Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

can no longer listen to music on playlist in offline mode

can no longer listen to music on playlist in offline mode

I was wondering if something changed in the last update.  I've been looking and cannot find the answer anywhere.  Every time I try to play one of my playlists when I do not have reception on my phone, it says I am offline and does not play anything.  I noticed none of the songs were downloaded like they were before.  So when I clicked the download button, it says it is a premium feature.  Up until today, I have been able to listen to playlists saved on my phone without reception on my phone.  This is one of my main reasons for getting spotify.  I have a 20 minute drive to work each day, and 15 minutes of that drive I do not have reception.  I understand that unlimited skipping and playing the song you want to hear should be a premium option, but just listening to the songs in a random order in my playlist is no longer an option in offline mode unless im a premium member?

If this is so I will be uninstalling spotify and going with one of the many other apps that you can do this with.

4 Replies

As you can see here, listening offline is a premium feature. 

When did this change?

As far as I know it's always been so unless they had different terms in your country.

I love I'm USA and up until this morning I was able to listen offline(the only reason I got spotify).  Sad I'm going to say goodbye to it now.  It didn't let me skip more than like 5 or 7 songs, and I couldn't pick which one I wanted to hear, but I still got to listen to music when I had no reception.

Suggested posts