Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify randomly maxes out volume

Spotify randomly maxes out volume

Every time I change song the volume maxes out including my downloaded songs and also whenever I startup the app.
Tried clearing cache, reinstalling, logging out and back in, and messing with the volume normalizer.
Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.47.364.gf06e5cee
73 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

HP Laptop i7/32/512

Operating System

Win11Pro

My Question or Issue

Spotify Desktop  - when I normally click switch to video once I've started my playlist playing, if the next available song had a video it would play it.  Yesterday since the app had an update the following problems:-

1. once the song with the video playing has finished, it no longer plays the next video it just plays the song (even though there was a video available)
  2. the volume of the song playing (after the video song) is really high - it's like there's a problem with volume normalization?  The moment I click on the volume slider (I don't even move it) the volume goes back to the level I had.

All this has changed since yesterday Spotify Desktops Windows App update.

I've just tried a full clean reinstall - still the same problem.

and Videos aren't even an option on the web player e.g. Switch to video has disappeared.

Same problem, are you also getting the slight fade in when you start a song too?

it even does this on older versions when i install those. idk whats happening

I have the exact same problem, whenever I start Spotify the volume slider is still on the old position, but the volume is maxed out. It also happens when starting a song that is from a local folder.

The only workaround I have for now is to use the web version, I'm on Firefox and have no issues there.

yeah that's how mine is and as soon as I touch the volume slider it goes back to normal 

What i did to fix it for right now is clean install a previous version, and wait till they fix it

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

-

Operating System

Windows 11 Pro

My Question or Issue

Whenever I start the app the volume automatically goes high. The volume slider is still low though. And yes, I can adjust the volume

Hey folks!

Thank you for reporting this.

Try removing your app's cached data. If this doesn't help out - see if performing a complete clean reinstall of the app would make a difference. 

In case it doesn't, let us know the following details:

• The device this is occurring on
  • Its OS version
  • Your Spotify app version

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

can anybody else try this please?

I have done 2 clean installs, one with and one without revo uninstaller (removes absolutely everything of an application). Both times the problem still persisted. I also tried the microsoft store version and from the spotify site directly.

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 22H2

OS build: 19045.4894

1.2.47.364.gf06e5cee

yes I'm getting this

where do I get a previous version from?

Tried reinstalling it through Microsoft store and clearing appdata and the problem is still there. Probably a Spotify issue rather than a client one. Should just wait until an update or install a previous version

Edition: Windows 11 Home

Version: 23H2

OS Build: 22631.4249

1.2.47.364.gf06e5cee

I tried a complete clean uninstall (including removing all local files as per the instructions), complete reboot and reinstall - still the same issue.

How do I find a previous version to install?

I am also having this issue

having the exact same issue, the volume goes back to normal after I touch the volume bar, tried clearing cache and changing the volume settings with no difference

Suggested posts