Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

<snip - moderator edit> is not operating correctly.

Solved!

<snip - moderator edit> is not operating correctly.

• Plan: Premium
  • Device: Fairphone FP4 5G
  • Operating System: Android 11

My Question or Issue

I am not able to utilise the Google Play Store, so I have installed Spotify from <snip - moderator edit>. The files that have been “attached” are proof that the result is obviously erroneous, because the bottom-bar is unnecessarily high, and the two left-most tabs are not operational. Additionally, interpretation of intents by the software is erroneous. Is quick remediation of this errata by myself possible?

Screenshot_20220101-194422.png
Screenshot_20220101-194415.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rokejulianlockhart!

Thanks for getting back to us.

The apk download from our web server has been deprecated a long time ago and is not officially supported. If you navigate to https://www.spotify.com/download/android/ you'll see that the public link redirects to the Google Play store. This is specifically because the apk has not been maintained for a while. It seems you've stumbled upon a legacy apk that is still up.

We'll report this to the right folks so that they can take action in order to avoid confusion for anyone else.

The official Spotify apps for mobile can only be downloaded via the respective app stores.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @rokejulianlockhart,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try to download the app from our official website. You should download the Android version of the app.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

@Alex wrote:

Hey @rokejulianlockhart,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try to download the app from our official website. You should download the Android version of the app.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers.

I am not currently able to utilise http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotify.music or http://amazon.com/dp/B00KLBR6IC. Otherwise, I would not require installation from your website. My sole current option is installation from third-party repositories of software (such as APKMirror) which is not ideal, and is contradictory to the terms-of-service that I have agreed to.

Hi @rokejulianlockhart,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

Currently, the only way to download our official app for Android phones is using the Google Play Store, but it seems like your device has a restriction to access those services, which means that unfortunately there's not much we can do from our side. 

We also suggest you don't try downloading the app from third parties as we can't guarantee the proper functionality of the app. So as an alternative, you can use the Web Player from your browser. 

On another note, we've removed the link shared in your first post. As per our Community Guidelines "Do not post links to older or unofficial versions of the Spotify app. All users should only download the app from our official website".

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator

How is the APK file not official? This forum is, so it follows that the APK would be too, due to where it is stored.

Marked as solution

Hey @rokejulianlockhart!

Thanks for getting back to us.

The apk download from our web server has been deprecated a long time ago and is not officially supported. If you navigate to https://www.spotify.com/download/android/ you'll see that the public link redirects to the Google Play store. This is specifically because the apk has not been maintained for a while. It seems you've stumbled upon a legacy apk that is still up.

We'll report this to the right folks so that they can take action in order to avoid confusion for anyone else.

The official Spotify apps for mobile can only be downloaded via the respective app stores.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts