Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify skips songs on android app

spotify skips songs on android app

I have an HTC one and i used to have an HTC evo.  When i am listening to my playlists through this device it will start skipping songs all the way to the last song on the playlist regardless of the number of songs on the playlist.  If i have the continues play feature on it will keep skipping songs all the way through.  I replaced my evo (because of this issue) to the HTC one and then replaced my HTC one twice since and so know i have come to the conclusion it is the android app.  Is there any kind of fix for this issue or will I have to stop paying for Spotify since the only reason i do is so i can listen on my phone.

Please help a very frustrated spotify lover.

K.

15 Replies

Hi. Does this happen when you are listening to synched local files, downloaded spotify content, streamed music or all three? Can you just confirm your android version and spotify version please.

The newest version of both and just synched playlist. That I have noticed at this point since everything I listen to on this device is syneched because if It is not I would just stream from the comp.

Your android and spotify versions would still be helpful, particularly as a recent spotify release is still rolling out.

Android version - android settings/about

Spotify version - in spotify settings, near the bottom

Are you listening to music through earphones? If so, do tracks skip when playing through the built-in speaker? Could you also try playing a streamed album and confirm if that skips too please.

I have been having the same issue for the last week or so, device and app details:

device: HTC one X

android version: 4.2.2

spotify app version:0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10

please let me know if you need more info. I would say this is a high prio problem as it makes the app unusable as a muci player, hense useless.

oh and this is on streamed and synched playlists (mostly synched as thats what i use).

i presume this is not fixed.

I'm having the same issues... It has happened 3 days in a row now while working out with earbuds plugged in. I tried streaming over WiFi and then I tried streaming with WiFi disabled (with a downloaded playlist). Both ways it skips. It doesn't seem to do it in the car while connected via BT to my car audio system.

HTC Droid DNA
Android 4.2.2
HTC Sense 5.0
Latest version of Spotify

Please help! Thank you.

I did find a solution in the end, what you need to do 

1. uninstall spotify

2 install google music

thats it, you will be suprised how many problems that fixed. 

Is anyone still having this problem?
I started having this problem 2 days ago now.

Music will start to play, but if I move my phone or have headphones/earphones plugged in the music will start randomly skipping and pausing and unpausing. 
I don't have this problem if I'm not using headphones/earphones. 
Also if it's completely stationary with earphones/headphones plugged in, it's less likely to skip. However locking the phone makes it worse. So if I am trying to listen to music with earphones, while on the move with my phone locked - it's impossible. The songs will skip every few seconds and pause and unpause randomly. 

I actually thought there was something wrong with my phone so I factory reset it. However upon downloading Spotify and downloading my playlist for offline playing - I'm still having the same exact problem. 

I'm paying for Premium so not being able to use the Spotify app for music is very frustrating.

Phone: Samsung Galexy S3

Android Version: 4.1.2

Spotify Version: 1.2.0.534

Membership: Premium

I found a solution to the skipping problem after much badgering on here for spotify to look in to the issue and maybe fix it. 

the eventual solution was to install google music and use there service. 

Spotify dont seem to care about fixing the android issues, only the iOS ones. Google seem a little more invested (for obvisous reasons)

Does the same thing happen with the stock music player @Sweeneykill ? If so, the issue is either with the headphones or the socket on your phone, I'd suggest.

Guys is there any way around fixing this at all? Basically after about 15 minutes my spotify takes on a mind of its own. I have 2 different phones - Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC 1 M8. On the HTC - it just keeps skipping tracks all over the place, and on the Samsung, the volume just goes down to zero repeatedly. I can turn it up but it goes straight back down.

Could it be an issue with the type of headphones you use, potentially?

Hi @leighferris . It sounds like you're having two different issues.

Does the skipping on your HTC happen when you are streaming music from spotify? If so, go to the android advanced wifi settings and make sure that "keep wifi on during sleep" is set to always.

Does your S3 do the same thing when playing through the built-in speakers or when using the stock music player?

Why does the music skip on its own on the app?? And how do I fix it please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out my issue was my earphones. Just specifically, ONE pair of earphones.

I have no idea why, or how, it came to be that only this one pair makes song skip at random with Spotify.

I'm going to see if I can get them fixed, because not too long after the issue started with trying to play songs on Spotify one side of the earphones stopped working. (No sound at all).

Suggested posts