Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Dislike" button has no effect

I don't like the band Yo La Tengo. I tell this to Spotify repeatedly via the dislike button (both song and artist). This band persists in appearing in my daily mix. Either: 1) Daily Mix is not updating and/or2) Dislike button does not work What is ha...

• Visitor
  • I don't like the band Yo La Tengo. I tell this to Spotify repeatedly via the dislike button (both song and artist). This band persists in appearing in my daily mix.   Either:   1) Daily...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify reverting to default settings

Every time my phone goes to sleep my Spotify app will revert to it's default settings, and I have to log back in. All my downloaded music needs downloading again, I have to change the download quality and the cross fade goes back to zero. My playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time my phone goes to sleep my Spotify app will revert to it's default settings, and I have to log back in.  All my downloaded music needs downloading again, I have to change the download ...
  • Mrfarnow
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Displaying a song, refusing to play it.

So, i have just discovered that my spotify will display an explicit song, and refuses to play it. However, it allows me to play any other explicit song? I looked through my settings, and the "allow explicit content" button is on. I still cannot play ...

• So, i have just discovered that my spotify will display an explicit song, and refuses to play it. However, it allows me to play any other explicit song? I looked through my settings, and the "allow e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

First song of an album repeats when playing with Connect

Whenever I add an album to my phone through Connect via my computer the first track will always get queued up twice, and most times I won't notice until it starts playing again after it's done the first time around. This isn't a dealbreaker but a mil...

• Community Legend
  • Whenever I add an album to my phone through Connect via my computer the first track will always get queued up twice, and most times I won't notice until it starts playing again after it's done the fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify through bluetooth in car not loading entire playlist

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. After getting a new phone (Pixel 2xl), whenever I play music through spotify in my car, instead of loading the whole playlist, it loads just one song. What I mean is, it'll play the song, and show all th...

• Regular
  • I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. After getting a new phone (Pixel 2xl), whenever I play music through spotify in my car, instead of loading the whole playlist, it loads just one song. W...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't fallow artists

I can't fallow artists.if I get back and go again to the artist, they aren't fallowed. I've done a restart, but there is still the same problem

• I can't fallow artists.if I get back and go again to the artist, they aren't fallowed. I've done a restart, but there is still the same problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads suddenly disappearing

My downloads are simply disappearing. I've checked the list of causes that can create the problem, but my device,and SD card are working fine and the app is updated. Every time I try to transfer my songs to the SD card, the downloads immediately are ...

• My downloads are simply disappearing. I've checked the list of causes that can create the problem, but my device, and SD card are working fine and the app is updated. Every time I try to transfer my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is my Discover Weekly playlist ruined forever?

I honestly have no clue why this happened and I would like to know if there's anything I can do to "restore" it somehow. One more thing, I accidentally "banned" one of my favorite artist from one Daily Mix playlist. Once again, anything to be done to...

• Casual Listener
  • I honestly have no clue why this happened and I would like to know if there's anything I can do to "restore" it somehow.   One more thing, I accidentally "banned" one of my favorite artist fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

App always stops working mid song

For the past few months, my app completely breaks down out of nowhere. It usually (but not always) happens during the first song. I am unable to change or pause the song, and nothing shows up on the interface, just the loading wheel for every screen....

• For the past few months, my app completely breaks down out of nowhere. It usually (but not always) happens during the first song. I am unable to change or pause the song, and nothing shows up on the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disabling spotify when using vr

Need help disabling spotify when playing games or watching movies on vr. Spotify keeps auto playing once it connects to my vr device. Using galaxy s8

• Need help disabling spotify when playing games or watching movies on vr. Spotify keeps auto playing once it connects to my vr device. Using galaxy s8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay not working

Autoplay is not working since I have a p10 lite. It is on in the settings. I already tried to uncheck autoplay and recheck ist also I tried a restart.

• Autoplay is not working since I have a p10 lite. It is on in the settings. I already tried to uncheck autoplay and recheck ist also I tried a restart. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Grayed Out Song/ Losing Playlists/ Syncing

Okay, so I have three issues that have been happening rather frequently and it's getting annoying.1. There is a song in my main playlist that is grayed out and I can't remove it from the playlist. I do know that it's a local music file that I have on...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, so I have three issues that have been happening rather frequently and it's getting annoying. 1. There is a song in my main playlist that is grayed out and I can't remove it from the playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android auto starting

I don't really understand why the android service always listens even when I have exited spotify. If I play music on desktop the app feels entitled to actually start up on the phone automatically and take over media controls on the phone. It feels in...

• Regular
  • I don't really understand why the android service always listens even when I have exited spotify. If I play music on desktop the app feels entitled to actually start up on the phone automat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Non-Spotify songs skip when skipping through song.

I added multiple local files to spotify on my phone and it worked fine but now I have an issue where if I try to skip to anywhere in a non-spotify track it will skip to the end of the track and play the next one.

• I added multiple local files to spotify on my phone and it worked fine but now I have an issue where if I try to skip to anywhere in a non-spotify track it will skip to the end of the track and play ...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Playlists Not Shuffling Correctly on Android Only

A couple of days ago I updated my phone's Spotify app, and ever since the update Shuffle Play has not been working correctly. Here are the details of the problem:One of my playlists (All The Songs!, embedded below) is stuck only shuffling the first 9...

• Regular
  • A couple of days ago I updated my phone's Spotify app, and ever since the update Shuffle Play has not been working correctly.  Here are the details of the problem: One of my playlists (Al...
  • The_Gorm
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    shuffle
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Audio Settings

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7.The volume control (adjusting it for your environment) is greyed out for me as of the last few days. I was able to use it for...idk, ever since it appeared, or close atleast. I have looked on google but no relatively easy r...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7. The volume control (adjusting it for your environment) is greyed out for me as of the last few days. I was able to use it for...idk, ever since it appeared, or close atle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Audio Effects
    Greyed
    Premium
    Volume Control
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

432hz Option pls

Hi i Need a Option vor Hear Musik from Spotify in 432hz or a App to tune all Output from phone in 432hz Hi brauche eine Option um Musik in Spotify in 432hz zu hören. Oder eine Option um den gesamten Output in 432hz umzustellen.

• Hi i Need a Option vor Hear Musik from Spotify in 432hz or a App to tune all Output from phone in 432hz   Hi brauche eine Option um Musik in Spotify in 432hz zu hören. Oder eine Option um den ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify deja de reconocer la SD luego de unos minutos

Spotify deja de reconocerme la SD luego de unos minutos luego de bajar algunas canciones, pensé que podía ser un problema de mi equipo pero voy a la configuración de Android y la tarjeta sigue ahí y puedo usarla con normalidad.Después de descargar al...

• Spotify deja de reconocerme la SD luego de unos minutos luego de bajar algunas canciones, pensé que podía ser un problema de mi equipo pero voy a la configuración de Android y la tarjeta sigue ahí y ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify reverting back to the previous version

I have spotify free on a Galaxy s8, yesterday it finally updated to the new free version (with playlists where u can choose whatever without shuffling), but today I went on spotify and it had reverted back to the old version. Why did this happen?

• I have spotify free on a Galaxy s8, yesterday it finally updated to the new free version (with playlists where u can choose whatever without shuffling), but today I went on spotify and it had reverte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes