Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mixes disappear after going Premium. No Radio feature.

I'm a user from Vietnam. After subcribing to Premium, my Daily Mix playlists AND the Favourite playlist (which were available in Free mode) disappeared. And also there is no Radio feature in the app. Those features are the ones I'm most excited about...

• I'm a user from Vietnam. After subcribing to Premium, my Daily Mix playlists AND the Favourite playlist (which were available in Free mode) disappeared. And also there is no Radio feature in the app....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Song listed is not the song being played

The song that Spotify shows as being currently played is not the song that it plays for me. The song in question is Way Down We Go by Kaleo. Instead of this, it plays what seems to be Japanese powermetal. I know the Kaleo song but what it plays inste...

• The song that Spotify shows as being currently played is not the song that it plays for me. The song in question is Way Down We Go by Kaleo. Instead of this, it plays what seems to be Japanese powerm...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs that I can't play nor delete on phone

I use Spotify Premium on my Samsung s7, and often add music via local files. I have a few songs that are greyed out in my phone, unplayable, but do not exist on my computer. I cannot delete them; the only option it gives me is to Save. I had to clear...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify Premium on my Samsung s7, and often add music via local files. I have a few songs that are greyed out in my phone, unplayable, but do not exist on my computer. I cannot delete them; the...
  • HydraRaptor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify ocupando muita memoria de armazenamento

Estou reparando ja faz tempo que, com apenas 50 musicas, meu app está com incríveis 7.69gb de tamanho, algo está errado, por favor alguém poderia me ajudar?

• Estou reparando ja faz tempo que, com apenas 50 musicas, meu app está com incríveis 7.69gb de tamanho, algo está errado, por favor alguém poderia me ajudar?
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist wont shuffle or play all the songs in my playlist

When I listen to a playlist it' always the same songs and I check and I have alot more that haven't even been played yet and thats with every playlist I have please help or give me advice

• When I listen to a playlist it' always the same songs and I check and I have alot more that haven't even been played yet and thats with every playlist I have please help or give me advice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove(preferred) or disable the Shuffle Play button?

Currently running the 0.7.4.608 version and when I open a playlist I am visually assulted by this big green 'Shuffle Play' button. I never use this feature and am starting to have some anger issues since this has been added. This thing is HUGE and ta...

• Currently running the  0.7.4.608 version and when I open a playlist I am visually assulted by this big green 'Shuffle Play' button. I never use this feature and am starting to have some anger is...
  • tsma120
  • 8 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 12 likes

[BUG] on 3 different Android devices Spotify changes everytime to automatic quality

Hi crew! I was thinking that this was evident, but today, everyone I see that uses spotify, their quality is set to automatic. Even though we change it to high or extreme or normal, in about 15 minutes of playing songs from internet or internal memor...

• Hi crew! I was thinking that this was evident, but today, everyone I see that uses spotify, their quality is set to automatic. Even though we change it to high or extreme or normal, in about 15 minut...
  • Syntek-
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • automatic quality
    bug
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Fluctuating Volume During Tracks

Hi, I seem to have a problem with my Spotify app on my PS4 regarding issues with volume. When I use Spotify on my phone and laptop, I have no issues with fluctuating volumes, however, when I use Spotify on my PS4, songs begin to have louder/quieter v...

• Hi, I seem to have a problem with my Spotify app on my PS4 regarding issues with volume. When I use Spotify on my phone and laptop, I have no issues with fluctuating volumes, however, when I use Spot...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema spotify

Mi era arrivata un'offerta in cui mi veniva detto che se acquistato spotify premium avrei avuto 60 giorni gratuiti,ma dopo un mese non posso più usufruire del premium,come posso risolvere?

• Mi era arrivata un'offerta in cui mi veniva detto che se acquistato spotify premium avrei avuto 60 giorni gratuiti,ma dopo un mese non posso più usufruire del premium,come posso risolvere?
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

My shuffle feature is only playing the same 6 songs over and over again

• My shuffle feature is only playing the same 6 songs over and over again
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album art display on lockscreen

The album art does not display on my lock screen. It only displays a rectangular widget to control the music played.Is it just android? Because it seems to display on IOS devices.Using Samsung S7.

• Regular
  • The album art does not display on my lock screen. It only displays a rectangular widget to control the music played. Is it just android? Because it seems to display on IOS devices. Using Samsung S7.
  • ChubbyDelicious
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei P10+ playback keeps pausing and shutting down the app.

Very often my mobile app will pause and sometimes also just shut off. Works fine on my desktop. Have reinstalled mulitple times. Have tried streaming and also playing downloaded content. No change.

• Casual Listener
  • Very often my mobile app will pause and sometimes also just shut off.    Works fine on my desktop.   Have reinstalled mulitple times.   Have tried streaming and also playing...
  • Z3ROX87
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution arquivos locais

não consigo importar as músicas do meu celular pro Spotify igual meus amigos, por que?

• Casual Listener
  • não consigo importar as músicas do meu celular pro Spotify igual meus amigos, por que?
  • MiqueiasCrispim
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

App think i'm offline

I have strange problem with my spotify app... If i go to my library and choose song/playlist/album etc. from there (i don't have it on my phone physically), everything is ok. But if i go to search, app said that i'm offline, but with exclamation mark...

• I have strange problem with my spotify app... If i go to my library and choose song/playlist/album etc. from there (i don't have it on my phone physically), everything is ok. But if i go to search, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Equlizer

How do I use Spotify's default Equlizer

• How do I use Spotify's default Equlizer
  • kiksiite
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App frequently crashes

I have a Nokia 6, running Oreo. Using Spotify 8.4.49.462 arm v7 with premium. For the last few weeks the app has randomly closed whilst listening. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem persists. Any suggestions?

• I have a Nokia 6, running Oreo. Using Spotify 8.4.49.462 arm v7 with premium. For the last few weeks the app has randomly closed whilst listening. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem per...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Spotify Android TV app should act like a speaker if you're not logged in

My wife and I both use spotify extensively. We have a couple of FireTVs and an Nvidia Shield that we have the Spotify app (android TV version) installed on. It is a MASSIVE pain to use Spotify on these devices. If I was the last one to use it, she ha...

• My wife and I both use spotify extensively. We have a couple of FireTVs and an Nvidia Shield that we have the Spotify app (android TV version) installed on. It is a MASSIVE pain to use Spotify on the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Yamaha WXC-50 & Spotify Connect problem. Finds device but cannot connect

Hi, I'm really struggling to set up my new Yamaha WXC-50 with Spotify Connect. Everything works fine until I go to Spotify devices and click on the "Room1" (that's the name for my Yamaha). It says "Connecting..." for some time and then the selection ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm really struggling to set up my new Yamaha WXC-50 with Spotify Connect. Everything works fine until I go to Spotify devices and click on the "Room1" (that's the name for my Yamaha). I...
  • vepasto
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Only letting me click shuffle

On my samsung j1 it's only letting me click on shuffle, it won't let me click on any of my music. When I try to click on one of my songs it just pops the shuffle button up and then back down. I don't have this problem when I'm using my tablet or Xbox...

• Casual Listener
  • On my samsung j1 it's only letting me click on shuffle, it won't let me click on any of my music. When I try to click on one of my songs it just pops the shuffle button up and then back down. I don't...
  • Bowjwardwell
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

crossfade wont work on my s8

i have made gapless is turned off and set crossfade to every duration from 1 to 12 seconds. i killed the app and relaunched. I tried clearing app cache and app data from systems settings menu, deleted the app and reinstalled. i cannot get crossfade t...

• Casual Listener
  • i have made gapless  is turned off and set crossfade to every duration from 1 to 12 seconds. i killed the app and relaunched. I tried clearing app cache and app data from systems settings menu, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes