Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify stops playing when I connect my Meizu to radio with jack 3.5!

Hello,I have this problme and it´s gonna make me crazy! I used to plugged my phone (Meizu M2 mini) to the car radio with the jack connection, but the spotify stops. Can anyone help me please?Thanks

• Hello, I have this problme and it´s gonna make me crazy! I used to plugged my phone (Meizu M2 mini) to the car radio with the jack connection, but the spotify stops.  Can anyone help me pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Recently played artists not updating

Last update erases my 5 gyga songs files. Made me so mad. On top, the possibility to save my music in memory card has disappeared, I just can do it in the phone's intermal memory which is impossible due to space matters, what on earth has happened???...

• Last update erases my 5 gyga songs files. Made me so mad. On top, the possibility to save my music in memory card has disappeared, I just can do it in the phone's intermal memory which is impossible ...
  • Djmanx3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

incorrect sorting podcast episodes

Hi all, since today my podcast is available on Spotify.https://open.spotify.com/show/76MEZewHkzFsYF5OGUqv5pUnfortunately it exists an issue with episode sorting in the android app (v8.4.50.644).The sorting from old to new is correct, but the sorting ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   since today my podcast is available on Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/show/76MEZewHkzFsYF5OGUqv5p Unfortunately it exists an issue with episode sorting in th...
  • DonMariachiRock
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

In den Einstellungen keine Speicher Wahl vorhanden

Also ich habe eine 64GB Speicherkarte in meinem Smartphone drin und will die Musik von Spotify auf die SD Karte übertragen, da mein interner Speicher langsam voll wird. Aber die Kategorie 'Speicher' finde ich in meinen Einstellungen nicht, was kann i...

• Also ich habe eine 64GB Speicherkarte in meinem Smartphone drin und will die Musik von Spotify auf die SD Karte übertragen, da mein interner Speicher langsam voll wird. Aber die Kategorie 'Speicher' ...
  • hoffa4
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not transferring to new phone.

I have changed to a new phone. After the app was installed I logged in. All of my music is there but my premium subscription isn't. It still works on my old phone but can't get it to work on the new phone. This is after logging out of my old phone. S...

• Casual Listener
  • I have changed to a new phone. After the app was installed I logged in. All of my music is there but my premium subscription isn't. It still works on my old phone but can't get it to work on the new ...
  • Mickybb
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs stored in external memory unplayable

Im running an android v6.0.1. and im having a problem with the recent update/s. Previously they have a storage option where we can chose where songs would be stored. After updating, the option is gone and decides to create its main folder on my poor ...

• Im running an android v6.0.1. and im having a problem with the recent update/s. Previously they have a storage option where we can chose where songs would be stored. After updating, the option is gon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Subscription cancelled

Well, that's my subscription cancelled! If it aint working, I aint paying. Shame because I've been a paying user since the early days, but while users are still paying, there doesn't seem to be any motivation to improve the service. Vote with your wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Well, that's my subscription cancelled!   If it aint working, I aint paying.   Shame because I've been a paying user since the early days, but while users are still paying, there doesn'...
  • Misstina73
  • 51 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 51 replies
  • 28 likes

Can't skip when casting

When casting to my Vizio TV with Chromecast built in, if I press play, pause, or skip, it disconnects from Chromecast. The only way to cast is to start playing a song on my phone and then press other devices and click on my TV. And then I cannot skip...

• Casual Listener
  • When casting to my Vizio TV with Chromecast built in, if I press play, pause, or skip, it disconnects from Chromecast. The only way to cast is to start playing a song on my phone and then press other...
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution BUG!? Cannot start playlist using the filter bar

OK, that problem sounds very stupid but I don't get it. What is the most efficient and reliable way to start a playlist choosing a song with the above filter bar? Cause when I do so the playlist is an endless loop of just this one song. Additional ta...

• Regular
  • OK, that problem sounds very stupid but I don't get it.   What is the most efficient and reliable way to start a playlist choosing a song with the above filter bar? Cause when I do so the...
  • Bäär
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a smartwatch to remote spotify

Hi, I'm considering buying an android smartwatch to primary use it as a remote controller for my spotify app. Going through my library, shuffle song, skip song and so on. But i'm total lost and I saw that some of android smartwatch don't support spot...

• Hi,   I'm considering buying an android smartwatch to primary use it as a remote controller for my spotify app. Going through my library, shuffle song, skip song and so on. But i'm total lost ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android notification control

On Android, since the most recent app update, the notification and lock screen controls randomly appear, when I am not playing music. There seems to be no pattern as to when it happens. Does anyone how to keep this from happening?

• On Android, since the most recent app update, the notification and lock screen controls randomly appear, when I am not playing music. There seems to be no pattern as to when it happens. Does anyone h...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

The new update on Android

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the new update.You can't listen to saved songs, the whole app is now way more complicated.You can't even look at the songs in your playlist.Please help

• Am I the only one who absolutely hates the new update. You can't listen to saved songs, the whole app is now way more complicated. You can't even look at the songs in your playlist. Please help &...
  • JakeAdams
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Album art missing on local files

When I add music to my local files, the music lacks album art. I added them manually through mp3tag. They work on neither Windows nor Android. What do I do to fix this?

• Visitor
  • When I add music to my local files, the music lacks album art. I added them manually through mp3tag. They work on neither Windows nor Android. What do I do to fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when using Polar A370 heart rate monitor

Devices: Samsung S7, bluetooh headphones, Polar A370 wrist heart monitor Problem: Spotify occasionally stops playing while I'm using bluetooth head phones during a workout. It's annoying, but closing the app and turning headphones off and on usually ...

• Devices: Samsung S7, bluetooh headphones, Polar A370 wrist heart monitor   Problem: Spotify occasionally stops playing while I'm using bluetooth head phones during a workout. It's annoying, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

explicit content button

I would like the option to remove the (report explicit content) button.I scroll to bottom to play song radio and hit this button by mistake. i dont wanna report any content and feel the option to remove this button should up to the user.btw love spot...

• I would like the option to remove the (report explicit content) button. I scroll to bottom to play song radio and hit this button by mistake. i dont wanna report any content and feel the option to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloads stuck at 0%

Hi, I'm unable to download any music offline on my Android device. The download stays at "0 of 1080 (0%)". Things I've tried:- Switching WiFi networks- Removing the cache- Reinstalling the app- Removing all offline devices from the account page All w...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I'm unable to download any music offline on my Android device. The download stays at "0 of 1080 (0%)".   Things I've tried: - Switching WiFi networks - Removing the cache - Rei...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not work in my Moto M

I'm trying to use Spotify on my Moto M but whe I try to play a song it does not work, the only thing that appears is the name of the song and the pause button but id does not reproduce the song.

• I'm trying to use Spotify on my Moto M but whe I try to play a song it does not work, the only thing that appears is the name of the song and the pause button but id does not reproduce the song.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant login to my samsung app

Hi all, I can't Login to my app account. I live in India at the moment so i tried to change the "country" from UK to India but i cant. The only option i can sellect is UK. Thanks in advance

• Hi all,    I can't Login to my app account. I live in India at the moment so i tried to change the "country" from UK to India but i cant. The only option i can sellect is UK.  &nbsp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes/stops playing music randomly on Google Pixel 2

Just switched to Pixel 2. Spotify would randomly skip songs or freeze. I've tried to reinstall twice and nothing seems to work. How do I fix this issue?

• Just switched to Pixel 2. Spotify would randomly skip songs or freeze. I've tried to reinstall twice and nothing seems to work. How do I fix this issue?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Equalizer for Android

What happened to the Equalizer since the last Android update. Seems to be gone. Chatted with Spotify expert who told be to reinstall. Same issue after reinstall. Did it move?

• What happened to the Equalizer since the last Android update.  Seems to be gone.  Chatted with Spotify expert who told be to reinstall.  Same issue after reinstall.  Did it m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes