Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Can't play in the background without your permission" Notification I get every time I open Spotify

"Can't play in the background without your permission" Notification I get every time I open Spotify

When I go to the App>Battery>Background restriction, it says "Background usage can't be restricted"

I have had zero issues with Spotify playing in the background but the app still sends me this notification.
It's a rather small issue, but it is still lightly infuriating to me.

I've tried reinstalling and looking at other threads about this issue to no avail, as no one seems to have this exact issue

1 Reply

Hi there @18skeltor,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is indeed a strange error and I've personally never seen it before. So does it appear every time you start the app, but has no influence on the behaviour of the app after you dismiss it? Have you had any issues with Spotify working in the background, such as the playback stopping while the screen is locked?

In any case, check if you have any other third party battery or storage optimization apps installed and if you do, disable those or at least add Spotify as an exception. If the issue persists, please provide us the following:

• What device does this happen on? Is it only on that one?
  • When did this start happening?
  • The exact makes, models and OS versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts