Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

new update - never ending loading green wheel

new update - never ending loading green wheel

This needs to be fixed ASAP. You guys keep screwing up after every update and I'm paying for this service. Nothing loads and I'm starting to wonder why I keep paying for a service that always breaks.
12 Replies

this sh!t needs to stop

Screenshot_2015-06-12-13-07-59.png

Have you tried reinstalling the app? That usually fixes this type of problem.

I swear to god, this is the app I've uninstalled/reinstalled the most in my entire life. I shouldn't have to do this. 

That's really weird. I don't know what else could be the problem... have you tried it on Cell Data and Wifi?

@Daniel @Taylor @Peter__ You guys have any ideas on what's up?

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a solid net connection, yet lately it takes way too long for my content to load.

so I try to uninstall the app AGAIN. I erased the music files AGAIN. reboot the phone AGAIN. and now my SD card is corrupted and I have to format it. I have absolutely no idea why I keep paying for an app that I have to uninstall and reinstall every time there's an update.

@lawraWeltreich@SoundMixr Try it on Wifi and on your cellular. Does it happen with both kinds of connections? 

Hi there. I suspect this issue is to do with the SD card. I see you mention you've noticed it has become corrupted, this wouldn't be a result of your troubleshooting Spotify but most likely caused by a corruption in one or more sectors. Formatting and running chkdsk on a pc should fix these errors which is most likely also the reason Spotify wasn't working... To test try taking the sd card out and then running Spotify. It runs ok, right?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I removed the SD card from my phone...and now Spotify works as before. It loads content quickly again, like it's supposed to. I don't know how to format / run chkdsk - will doing so enable the SD card to co-exist in the phone?

can one configure Spotify to not use the SD card at all?

I may try removing mine and see if it fixes Spotify. May need to reinstall it.

the SD card was fine until I uninstalled the app. what f**ed up the SD card was the app. I had to format it (and lose everythng I had there), download the app and download the music to the SD card again. now it's working acceptably, sometimes will freeze for a few seconds or a minute but I guess I can live with that. at least it's loading my downloaded music.

Same things happening to mine. I don't even have SD card so I don't really know the problem I deleted it and reinstalled it for the millionth time now it's saying no connection but YouTube and Netflix is working ok.

Suggested posts