Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I want to sync playlist without downloading to my Android device

In my desktop app, I am manually syncing the playlist. When I check the playlist I want to sync to my Android device, it starts downloading all the music to my Android. I don't want this. I just want the playlist.on my android. How do I do this and h...

• In my desktop app, I am manually syncing the playlist. When I check the playlist I want to sync to my Android device, it starts downloading all the music to my Android. I don't want this. I just want...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing problems

Hello, I currently have the problem with syncing as i have downloaded a CD which is split by Track 1, 2, 3 etc however when listening to this on my android phone, although there are 12 tracks listed it only plays the first one 12 times, (basically it...

• Hello, I currently have the problem with syncing as i have downloaded a CD which is split by Track 1, 2, 3 etc however when listening to this on my android phone, although there are 12 tracks listed ...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

app slow to start up initially now

hi all,since last update im finding the app on my htc m8 is VERY slow to load up and sort itself out the first time you launch itget stuck looking at a black screen for quite a while used to be okcheersdanhtc m8 running 4.4.2

• Visitor
  • hi all, since last update im finding the app on my htc m8 is VERY slow to load up and sort itself out the first time you launch it get stuck looking at a black screen for quite a while 😞 us...
  • lazzz
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify on android cx-919 with finless rom 1.6b crashes (4.2)

hi ,my spotify does not work on my android device cx-919 since the major version change on summer 2014.. every time I lauch it crashes my android with a reboot. I tried all recommendations from the cmmunity without success like cleaning cache, reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • hi , my spotify does not work on my android device cx-919 since the major version change on summer 2014.. every time I lauch it crashes my android with a reboot. I tried all recommendations from t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disc almost full

"We have detected that you are running out of storage space. To work correctly, Spotify needs free space to store files. Yoy can fix this by de-selecting playlists for download or choosing to clear all your spotify data from the settings menu". I HAV...

• "We have detected that you are running out of storage space. To work correctly, Spotify needs free space to store files. Yoy can fix this by de-selecting playlists for download or choosing to clear a...
  • mightyafromike
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lock screen widget gone ?

I just noticed that the lock screen widget that allowed you to be able to pause, change tracks, display the track name etc and the cover art seems to be no longer available, using android 4.2.2.Anyone else having this issue? Was it removed with the l...

• Music Fan
  • I just noticed that the lock screen widget that allowed you to be able to pause, change tracks, display the track name etc and the cover art seems to be no longer available, using android 4.2.2. A...
  • qlpa
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Linked Songs: Android Vs Desktop App

So I have some really long playlists that I am importing into Spotify for the first time. I am going through it on the Desktop App and making sure the songs "linked" found in spotify database are equivalent to my offline file. If not I want to unlink...

• Regular
  • So I have some really long playlists that I am importing into Spotify for the first time. I am going through it on the Desktop App and making sure the songs "linked" found in spotify database are equ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.9.0)

What's new in this version (1.9.0) New: Search your offline tracks when you’re offline. Improved: Safer bluetooth handling. Fictitious: This app contains a blend of herbs and spices.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (1.9.0)   New: Search your offline tracks when you’re offline. Improved: Safer bluetooth handling. Fictitious: This app contains a blend of herbs ...
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Premium won't work on Wifi - HTC One M8

Ever since I upgraded to Spotify Premium, it won't work on wifi at all - error message "no internet connection" although my internet connection is fine. I had no trouble with Free spotify. This is whether I'm streaming or downloading. Nothing works u...

• Ever since I upgraded to Spotify Premium, it won't work on wifi at all - error message "no internet connection" although my internet connection is fine. I had no trouble with Free spotify. This is ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Difficulties to follow artists

Hello,I have issues when i want to follow an artist : sometimes i check the box on an artist's page but it doesn't show up on general artist's page like on the screen : It's the same with registrered music and with some artists that i followed one da...

1419937191-screenshot-2014-12-30-11-54-37.png 1419937192-screenshot-2014-12-30-11-54-46.png
  • Regular
  • Hello, I have issues when i want to follow an artist : sometimes i check the box on an artist's page but it doesn't show up on general artist's page like on the screen :   ...
  • jeremypsl
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

paid for 3 free months for 99 cents no upgrade

I paid for the 3 free months but in not seeing that I have premium. I have lodged out and back in I have also uninstalled it from my phone and reinstalled it and still nothing

• I paid for the 3 free months but in not seeing that I have premium. I have lodged out and back in I have also uninstalled it from my phone and reinstalled it and still nothing
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Headphones mic not "released" when receiving a phone call

Seems like Spotify doesn't "release" the headphone's microphone when I get a phone call, make a phone call or use Google Now. Example 1: 1) I'm listening to music on Spotify 2) the phone rings: Android automatically takes over and pauses Spotify 3) I...

• Visitor
  • Seems like Spotify doesn't "release" the headphone's microphone when I get a phone call, make a phone call or use Google Now.    Example 1: 1) I'm listening to music on Spotify 2) t...
  • Alfafreak
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection

For the past few weeks I have been unable to get an internet connection while on mobile. I have an HTC One M8 on t-mobile. I've reinstalled the app and rebooted the phone several times. I've checked storage location, all of my settings, and just abou...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past few weeks I have been unable to get an internet connection while on mobile. I have an HTC One M8 on t-mobile. I've reinstalled the app and rebooted the phone several times. I've checked ...
  • Upset
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! dont open

Hello everybody, I changed my smartphone to a new one and Im trying to open spotify in the new phone but it doesnt open, it doesnt charge anything and i dont know what to do. Anybody know what happen? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody, I changed my smartphone to a new one and Im trying to open spotify in the new phone but it doesnt open, it doesnt charge anything and i dont know what to do.    Anybody...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Music saved on internal storage AND SD card

Hi I got Moto G 4g (android 4.4) 8gb of internal memory and 32gb in the SD one. I can't understand why but my spotify when it downloads my music, during the download I see the storage gets busy in both of memory slots. It seems that it's saving music...

• Hi I got Moto G 4g (android 4.4) 8gb of internal memory and 32gb in the SD one. I can't understand why but my spotify when it downloads my music, during the download I see the storage gets busy in bo...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect to synchronize Desktop App with Android App

I opened the Desktop App on Windows Vista and chose "Devices" (which has worked before for another phone) and I opened the Android App on my Oneplus One. They both are connected to the same WiFi-Network but the Desktop App won't recognize my Oneplus ...

• Casual Listener
  • I opened the Desktop App on Windows Vista and chose "Devices" (which has worked before for another phone) and I opened the Android App on my Oneplus One. They both are connected to the same WiFi-Netw...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where to report a fault?

Hi, there is a fault in the German android app (word "album" is misspelled "ablum"), where can I report this?

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,   there is a fault in the German android app (word "album" is misspelled "ablum"), where can I report this?    
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shutting off connect

Hey, this only works if you have spotify premium. I listen to my downloaded music on my phone but, I shut off my wifi, and deny spotify access to my data. If spotify is offline connect will not work. So my girlfriend can use it on my iPad in the livi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, this only works if you have spotify premium. I listen to my downloaded music on my phone but, I shut off my wifi, and deny spotify access to my data. If spotify is offline connect will not work....
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Cache

Does the Android version automatically cache like the desktop version? I've been using it with wifi only, kinda scared it'll use up my mobile data. I know you can download playlists/songs but I like the autocaching better.

• Visitor
  • Does the Android version automatically cache like the desktop version? I've been using it with wifi only, kinda scared it'll use up my mobile data. I know you can download playlists/songs but I like ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Android App Bugs

I have had Spotify for Android for almost a year. I had it on my Galaxy note 3 from the start and i had a no Meta Data (No Track Info) issue over Bluetooth at first but after about a month it cleared up.....i chocked that up to you guys updating the ...

• Visitor
  • I have had Spotify for Android for almost a year. I had it on my Galaxy note 3 from the start and i had a no Meta Data (No Track Info) issue over Bluetooth at first but after about a month it cleared...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes