Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android - Shuffle play all playlists in a folder

Where did this feature go?I was able to go to the top of a folder containing several playlists and klikk "shuffle play all". Now it's gone, and I want it back!

• Music Fan
  • Where did this feature go? I was able to go to the top of a folder containing several playlists and klikk "shuffle play all".   Now it's gone, and I want it back!
  • Jeppo80
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution My queue is unviewable after 1st song

Okay so every time I am connected to my sonos for long, the queue will continue, and I have some control? Like it skips forward or backwards, and it seems like I can still see what's happening, but my current song is never correct. Premium United Sta...

• Visitor
  • Okay so every time I am connected to my sonos for long, the queue will continue, and I have some control? Like it skips forward or backwards, and it seems like I can still see what's happening, but m...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug android
    pixel 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist reordered (not by me)

I have Spotify Premium and use it on my computer, phone (Android) and iPad. I have a "new stuff" playlist with 300+ songs from more than 30 albums, what I am currently listening to. I recently noticed that several songs from an album near the top of ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium and use it on my computer, phone (Android) and iPad.  I have a "new stuff" playlist with 300+ songs from more than 30 albums, what I am currently listening to.  I rec...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Will Android ever have Swiping gestures for minimizing, maximizing the player?

The swipe up/down feature to maximize/minimize the player has been available in iOS for years, but yet android users are left to rot, with a app that is stuck in 2015. Why is this very basic, convienent feature not available in the android app? Deeze...

• The swipe up/down feature to maximize/minimize the player has been available in iOS for years, but yet android users are left to rot, with a app that is stuck in 2015. Why is this very basic, convien...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot share on instagram

PlanPremiumCountry IndiaDeviceGoogle Pixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueSo when I click to share instead of the song showing up, Instagram story opens up on default mode. The song doesn't show.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country  India Device Google Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue So when I click to share instead of the song showing up, Instagra...
  • shady19071907
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music is not downloading

Plan Premium Country Germany Device (Old Phone: Huawei P9lite, New Phone: FP3) the only things i have Downloads on Operating System (Old Phone: Android 7.0; New Phone: Android 10) My Question or Issue Hello, I have a new mobile phone and want to down...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium   Country Germany   Device (Old Phone: Huawei P9lite, New Phone: FP3) the only things i have Downloads on   Operating System (Old Phone: Andro...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music stops automatically

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceSamsung Galaxy note10 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or Issue1. music stops automatically, and I always have to restart the music manually. Sometime it happens 2~3times during 1 song, sometime not happen duri...

• Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device Samsung Galaxy note10 Plus Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue 1. music stops automatically, and I always have to restart th...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pausing during ad on phone

So there is a problem on atleast android phones where of your playing a game, and a ad starts, it auto pauses the music. When the ad ends, it sometimes continues but not always. And this issue happens even though the game is completely muted. If ther...

• Visitor
  • So there is a problem on atleast android phones where of your playing a game, and a ad starts, it auto pauses the music. When the ad ends, it sometimes continues but not always. And this issue happen...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution At Night, How Can I Turn My Android Phone Screen Off, When Listening To Spotify App?

Mainly listening in bed, the screen annoyingly won't go off, so I can listen in the dark falling asleep. Music paused or off - I can darken my screen. Music playing - I touch the power button to get a black screen but Spotify immediately forces the s...

• Music Fan
  • Mainly listening in bed, the screen annoyingly won't go off, so I can listen in the dark falling asleep.    Music paused or off - I can darken my screen.    Music playing - I ...
  • CarlosE
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Needs To Fix The Playlist Description Field

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceGoogle Pixel 3a XLOperating SystemAndroid Version 11 My IssueThe description of my playlists keeps messing up, after so long. It keeps replacing parts of it with nonsense. Below is an example. Two new songs, &q...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Google Pixel 3a XL Operating System Android Version 11   My Issue The description of my playlists keeps messing up, after so long. It keeps replacing p...
  • MadmanOnWheels
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won’t play on Astell & Kern sr25 music player

PlanPremium CountryUKDeviceAstell and Kern sr25 Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueAfter much faffing about I have downloaded and installed Spotify on the sr25 and can log in and see all my playlists etc, can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  Country UK Device Astell and Kern sr25  Operating System (iOS 10, Android  Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue After much faffing about I have do...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: [Android] I play a song but no music can be heard

Device - Huawei P30 ProOS version - EMUI 11.0.0.138Version - 8.6.12.968 Issue - randomly, between songs, the volume rapidly lowers to muted by itself. This happens on the app on my phone, whether I am using headphones or not, whether I am touching th...

• Device - Huawei P30 Pro OS version - EMUI 11.0.0.138 Version - 8.6.12.968   Issue - randomly, between songs, the volume rapidly lowers to muted by itself. This happens on the app on my phone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Ads stop playing until I hit the back button

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDevicePendoo x10 MAX (Android TV Box)Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify stops ads a little more than half way through. Specifically the mcdonalds one where it lists their COVID procedures, it just stops on the ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device Pendoo x10 MAX (Android TV Box) Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Spotify stops ads a little more than half way through.  Specifica...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist name or album title

When playing a particular playlist from spotify or even my own playlists the 'playlist name' or album title used to show at the top of the screen. It was a great and really useful feature as you could tap the song that was playing and then the playli...

• When playing a particular playlist from spotify or even my own playlists the 'playlist name' or album title used to show at the top of the screen. It was a great and really useful feature as you coul...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Video podcasts on Nvidia Shield?

When can I expect an update to the Nvidia Shield App to support video podcasts like JRE?It seems mind blowing that I can watch a video podcast on my phone but can only play the audio on my TV.

• Visitor
  • When can I expect an update to the Nvidia Shield App to support video podcasts like JRE? It seems mind blowing that I can watch a video podcast on my phone but can only play the audio on my TV. 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wouldn't use SD card as storage

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note9Operating SystemAndroid 10 A few days ago I noticed that Spotify was no longer storing downloads on my SD card. But when I went to Spotify's Settings > Storage and re-checked "SD card," I got an error me...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note9 Operating System Android 10   A few days ago I noticed that Spotify was no longer storing downloads on my SD card.  But when I ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is totally unresponsive with data moved to SD card

Is it even possible to move data to SD card without having some real issues with the speed and responsiveness of the app? I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with a reasonably fast Samsung MicroSDXC 256GB EVO (read: 100 MB/s, write: 90 MB/s) a...

• Is it even possible to move data to SD card without having some real issues with the speed and responsiveness of the app? I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with a reasonably fast Samsung Mic...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Data Storage
    microSD
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No lock screen options

DeviceRealme 7 5g Operating SystemAndroid 10 (Realme UI) My Question or IssueI am trying to get Spotify to appear on my lock screen. The system "music" app does appear on my lock screen and I've attached a screenshot of the settings. In comparison th...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Realme 7 5g   Operating System Android 10 (Realme UI)   My Question or Issue I am trying to get Spotify to appear on my lock screen. The system "music" app does appear on my l...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify glitching and then crashing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceOppo r11sOperating SystemColor OS My Question or IssueEver since a patch that was released on tuesday my spotify is constantly crashing. I will be listening to music and after a few songs it will all of a sudden stop ...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Oppo r11s Operating System Color OS   My Question or Issue Ever since a patch that was released on tuesday my spotify is constantly crashing. I wi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] For the love of God, please stop forgetting to autoshuffle my playlists

If I'm not following posting guidelines then please forgive me, I don't have time to learn all of the guidelines and Spotify makes it mighty difficult to provide feedback unless you post on these forums, which is another idea on what needs to be fixe...

• Visitor
  • If I'm not following posting guidelines then please forgive me, I don't have time to learn all of the guidelines and Spotify makes it mighty difficult to provide feedback unless you post on these for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes