Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

In Our Headphones.jpg

In Our Headphones: September 2024

MihailY

Greetings everyone! 😊

In the spirit of tradition, I'll go and state the obvious (in case a lost time traveler is reading this) - it's September (2024). It brings us shorter days, wardrobe confusion (good luck trying to choose an outfit that doesn't make you freeze in the morning and boil at noon) and the usual doom and gloom associated with the end of summer. 

But fret not, my fellow music lovers, for it also brings us a whole new set of earworm candidates ready to take their spot in your On Repeat playlist! 🎶

Now, grab a jacket, put on a pair of one of those tear-off basketball pants and let me take you on an eclectic musical journey through this month's IOH playlist. 🎧

We'll start with @Dessi who's working to strengthen the Italo-Bulgarian relations:

This month I've been revisiting some classics, the first one being this absolute banger I had forgotten until I got a daylist themed "italo pop" recently 🇮🇹

spotify:track:7wrGlj5dMOf31ZJn11K8nA:small

The next one is by FSB - a rock staple in Bulgarian music and one of the first groups to bring the new wave sound to our music scene. This song is a perfect example of just this and is one of my favorites:

spotify:track:5sUs0HIl9KegKN2A8lej8V:small

Next up is @Ivelina:

2 new discoveries from my cousin which me and her have had on repeat for the past month

spotify:track:0d3MdoK5iKTFOUPQadokKZ:small

spotify:track:6QMUjJ6U90lSwC6wjzH5jP:small

@Julian shares a classic hit from Sum 41:

spotify:track:1zqAXXA12UEVS7iDmAVeay:small

I picked it because today they announced this album will be on vinyl for the first time ever and of course I'm getting it. I think this is the most underrated Sum 41 album. I remember listening to it for the first time back in 2011 when I didn't know what Spotify was and they just made it free to listen from their website.

@Kiril proves you don't need a time machine to travel back in time:

My topic this month: Reggae Oldies!

Cornell Campbell born in Jamaica 1945:

spotify:track:6pVDUAcwERrBt98LHquOz3:small

Hortense Ellis born in Jamaica 1941:

spotify:track:331aTU1pNdhe369XQ5KxJ8:small

Slim Smith born in Jamaica 1948:

spotify:track:6KSbPucCOr491HZbY1yIMk:small

@Maria shares a recent addition to her Liked songs playlist:

spotify:track:5NIM57nQzSkrBjTNWk52nc:small

@Nikola presents us with a non-traditional read of the death metal genre:

I needed something hardcore to greet the autumn. Something to remove the demons from my unsavable soul. What better than some oldschool Bulgarian death metal!

spotify:track:3yJC2XBYSNznmsDRI3eArB:small

spotify:track:6936wy1LViWAYK3mDlHIAo:small

@Vasil shares some background info on his new favorite band:

Last time I showed you a great song from former Three Days Grace's lead singer Adam Gontier's new band Saint Asonia. The band consists of him on vocals & rhythm guitar, lead guitar Mike Mushok & drummer Sal Giancarelli (both from Staind), drummer Rich Beddoe (Finger Eleven) and Adam's actual cousin Cale Gontier (Art of Dying)!

You may remember Adam Gontier for this song among many others:

spotify:track:5eFxwmqKrHpSQDOEIFYlgY:small

Not bad, eh? First song I ever learned how to play on guitar. The main reason why I even wanted to get myself a guitar in the first place was because of this very song. Quite cool when I think about it.. but, nevertheless, without further ado, let me present you with what Adam & his new band have been up to these past few years! And, spoiler alert, he's going strong 😁

spotify:track:3hf6abXRDfk7IC7OsCqt8v:small

spotify:track:413WZoYVFhqI89MMrmFj5F:small

spotify:track:6ogGTHdZIcztMpNIdFLQxy:small

spotify:track:6AdPRxOLOdZ9WUyO7Dstab:small

Trivia: Shocking fact you may not have known! Adam Gontier is actually Canadian 😄

@Joan gives us a taste of the industrial metal genre:

For once, I don't have a long-winded story for this month 😄 All I can say is that I've been feeling really industrial for some reason, so I've been enjoying a variety of tunes from within that space from a multitude of artists. I like how it can be both dark and atmospheric or upbeat and danceable depending on the tracks I go for. Here's just a small selection of my jams:

spotify:track:4qVI1SgIKvAjFFQgkLGMKT:small

spotify:track:15GNE0Xua6EmSfZULkGd6F:small

spotify:track:2VgfdlJPGqfl7nlXC0by3Q:small

spotify:track:5WrdKA0wCk9oZFLes2YZEE:small

spotify:track:1uSnbsUf7odODC8r6qPPPx:small

spotify:track:0A5JziOeKZXgSXTtEcuCaF:small

Last but not least, we have @Yordan who's been blasting some metal as usual:

When these Aussies announced that they have some leftover CDs of their two fantastic full lengths I knew I had to snag a copy of each, as I've always wanted to add Spire to my music collection. These guys' take on Black Metal is among the most demented, oppressive and nihilistic the genre has to offer, definitely worth checking out.

spotify:track:44t3gqyrOozWRZEZxuOROn:small

spotify:track:0NFjEaLWGUAaPAOfM8yFtF:small

This song was a favorite of mine back when I was starting to get into Death Metal. It randomly popped back in my head about a week ago and hasn't left since - I've been spontaneously growling "dead hu-man; co-lec-tiooon" at random intervals. Killer track (no pun intended).

spotify:track:0kW5t3Qmq6OWOriB2k1SNx:small

What a ride! A huge thank you to everyone who participated! 💚

You can check out the full playlist here:

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb

Now, what have YOU been listening to? 🤔 Let us know in the comments 😎 👍 ⤵️