Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

song art and title repeatedly stuck in the now playing screen

song art and title repeatedly stuck in the now playing screen

individual

Premium

Canada

Device

galaxy s21 fe

Operating System

My Question or Issue

this is a weird issue to explain, 1-5 different song art and titles get stuck in now playing, it will still play different songs but now playing will not display which ones. as well the only control functions that work are in the now playing (cannot pause or play music unless i go into the app and click the now playing screen). i will try to attach a video of what's going on. 

This is the second android phone I've had that has had the same issue and the only way to "fix" it is to delete and reinstall spotify, restarting the phone does not work, reverting to older versions doesn't work. this only happens on my phone, my desktop app will still display the proper song information. 

when reinstalled it will only last a couple weeks before the same thing happens. the only things i can see being an issue is that; i switch devices often when listening (google home, desktop and mobile). Also i use one playlist very often that has gotten quite big over the years so maybe that has something to do with it.

would a love a more permanent fix as reinstalling spotify every couple weeks is very frustrating.

1 Reply

Hi there @Traer,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts