Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

music-blog.jpg

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - June 2024

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check May's review for more music.

Five cities, five genres, five themes, five feelings. Give them a listen, with a word from the artists themselves.
🎧

Flesh Machine – F Is For Failing

FleshMachine.jpg

Can't you see? It's reality
Close friends lie, people die
so do I

An empty head can't
keep up with all that's being said
So why do I strive?
And what is this no good life?

Let's begin our long journey in Reykjavík, Iceland with an Alternative Synth Rock with a retro vibe that would instantly fit in a John Hughes teenage movie soundtrack about life's coming of age struggles:

"The track originally was a very chill organ instrumental, almost like a church song, then I got inspired by more 80s anthemic songs that inspired it to be more happy/sad sort of track. Feeling like everything is against you but also almost making fun of yourself for thinking that."

spotify:track:6OGVFTZ6nibwZ1hn552kKf:small

Painted Places – Too Idle To See

PaintedPlaces.jpg

Procrastination takes its toll

Communication heals your soul

Exaggeration will be your friend

If you're wanting to pretend

No matter where I roam

I never want to go home

and in the middle of my arc

I find it hard to sleep in the dark

We fly now to Stockton-on-Tees, UK, for a Garage Rock track that warns about being too close to comfort... sometimes what you need it's right there for the taking, but you may end up not seeing it:

"It came out of pure boredom on a rainy day. I had nothing to do and was in the mood for recording something but didn't have anything written to record. I downloaded a drum sample, looped it then looped some bass lines over the top and then some guitar riffs. Kept at it all day until it grew into this song. Then we used that demo track as a basis for the band to record this track over the top."

spotify:track:13RuUlI4COLxMb4ju1ZhLB:small 

S/J – Never Win (feat. Liv Wallace)

SJ.jpg

Take me by the hand
for a walk on the beach

I whisper through the air
how dare you

If only outside
would you see me
maybe I can be that man

Next stop, Panama City, FL. for an acoustic Alt Country song with a two side love story that's perfect for a duet. Sometimes, you keep waiting for those magic words that may never come... baby you've been my man:

"It is definitely an experience with a certain girl. A love song and story about how it feels to struggle in relationships and never being good enough in your mind for that special person in your life."

spotify:track:3iOhxd2rzURSaoixtQnvAg:small  

Hasse Co – Beautiful Man

HasseCo.jpg

the car came drifting
picked me up in the cold
your star is fading
but you're still the most beautiful man i know

and you show up
like a dog again
easy living
you've got everything

From an acoustic sunny beach setting, we now go to Stockholm, Sweden for some Drum & Bass speedy breakbeats that mask the sorrowful sadness of inevitable change:

"The first instrumental version is actually pretty old, from 2017 I think. The lyrics is about dealing with loss, seeing someone again after a long time, knowing things have changed and trying to accept that.

It's a both sad and happy song I guess. And i just like the phrase you're still the most beautiful man i know sounded. :)"

spotify:track:3aApIdGrasUBAw0qDZPJAJ:small 

Electric Fence – Black Soul

ElectricFence.jpg

And now I can feel it
through all my flesh and bones
Controlling me and trying to enslave me

And I fight against it
but I know I cannot win
That's why you can't play
with forces you can't understand

Last stop... Madrid, Spain, for a track with 100% Rock attitude. The story of a man possessed by an evil spirit in the forest. Yes, he's become a black soul:

"Well we came up with the music first and then built the lyrics around it, so one could say that the music itself inspired the lyrics. It has this mysterious vibe that led to some dark storytelling in the lyrics."

spotify:track:2TRrVc3NDiYUNiA2qp2JL3:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!