Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Desktop] The Home & Search buttons should be at the left-hand side of the screen

I opened the desktop version of Spotify today as usual, to see that there has been an unusual change to its layout.

H2theJ_0-1723641806431.png

The Home & Search icons have been moved to the top to give it a search engine-like feel when it used to be on the left-hand side of the screen, where it looked cleaner. Now, it looks cluttered and very bulky on my screen. Whereas before:

H2theJ_1-1723641950474.png

It had a cleaner and more sophisticated feel. 

So please Spotify, bring back the old desktop layout or give users the option to do so!

Comments
Blyvion

Windows 11
Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.43.420.gc7b23f70

The top bar is very thin making it tedious to move the window around where I want it to.

saysaysay

The latest update of Spotify of Mac OS putted 'home' botton, search bar and browse at the top center of the interface. This makes the whole interface look even more crowded, as it takes up a very wide portion of the top, making the whole interface look very unattractive. I think the home button needs to be changed back to where it was, or just have a small home button at the top (try not to take up as much space at the top as possible) , click on it when you need it, and it pops the full search bar out again.

Amphibax

Can't we just keep one UI for gods sake it has gotten worse with nearly every update

catchs0meZZZs

I'm so sick of sites changing the UI so often. And they only get worse.

FrBat

Absolutely horrible, I don't know how anyone could think this was a good idea. Spotify is falling off badly.

Rawalanche

The rate of the UI eshittification of spotify is truly insane. It's been going downhill past two years.

hayzer

They just need to decrease the height of the top bar to how it was before. Aside from that, this new UI is much better in my opinion.

annefloor

The thing that frustrates me the most is that the buttons for returning to the previous page are now in the upper left corner and thus (too) far away from the part of the screen they relate to. Which slows down a very simple action tremendously.

vordea

This change doesn't make any sense and feels like change for the sake of change.

It makes the entire screen taller and adds tons of white space that doesn't need to exist, as this isn't a mobile program, it's a desktop program navigated using a mouse.

blabla99

Please don't keep on updating and changing the tool and utilities positions and configurations on the PC version's app. I can not keep up with those changes and have to find out how to use the app from scratch. For example, you guys have moved the "Home" button to a new place. I'm not saying changing is bad, but the nonstop updates after a while are annoying. Anyway, I still like Spotify.