Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

In Our Headphones.jpg

In Our Headphones

In Our Headphones: August 2024

Yordan

Heya folks!

August might be coming to an end, but the sunny period is far from over! We still have time left to relax and relish in summer's beauty (in the shade, of course) somewhere on a beach, during a walk in the park or perhaps on a hike in the mountains 🌄 🌲 🏖 And what a fantastic opportunity this is to bring a friend or two and some tunes to accompany us! Here are our suggestions for a good time 😊 💚

We're kicking things off with our newest addition to the moderator team, @Dessi:

My favorite German artist released a new track and it makes me wanna put on a pair of rollerblades and skate along a beach promenade, it's the ultimate summer track 🎵 ☀️

spotify:track:5N1C1ii0IsKp1Ux3OXUM8C:small

This one is a terrible earworm that I can't get out of my head, maybe because it's super catchy - all I can say is watashi wa star 😎 🌟

spotify:track:5b3XJ1pjrHO5JtY2PcTjnI:small

And now something completely different: I got to see this band live last month and their performance was a bit unexpected and weird. Turns out they had this - in their own words - "fine-tuned musical set that will showcase our various musical influences" prepared, which it definitely did, but it was a bit too much for me 😄 - at least they played this track in a normal way and it happens to be my favorite song of theirs so I was pretty happy about that 😊

spotify:track:4P0WUusgIf2ubMQy0xbaKU:small

Next up is @Vasil, who's had both a blast from the past this August and discovered some new gems to add to his Metal collection:

Here's a song I hadn't heard in a very long time!

spotify:track:0I3q5fE6wg7LIfHGngUTnV:small

And now that the warm-up is complete, here's a few more 😁 Starting with some good old Godsmack 🤘

spotify:track:4Pp7tPCBM9ywQexWvCz6iH:small

This song hits my music taste almost 100%. Every time it comes on I enjoy listening to the whole thing!

spotify:track:0INUE1K7cEiE8VH63Rv5RJ:small

And, as a close to my IOH contributions this month here's two additional songs I wanted to add: the first is one of Saint Asonia's newer masterpieces - Above it all! And if you didn't know, Saint Asonia is the new band of the former lead singer of Three Days Grace, the one and only Adam Gontier 😲 😍

spotify:track:5AKfYnfxrnTTU77z69Zb7K:small

The second tune is a cover of a famous song, done by another famous singer! Ever heard of Dio's Rainbow in the Dark? Well, Slipknot's Corey Taylor has made a cover of it and it's awesome 😎 🤘

spotify:track:0J1eOZeDtvSavIs43oRSVF:small

While on the topic of Metal, Joan had an amazing new discovery of his own:

Has it ever happened to you that you hear a band or genre name and have some sort of very specific idea in your head for what you want it to sound like? And then you search and search but can't find a band that fits the criteria exactly? Well, I was like this with Melodic Black Metal. I found a lot of bands that I got into from it - Vreid, Dissection, Dark Fortress, Thulcandra, etc. And yet, none had the exact sound I had in my mind. That is, until I find American titans Uada. They were the sound I was looking for down to a T and I fell in love immediately.

spotify:track:5waken2NTsvBSkTf0Op6WF:small
spotify:track:19iaDzpgbFLc2HPUZjmNDM:small

They retain the dark and foreboding atmosphere that Black Metal is known for and you still have all the tremolo riffs and blast beats you can ask for but they combine that with gratuitous melody that is seamlessly integrated and they sometimes go into these full Melodeath style dual guitar sections. It's wonderful. First time a Black Metal song has made me want to dance 🕺 Also their songs are long, varied and with extended instrumental sections. It's everything I wanted it to be and more! These guys are far from the "Mgla clones" some people said they were and I recommend them to any metalhead.

spotify:track:5SQhtlWjztMTFiwWMXLMy7:small
spotify:track:70br3xDKEs4BWiRV0aQBJI:small

@Kiril  takes things down a notch from the onslaught above and gives us a much needed breather:

Some sort of retro, nostalgia mood took over me this month and all of sudden these tunes started auto-playing in my head 🎶 🙌

spotify:track:5DiXcVovI0FcY2s0icWWUu:small

spotify:track:1qRA5BS78u3gME0loMl9AA:small

spotify:track:2hnMS47jN0etwvFPzYk11f:small

This one was recommended to me by Spotify and I have to say it's right up my alley 👍

spotify:track:0qRR9d89hIS0MHRkQ0ejxX:small

Coming next is @Ivelina, who always trusts her little sister's judgement when it comes to music:

So, my 17-year-old sister said these tracks will give me aura points 😄 🤞😝

spotify:track:1lESkfD1hHCDUMlMFELWEL:small

spotify:track:0pciQQ2CDedQFPeap0Cdhv:small

Can't argue with that! Up next is @Maria, whose aura is a bit more tranquil, it seems 😌

These freshly released songs became instant late summer favorites 🏖 🎵

spotify:track:2plbrEY59IikOBgBGLjaoe:small

spotify:track:6mYXbGfYFzLoYWSjEQD3zS:small

As for me, I've been on a Death Metal streak 😈 🤘

Autopsy are absolute heavyweights in old school Death Metal. The first riff in Torn from the Womb is one of the sickest and evilest riffs ever made, and every time I hear it I go: aaaAAARGH 😱 😠 The whole album is demented, I love it.

spotify:track:28u1vdR7RbOpOzS3jFTFas:small

This next one equally as disgustingly sounding as the one above, but also somewhat fun, thanks to the funky bass guitar 🕺 It's still a challenging listen, mind you, just as is pronouncing the band's name 😵

spotify:track:2Wr6lrI1wKvuRGeE3MUZYG:small

The last track is my latest discovery thanks to Spotify's algorithm 💚 I recently revisited Blood Incantation's fantastic debut out of nostalgia and wouldn't you know it, Italians Cosmic Putrefaction showed up as a recommendation. Needless to say I was hooked right away. That guitar tone is just 💋

spotify:track:41j4C9lfaIvdKVjkpK9c6E:small

And that's it from us! What a great playlist this turned out! Thanks everyone for your submissions 🤗 💚

You can check out the full playlist here:

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb

Now, what have YOU been listening to? 🤔 Let us know in the comments 😎 👍 ⤵️

1 Comment