Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify keeps crashing when downloading audiobooks

spotify keeps crashing when downloading audiobooks

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

View

Operating System

Android 7.1.2

My Question or Issue

I have been listening to audiobooks on Spotify for quite some time and never had a problem until recently. Spotify keeps crashing when I try to download the audiobook (which was not a problem before). To use Spotify again I have to uninstall and reinstall the app. Nothing else will work. I don’t have this problem when I download music or podcasts.

1 Reply

Hey there @matoh

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to double-check, did you perform a regular or a clean reinstall of the app on your mobile device? If the regular reinstall solves the issue only temporary, we'd suggest you give the clean reinstall a try as well. This troubleshooting step makes sure you avoid any issues with the cache, which might sometimes cause unexpected app behavior when downloading content. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the device in use. 

If this doesn't do the trick, try downloading the audiobooks under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts