to a music album.  While I did have said album saved to my library. I would start playing a separate playlist and with a minute or a song played i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Die drei fragezeichen hörbuch

Hallo, Ich kann im Filter in der drei fragezeichen Playlist noch die Folgen auswählen die ich hören möchte leider startet aber immer die erste Folge egal welche auswähleBsp: gebe im Filter ein: 067, drücke dann auf den ersten track aber es kommt das ...

• Hallo,  Ich kann im Filter in der drei fragezeichen Playlist noch die Folgen auswählen die ich hören möchte leider startet aber immer die erste Folge egal welche auswähle Bsp: gebe im Filter e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist filter doesnt work?

I have a problem with the filter, I'll give you an example because I dont know how to explain it.If I have my playlist in alphabetical order (a-z) and I want a song of black sabbath, the filter works itself, the problem is that when I want to play th...

• I have a problem with the filter, I'll give you an example because I dont know how to explain it. If I have my playlist in alphabetical order (a-z) and I want a song of black sabbath, the filter wor...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lagging and closing

So it was only until yesterday where my spotify would lag when opening, and lag when navigating through the app, then after around 10 seconds the app just closes, without any message, i have tried everything, closing the app, fresh install, clear app...

• So it was only until yesterday where my spotify would lag when opening, and lag when navigating through the app, then after around 10 seconds the app just closes, without any message, i have tried ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Crash
    Huawei P10 lite
    Lagging
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG][Android]Local files do not seek properly

I have some song versions on my PC (ripped from CDs, etc), which do not exist on spotify. I add them to Local files filder on spotify on PC, and then add to playlist. When playing on a PC, everything works OK, tracks play, seek (jump to the middle of...

• Regular
  • I have some song versions on my PC (ripped from CDs, etc), which do not exist on spotify. I add them to Local files filder on spotify on PC, and then add to playlist. When playing on a PC, everything...
  • Agent_0013
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Problem

I have a premium account and when im using a playlist it doesn't let me play a specific song in the playlist. When I press the song I searched for, it starts the first song in the playlist. Im using a Galaxy S9 and I have this problem on all the play...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account and when im using a playlist it doesn't let me play a specific song in the playlist. When I press the song I searched for, it starts the first song in the playlist. Im using ...
  • jodolfo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is only playing 30 seconds of a song. Why?

This is happening on both an apple device and an Android. Can't play a full song unless I hit shuffle. On my desktop it plays fine. Now I wouldn't mind shuffle, if the following wasn't ALSO happening. How on earth do I get spotify to stop adding song...

• Casual Listener
  • This is happening on both an apple device and an Android.  Can't play a full song unless I hit shuffle.  On my desktop it plays fine.   Now I wouldn't mind shuffle, if the following ...
  • MrHeisenberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Missing tons of music?!?!?!?!?

I've been a longtime subscriber of spotify premium and until today have never hsd any issues with the app. As an avid music lover I have spent a lot of time developing many playlists for different vibes and atmospheres. I was about to go on a run jus...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a longtime subscriber of spotify premium and until today have never hsd any issues with the app. As an avid music lover I have spent a lot of time developing many playlists for different vi...
  • Swk10
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Ok Google on spotify

Is there a command in ok google with which you can play the section of all the songs?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a command in ok google with which you can play the section of all the songs?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes