Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

music-blog.jpg

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - September 2024

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check August's review for more music.

The wonders of youth. A time to reflect about freedom, memories, learning the lessons of life, or just having fun in five different genres. Give them a listen, with a word from the artists themselves.
🎧

Cloud Peak View – Heavens No Place For Gravestones

CloudPeakView.jpg

These fleeting moments,
they slip through my grasp,
Like grains of sand,
in an hourglass,
But I've come to see,
in the haze of my past,
The smallest joys,
make my Eden last.

We begin in Cody, Wyoming, for some Hard Rock with an early 2000s vibe, where you don't have to bury your feelings in the dark unknown, and paradise awaits in the light of day:

"Honestly I looked into the mirror one day filled with pride, thinking I was building something for my family, when all I had done was miss out on the small things that made them happy like playing with my children or simply going to bed with my wife.

I lost balance and misplaced my heaven on earth… my family. Don't bury those beautiful moments that so many take for granted. They are the moments that are meant to keep us fulfilled. They are moments not meant to die, but ones that last. Heavens no place for gravestones.

I wrote this song because I hoped it would inspire others to see through "the haze" of their past, to Learn from it, to fix it, and come to really enjoy there heaven on earth whatever that may be, rather than speaking words that have no action to prove their meaning."

spotify:track:5RVEDUZHkvKEpVCFU02UYh:small

Project Overload – Moving Mayhem

ProjectOverload.jpg

I don't want to see the world without you,

Freedom is the best melody,

Traveling the world of philosophy.

Moving mayhem to just to be seen,

I don't want you to be apart from me.

Next up, from Coventry, England, this Indie Pop selection is all about another type of Eden: just to roll round in the grass, have a great time, and feel the sun after so much time in the darkness:

"Moving Mayhem was written during our first rehearsal after coming out of the COVID lockdown in the UK. We were 14 and 15 year olds, and it felt like we’d missed an important part of our lives.

The song is a celebration of freedom after being shut inside away from the world and an outpouring of joy at being able, at last, to get on with being kids, being relaxed, happy and free to enjoy life once again with the friends we’d missed for so long.

I remember that summer we had fantastic weather, too, and the lyrics take us right back to those long hot days. We were determined not to take our friends or our freedom for granted again!"

spotify:track:77jzj98hkIJDyyhtBHo7q7:small 

Os Overdoses – Practical Choke

OsOverdose.jpg

Fear is my homie
A joke is what I make
Pull you by your armstring
Ha Ha Ha!
What a joke I make!

Next stop, Morto Portugal, for some psychedelic old-school rock n'roll riffing that brings horror themed comics to life. Be careful, they may take you for the ride of your (after)life:

"[Band member] Joey took it from a tales from the crypt comic. It's about two medicine students who pull pranks with body parts they took from the morgue. They put it in random spaces.

So thank god it’s not from personal experience. At least that's what we'd tell the FBI.

At the end they get chocked by an intestine."

spotify:track:2K86XH6A48qZLTaR6Ht970:small  

Dragged Up – Young Person's Guide to Going Backwards in the World

DraggedUp.jpg

When all I knew
Suicide Saturdays
Moulding strange faces
Blank generation beach
Breaking my nose
When all was out of reach

Let's travel to Glasgow, Scotland, for a Lo-Fi Garage Rock track titled after a kids TV show that'd fit accurately in the grown up world. The question that begs to be answered is: Who is Anna Home? Band member Eva explains:

"The track is partly auto-biographical, with childhood memories of loneliness mixed with those of TV shows. Desperate to escape the confines of a somewhat repressive background, I sought solace in music, strange films and TV.

Anna Home was a kids TV commissioning officer responsible for certain shows which fascinated me, including the series Dramarama. The song's title is taken from one episode which I felt fit the narrative well. I also reference another storyline (Back to Front) which involved a sinister Doppelganger taking over the protagonist's life, leaving them forever trapped inside a mirror looking out onto the world - somehow finding that relatable to my own existence! 😊"

spotify:track:3b1p3VY7mLLA3C1N8IH8md:small 

The Barren Spinsters – Paint Another Picture

TheBarrenSpinsters.jpgdiscipline and purpose

isn’t what we lacked

making bad decisions

without all the facts

striving for composure

falling very short

forming an opinion

as a last resort

We end our trip in Canberra, Australia for a Blues Rock track with a thrashy twist about how being older means things are less dramatic, but it doesn't mean you're smarter, or wise:

"Musically we always try and mash our influences together, even if it looks like they won't work. The guitar riff started off as an old delta blues style thing. Then we threw a Van Halen style groove over it, and a ridiculous guitar solo at the end. Bon appetit!"

spotify:track:45qBKwKUS1kNgaLjEUKa1k:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!