Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I uploaded a picture two times as an avatar. How can I delete one of my photos?Thanks to whoever will reply to this.

• Casual Listener
  • I uploaded a picture two times as an avatar. How can I delete one of my photos? Thanks to whoever will reply to this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why are some songs on desktop not available on mobile?

I've noticed that I can find songs on the desktop app that I can't listen to on mobile. Is there a reason why?

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed that I can find songs on the desktop app that I can't listen to on mobile. Is there a reason why?
  • a1arming
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android TV disables Sreensaver

I'm really liking the Spotify app on my Android TV, but I do have one annoying problem with it. The Spotify app disables the screensaver on my TV, and the same static screen in Spotify will therefore be on for as long as I play music. Please stop dis...

• Visitor
  • I'm really liking the Spotify app on my Android TV, but I do have one annoying problem with it. The Spotify app disables the screensaver on my TV, and the same static screen in Spotify will therefore...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist missing

My playlist is missing. However, when I search for my playlist in search option it shows the playlist belonging to the my username. My current account also has got the same username. Tried my other email ids to check, account has not been created to ...

• Casual Listener
  • My playlist is missing. However, when I search for my playlist in search option it shows the playlist belonging to the my username. My current account also has got the same username. Tried my other e...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify android app stops playing songs and restarts them from the beginning.

For about two weeks, the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S6 stops playing songs. When I press play, the songs arerestarted from the beginning. It doesn't matter if my earphones are plugged in or if it's being played out loud, it will still happen.I ...

• For about two weeks, the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S6 stops playing songs. When I press play, the songs are restarted from the beginning. It doesn't matter if my earphones are plugged in or i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio, missed dislike

Hello, i have dislike a music instead of adding it to my library. But there is one big thing, i do not know the name of the music, it was really cool tho. When i clicked on dislike (by mistake) it instantly stop playing and i have never seen the musi...

• Hello, i have dislike a music instead of adding it to my library. But there is one big thing, i do not know the name of the music, it was really cool tho. When i clicked on dislike (by mistake) it in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not able to get spotify on phone

Im trying to get spotify to play on my Android LG K20 Plus. i cant get into my app on my phone to be able to listen to my music what can i do to get it again? It wont let me login with my info for facebook.

• Im trying to get spotify to play on my Android LG K20 Plus. i cant get into my app on my phone to be able to listen to my music what can i do to get it again? It wont let me login with my info for fa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast/No Sleep/high pitched

Listening to No Sleep Podcast. Around Season 2, suddenly the podcast was slightly high pitched? I thought it was only one episode. Then i started skipping to next episodes, next seasons, it the same. But not all episodes. I found one that sounded nor...

• Listening to No Sleep Podcast.   Around Season 2, suddenly the podcast was slightly high pitched? I thought it was only one episode. Then i started skipping to next episodes, next seasons, it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Never received email or notification of end of year stats

Last year I got an email with like hours played and some various stats of my Spotify account. This year, the rest of my family got theirs and some friends of mine did too but I haven't gotten an email or in-app notification or anything. Any ideas wha...

• Casual Listener
  • Last year I got an email with like hours played and some various stats of my Spotify account. This year, the rest of my family got theirs and some friends of mine did too but I haven't gotten an emai...
  • lubos
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nuevo interfaz en Android

He visto circulando imagenes de un nuevo diseno de Spotify para Android y necesito saber que tengo que hacer para tenerlo.

• Casual Listener
  • He visto circulando imagenes de un nuevo diseno de Spotify para Android y necesito saber que tengo que hacer para tenerlo.
  • Eepr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Volume Too Low with Wired Headphones

This is a long-standing issue with no viable solution, so I'd appreciate some attention. The volume output from the Spotify app on Android is far lower than other apps like Youtube, Pandora, or Podcast Addict on my phone. Please provide a solution so...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a long-standing issue with no viable solution, so I'd appreciate some attention. The volume output from the Spotify app on Android is far lower than other apps like Youtube, Pandora, or Podca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    headphones
    volume
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New phone now i can't adjust the stream and download quality

I have spotify premium and on my old phone i had everything downloaded on the highest quality but now with my new phone it says not available right now. What do i do?

• I have spotify premium and on my old phone i had everything downloaded on the highest quality but now with my new phone it says not available right now. What do i do?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing, taking minutes to load, search function not workable due to slowness

Spotify has been essentially unusable for the last 4 months. I am considering cancelling my membership. I've seen the countless forum posts on the same issue. Spotify takes up to 5 minutes to load. The search function takes so long to load up that it...

• Spotify has been essentially unusable for the last 4 months. I am considering cancelling my membership. I've seen the countless forum posts on the same issue. Spotify takes up to 5 minutes to load. T...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested songs

Why is it that when I make a playlist with the songs I like it won't let me just pick a song to play it shuffles through them all and please mostly suggested songs related to an artist or a song that I have on my list?

• Why is it that when I make a playlist with the songs I like it won't let me just pick a song to play it shuffles through them all and please mostly suggested songs related to an artist or a song that...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not my music in my Playlist

How can I get rid of the songs that are added by Spotify? I don't like them and want just songs there that I added.

• How can I get rid of the songs that are added by Spotify? I don't like them and want just songs there that I added.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist will restart efter every song

I have had this problem for a few months now. I got my stereo system hooked up to my tv and playing music through my chromecast.But 1/3 of times when listening to music, whenever I select a number from my quite large playlists, after the song finishe...

• I have had this problem for a few months now. I got my stereo system hooked up to my tv and playing music through my chromecast. But 1/3 of times when listening to music, whenever I select a number ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Special look on Christmas

It's not a problem that I want advice on, but it's a help for someone who remembers the special look of 2014. Do you want to have a special look at Spotify at Christmas? What is it in the picture? Animated snowflakes. The new version does not allow i...

• Roadie
  • It's not a problem that I want advice on, but it's a help for someone who remembers the special look of 2014. Do you want to have a special look at Spotify at Christmas? What is it in the picture? An...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I cannot play the song I select

Hi, this may sound like a very simple thing. I received a link from someone to a Spotify song. I installed it (android), singed up, and it shows me an album. But I can't play the one song I am interested in.Next I selected the song and added to a new...

• Hi, this may sound like a very simple thing.  I received a link from someone to a Spotify song. I installed it (android), singed up, and it shows me an album. But I can't play the one song I am...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! EQ turns off randomly

EDIT: I have changed device since andno problems on S6, also seems one of the updates back in the day fixed it for me Hi There I've been having problems with Spotify on my Galaxy S4, EQ randomly turns off and quality goes really bad as i always tweak...

• Regular
  • EDIT: I have changed device since andno problems on S6, also seems one of the updates back in the day fixed it for me   Hi There   I've been having problems with Spotify on my Galaxy S4...
  • jhulz07
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify jumps to playlists I didn't select

I've had some problems with Spotify lately...When I select a playlist, somehow strange things happen. Either the song ends in about 30 seconds and a new one starts, or Spotify starts playing a list which is not even in my favourites. I have reinstall...

• I've had some problems with Spotify lately... When I select a playlist, somehow strange things happen. Either the song ends in about 30 seconds and a new one starts, or Spotify starts playing a list...
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes