Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Siempre que pongo la calidad en extrema está se revierte despues de unos minutos

Siempre que pongo la calidad en extrema ya sea en streaming o en descargas está se revierte despues de unos minutos de escuchar musica, es muy molesto porque tengo que desinstalar e instalar de nuevo la aplicación y descargar nuevamente mis playlists...

• Siempre que pongo la calidad en extrema ya sea en streaming o en descargas está se revierte despues de unos minutos de escuchar musica, es muy molesto porque tengo que desinstalar e instalar de nuevo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music Quality Always Reverts Back to Auto

Hi, I'm getting sick and tired of the Spotify app always reverting my default music quality to Automatic. I always set it to Extreme and before this it has work flawlessly but now it seems to revert back to Auto everytime I change the equaliser setti...

• Hi, I'm getting sick and tired of the Spotify app always reverting my default music quality to Automatic. I always set it to Extreme and before this it has work flawlessly but now it seems to revert ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Playback Paused - Your account is in use somewhere else.

Has anyone received this message?I am the only one using my account. I have logged into my desktop computer on spotify and clicked "log out on all devices", I have changed my password, deleted the app and re-downloaded, and yet it continously stops p...

• Has anyone received this message? I am the only one using my account. I have logged into my desktop computer on spotify and clicked "log out on all devices", I have changed my password, deleted the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stopped because account is used by another unit

Hi. Since 2 days ago my spotify stop when I playing music after randomly 5 to 10 sec, and telling that my account is used by another unit. I have logged in to my account and changed my passsword and logged out for all unit. The problem is still there...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Since 2 days ago my spotify stop when I playing music after randomly 5 to 10 sec, and telling that my account is used by another unit. I have logged in to my account and changed my passsword and ...
  • docl
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting on Android does not ignore articles (such as "The", "A" and others)

A few days ago I noticed in my Android had sorted my playlists while ignoring articles in song names, but yesterday this happened again and it came back to taking articles in song names to sort it when sorting by title. This does not happen on Deskto...

• Casual Listener
  • A few days ago I noticed in my Android had sorted my playlists while ignoring articles in song names, but yesterday this happened again and it came back to taking articles in song names to sort it wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist page

On my android, using a nexus 5 with android 8.1.0 with the latest Spotify version, the artist page seems to be broken... When I'm on a song I click view artist, and then a site comes up telling me that I'm offline, what I'm not. I'm connected to a ne...

• Regular
  • On my android, using a nexus 5 with android 8.1.0 with the latest Spotify version, the artist page seems to be broken... When I'm on a song I click view artist, and then a site comes up telling me th...
  • oemel09
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No daily mix

Hey all, I'm using Spotify on an everyday basis for almost a month, following artists, saving songs for my library and liking songs on radios, yet, I still don't get the cool daily mix feature. My app is up to date and I have tried to restart it of c...

• Hey all,  I'm using Spotify on an everyday basis for almost a month, following artists, saving songs for my library and liking songs on radios, yet, I still don't get the cool daily mix feature...
  • MaríaCamila
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clearing download queue

How do you clear your download queue? I somehow got 476 songs in my download queue and I don't want to download them.

• How do you clear your download queue? I somehow got 476 songs in my download queue and I don't want to download them. 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't allow me to sign-in to Last.fm

For some reason, it just doesn't accept the password. I've changed it multiple times thinking maybe a character was throwing off the Spotify app, but it doesn't seem to matter what my password is. Spotify just tells me it was the wrong password every...

• For some reason, it just doesn't accept the password. I've changed it multiple times thinking maybe a character was throwing off the Spotify app, but it doesn't seem to matter what my password is. Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No Music Library - update Android

Hello, So I now have the Spotify version 8.4.48.497 and I cannot find my music library. If I open the webplayer or the app on my laptop it's there. but on the mobile app I cannot seem to find them and I really would like to have them on my phone. Any...

• Hello,   So I now have the Spotify version 8.4.48.497 and I cannot find my music library. If I open the webplayer or the app on my laptop it's there. but on the mobile app I cannot seem to fin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium family plan and still hearing suggested songs

It is so frustrating!! Despite paying for family plan and being logged properly, non of us can listen to one whole album without hearing annoying "suggested" songs. How do you turn off this thing!!!!Frustrated family ready to cancel premium plan...

• It is so frustrating!! Despite paying for family plan and being logged properly, non of us can listen to one whole album without hearing annoying "suggested" songs. How do you turn off this thing!!!!...
  • jstockmans
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't login

I can't seem to log in to my account. I've tried resetting my password and when I log in it doesn't say that I have the wrong password, it just won't log in. Please help!

• I can't seem to log in to my account. I've tried resetting my password and when I log in it doesn't say that I have the wrong password, it just won't log in. Please help! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No "Add track to playlist" button

I'm trying to make a collaborative playlist with my friends. Not only am I not able to view her playlist unless she shares the link, even if it's set to public, but I'm not able to add any songs to it. I've had Spotify for two days and I've been maki...

• I'm trying to make a collaborative playlist with my friends.   Not only am I not able to view her playlist unless she shares the link, even if it's set to public, but I'm not able to add any s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio - Liked from Radio playlist duplicate songs

So I have been using the Spotify Radio functionality for the past few days, and have discovered a really frustrating bug. The root cause is that the songs that are being played, some of the songs lose my rating, coincidentally asking me to "Like" or ...

• So I have been using the Spotify Radio functionality for the past few days, and have discovered a really frustrating bug.   The root cause is that the songs that are being played, some of the ...
  • whatifthis
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Duplicate Songs
    like and dislike
    Radio
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to connect to spotify android all day, says I'm offline

I've been trying to access spotify mobile all day from work. Pandora, web, speedtest, everything else i've tried works fine. When I tried to open spotify, I was greeted with the message "no internet connection available" across the bottom of the scre...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to access spotify mobile all day from work. Pandora, web, speedtest, everything else i've tried works fine. When I tried to open spotify, I was greeted with the message "no internet ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

"Sorry account is used elsewhere" when trying to use Android device as remote for Google Home

So this has only started happening today so not sure if caused by an update from Spotify or Google... I can "cast" music to my Google home from the spotify app no problem (press play then select Google home speaker as device). Works fine. However, if...

• So this has only started happening today so not sure if caused by an update from Spotify or Google...   I can "cast" music to my Google home from the spotify app no problem (press play then se...
  • alreadyauser
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist always plays same songs in same order

I created a playlist with about a hundred songs. Thing is, every time I play it on my mobile (shuffle play), the same songs get played, in the same order.Is this a limitation of the free version? I didn't see this documented anywhere...

• I created a playlist with about a hundred songs. Thing is, every time I play it on my mobile (shuffle play), the same songs get played, in the same order. Is this a limitation of the free version? I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Not Letting Me See Full Podcast Lists

Ever since I installed the latest update (on 2/9/18), my android app will not let me see the full list of podcast episodes.This is only happening with larger podcasts (think 300+ episodes), where I can only see a small portion of their content (thing...

• Visitor
  • Ever since I installed the latest update (on 2/9/18), my android app will not let me see the full list of podcast episodes. This is only happening with larger podcasts (think 300+ episodes), where I...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Fire Stick Problems

I recently bought a fire stick to listen to Spotify etc through my tv as my Apple TV did not allow me to download the Spotify app. When I play my playlist I have to from my phone to shuffle etc which I don’t mind but when one song finishes the next s...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently bought a fire stick to listen to Spotify etc through my tv as my Apple TV did not allow me to download the Spotify app. When I play my playlist I have to from my phone to shuffle etc which...
  • salirezam
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes