Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cant Login to my Spotify on my Laptop. But it works on my Phone

Cant Login to my Spotify on my Laptop. But it works on my Phone

i tried to login to my acc on my laptop but it keeps showing me that either my passoword or username is wrong, even though im logged in on my Phone with the same details. I cant reset my password because it tells me my acc is not connected and it wont send me a email code when i try. My suspicion is that my password is the problem because i tried using the password with a brand new acc and it says its to short. So now i cant log into my Desktop acc, even though ive been using the same acc for years without a problem... until now. (posting from my old acc)
4 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you verify the email address registered in your account on the phone app by going to the app Settings? If it's the same email you've tried to use to log in on the desktop app, try resetting the password one more time from this page, using an incognito window and a different device.

If you still can't reset your password, could you send us a screenshot where we can see the error message you're getting? Make sure not to include any private info, like your email address.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello!

The email address is the same on phone and desktop. I tried resetting it but i never got the email like before.   

Thanks for reaching out, and for the help!

Screenshot (798).png

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Randomly, the Spotify app on my Desktop logged me out and has since rendered me locked out of using it on Desktop. 

Attempts to log in or reset my password via the ‘forgot password’ function run into a problem, preventing any email being sent and not allowing me to log in. 

The app on my phone, so far, has functioned as expected and remains working. 

I sourced the issue for myself. It had to do with Firefox. Signing in on Chrome was fine, so I had to switch my default browser to Chrome briefly to log in, then switch it back once it worked. 

Suggested posts