Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Unplayed" filter on podcast episode list issue.

"Unplayed" filter on podcast episode list issue.

Plan - Premium

Country - Australia

Device - Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Operating System - Android 11

Spotify version - 8.6.36.1070

When I go to a podcast episode list and set the unplayed filter it works correctly. But when I tap into an episodes page, then go back (to the episode list again). The unplayed filter still has the tick next to it showing it's activated. But the list is including all of the episodes.

I have to disable the unplayed filter, then re-enable it for it to work again for every single time I go back to the episode list.

It's been happening for a long time with multiple Spotify versions, on multiple of my Android devices.

843.jpg
8 Replies

Hey @Riggs-

Help’s here!

Could you confirm if you still observe this after running a clean reinstall of Spotify on the affected devices? This will remove corrupted data from previous installations which might be causing the issue. 

In case this persists, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

Thanks for the reply @Ivan

After carefully following all of your instructions, I'm still having the same issue.

Hey @Riggs-,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone and let us know if the issue persists? This would help us determine if this is rather account-related.

Keep us in the loop on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

I used another account on my phone and that works correctly. But when I use my account again the issue is back.

Hey @Riggs-,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The troubleshooting done far would indicate that  the root cause of the issue lies with your account itself. In this case we'd recommend to create a new account and see if the feature works correctly there. If that's the case you can use the steps here to transfer your music collection.

Keep us posted. The Community is always here for you.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue across multiple devices. Spotify should look into the problem rather than asking us to create new accounts. 

But thanks to Riggs for sharing the workaround. 👍

Hey there @Steve88888,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. 

What you can try is running a clean reinstall of the app, following this Spotify Guide. This issue could be caused by corrupted app data.

Note that some issues are account related and a global solution may not always be possible. In these cases it's best to test out if another accounts works and to transfer your Library over.

Let us know if the reinstall helped.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts