Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes when I turn of the screen

Hello everybody, since the last update Spotify seems to crash when I turn of the screen: The music stops approximately 30 seconds after I turn of the screen. Then, after I turn it back on the app restarts. This is independent from the screen lock. Wh...

• Regular
  • Hello everybody,   since the last update Spotify seems to crash when I turn of the screen: The music stops approximately 30 seconds after I turn of the screen. Then, after I turn it back on th...
  • GMelanie
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Google Assistant / ok google still not working

On Android 7, Moto g5 plus, voice search on Google assistant opens Spotify but won't directly play anything. This seems to be a common problem that isn't being addressed by Spotify, when will it be fixed? Im a Spotify premium subscriber. It makes voi...

• Regular
  • On Android 7, Moto g5 plus, voice search on Google assistant opens Spotify but won't directly play anything. This seems to be a common problem that isn't being addressed by Spotify, when will it be f...
  • fedezari
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Application opens randomly on samsung s9

I am considering getting premium, but sometimes when I unlock my phone I am greeted by spotify. I didn't open it, but it is there. I use multiple bluetooth devices that I may connect randomly, one is a motorcycle headset and another is a smartwatch t...

• I am considering getting premium, but sometimes when I unlock my phone I am greeted by spotify.  I didn't open it, but it is there.  I use multiple bluetooth devices that I may connect rand...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Storage space for 2800 songs playlist

Hello everyone !! I have a little question. If I subscribe to Spotify Premium, could you tell me approximately how much storage space in Mega Bytes can I use on my Android cell if I download my playlist of 2,800 songs for offline listening? many than...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone !! I have a little question. If I subscribe to Spotify Premium, could you tell me approximately how much storage space in Mega Bytes can I use on my Android cell if I download my playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium online on Android, track order in a reeeally long playlist acting weird (shuffle off)

I am listening to an audiobook on my phone with Spotify premium. In a book the order of the tracks is important, especially when a book is large and cut into 500+ pieces. I may not have noticed it at once, but on my phone the order is acting weird - ...

• I am listening to an audiobook on my phone with Spotify premium. In a book the order of the tracks is important, especially when a book is large and cut into 500+ pieces. I may not have noticed ...
  • hughbetcha86
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No puede elegir lugar de almacenamiento

Tengo un Huawei GW, y seleccioné como almacenamiento principal la memoria externa. Ahora, cuando descargo música en Spotify, no aparece la opción para elegir el lugar de almacenamiento. Debería suponer que va a almacenar lo descargado en la memoria e...

• Tengo un Huawei GW, y seleccioné como almacenamiento principal la memoria externa. Ahora, cuando descargo música en Spotify, no aparece la opción para elegir el lugar de almacenamiento. Debería supon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App is downloading even if download is set to off

As one can see in the images attached Spotify is still downloading data despite downloading via cellular being set to off. This was not happening before. Setting Spotify to offline mode every time that I change between WiFi and 4G doesn't seem like a...

• As one can see in the images attached Spotify is still downloading data despite downloading via cellular being set to off. This was not happening before. Setting Spotify to offline mode every time th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I stop automatically downloading all saved songs onto phone

I dont have much memory on my phone to save all the songs I have on my desktop library. I want to be able to keep all the songs in the library on my desktop and limit which albums I download onto my phone, but whenever I open the app on my phone it a...

• I dont have much memory on my phone to save all the songs I have on my desktop library. I want to be able to keep all the songs in the library on my desktop and limit which albums I download onto my ...
  • kylu
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

offline play queue

Hi, my android phone stopped allowing me to add tracks to my queue when offline a few days ago. It won't let me see the menu (the three dots next to a track) when offline at all anymore. I've never had this problem before. Could any of you guys help?

• Hi, my android phone stopped allowing me to add tracks to my queue when offline a few days ago. It won't let me see the menu (the three dots next to a track) when offline at all anymore. I've ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

REPORTING MOD VERSION STILL WORKING

I want to report a mod version of spotify still working. 

• Casual Listener
  • I want to report a mod version of spotify still working.  
  • Zalvo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SD card destroyed

Was just testing the last update and used the function to transfer my music to the SD.The music was transferring fine but suddenly an error occurred and Spotify said to check my SD card permissions.Now my phone won't detect my SD card neither my comp...

• Casual Listener
  • Was just testing the last update and used the function to transfer my music to the SD. The music was transferring fine but suddenly an error occurred and Spotify said to check my SD card permissions...
  • DryyIce
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • sd card
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

[Android wear/WearOS] Connection problems with Huawei Watch 2

Hi all.I bought a Huawei Watch 2 one week ago and I'm having some trouble with the spotify app on the watch: when I open the application it say "connection failed".I've tried everything, clear cache, unistall the application, reset the watch, but the...

• Hi all. I bought a Huawei Watch 2 one week ago and I'm having some trouble with the spotify app on the watch: when I open the application it say "connection failed". I've tried everything, clear ca...
  • dimemil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play in Malaysia

Google Play store says not available in your country. I stay in Malaysia.

• Google Play store says not available in your country. I stay in Malaysia. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Samsung Galaxy s8

Got my sexy new s8 on the 19th but spotify keeps shutting off during regular playing. Sometimes I can listen to music for 10 minutes... other times a half hour... a few times I got lucky and got a few hours out of it. Wondering if it's a compatibilit...

• Regular
  • Got my sexy new s8 on the 19th but spotify keeps shutting off during regular playing. Sometimes I can listen to music for 10 minutes... other times a half hour... a few times I got lucky and got a fe...
  • Whoateyou
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Modo de reproduçao

Quero saber como usa o modo Stranger Things e o behind the lyrics 

• Quero saber como usa o modo Stranger Things e o behind the lyrics 
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing multiple songs from songs list or playlists

Is there a way of deleting multiple songs at a time in the android app? I find it really annoying deleting a lot of songs one by one.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way of deleting multiple songs at a time in the android app? I find it really annoying deleting a lot of songs one by one.
  • pokerbucs1981
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Störung

Hallo, jedesmal wenn ich musik hören will. Und schon 10-20 liedwr durch habe geht spotify nicht mehr für ein paar stunden. Dann höre ich wideder und mitten im lied geht spotify wieder auf störung

• Hallo, jedesmal wenn ich musik hören will. Und schon 10-20 liedwr durch habe geht spotify nicht mehr für ein paar stunden.  Dann höre ich wideder und mitten im lied geht spotify wieder auf stör...
  • JulianA_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Impossible de naviguer sur l'app...

Bonjour, depuis un peu moins d'une semaine mon appli Spotify ne marche plus du tout correctement !Quand je me connecte sur l'accueil j'ai ce message qui s'affiche :"Désolé, une erreur s'est produite."Je ne peux lancer aucun titre dans ma bibliothèque...

•  Bonjour, depuis un peu moins d'une semaine mon appli Spotify ne marche plus du tout correctement ! Quand je me connecte sur l'accueil j'ai ce message qui s'affiche : "Désolé, une erreur s'est...
  • JulianA_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se para la música sola

Recién abro la app y se pone super lenta incluso con red wifi y buena señal, luego de 1 minuto se para en pausa sola y tengo que volver a ponerla con mucha paciencia, por lo lenta. Ya reinicié, actualicé y nda sucede. Todo igual. Tengo spotify premiu...

• Recién abro la app y se pone super lenta incluso con red wifi y buena señal, luego de 1 minuto se para en pausa sola y tengo que volver a ponerla con mucha paciencia, por lo lenta. Ya reinicié, actua...
  • JulianA_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

User interface change?

Hiya long time user and supporter of Spotify here. I use the app on My phone a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. My app has just updated and the UI when looking at a playlist or playing track when the phone is in landscape has changed. The playlist UI shows th...

• Hiya long time user and supporter of Spotify here. I use the app on My phone a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. My app has just updated and the UI when looking at a playlist or playing track when the phone is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes